Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring in Gurley in Exchange for Draft Capital?

No he won't. None of them ever do, because there is no running back in the league worth a second contract when it comes to value versus production.
Not quite true. you can find some back ups and veterans with a variety of skill sets to round out that position.

Guys like Gurley and Gordon are good guys to have when they are young and mobile. Issue is the high amount of contact they get does take it's toll, just the nature of the body.

On the topic of Gurley, nobody is trading for that salary and the rams will not be eating it for anybody. You throw in a degenerative knee and all of the sudden he isnt the dynamic threat he once was. Its a shame it really is. The rams dug their own grave and have to deal with it

KC just won the Super Bowl with the all-too-familiar Damien Williams as the lead back, that's all you need to know about RB's
Misleading...

It sounds like Mahomes wasn't bit player in the Super Bowl.

Im just thankful Ireland isn't at the helm, otherwise we'd actually have to sweat this out.

lbmclean_nocal: Most people don't understand what OP are asking and I think that includes you too...

OP asked if we should bring in Gurley in exchange for draft capital... That means Rams are giving us draft pick(s) in exchange for us taking Gurley and his salary. There are history of us doing exactly that with Rams: Rams gave us Talib and 2020 fifth round pick and we gave them 2022 seventh round pick so Rams can free about 4 million from their salary cap.

Now, since trading Gurley will free their salary cap by 15 million a year I think, not sure of that so therefore they will be giving us lot better deal... Maybe we send them 2021 seventh round pick and they give us Gurley and 2020 second round pick or something like that...

yes this is only a dumb thread if you dont read what its actually supposed to be about. This is actually a damn good thought process, bumping cause your feelings got hurt isn't though.

They dont have a 1 this year...and that is a lot of money to take on. So i would say we need their 2 this year #52 and maybe a 6th. or their 2021 1st rounder.

I would also accept their 4th this year and their 2 for next year. we have to spend our cap anyways this year. And as far as us helping the Rams.

BUT BUT BUT, i would wait til about 2-3 weeks into free agency before i did this. no point in tieing your hands together too soon.

Well if we do a draft pick trade for a 2nd and Gurely while giving up a 7th? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

An extra 2nd to help shore up OL from a team that went 5-11? That's a high 2nd rounder. Plus it gives us a decent RB to use for a year or 2 depending on health. Miami has a ton of cap and the CBA may not allow cap rollover anymore.

Back
Top Bottom