Brock Osweiler Impressing Miami Dolphins Early In Ota’s | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Osweiler Impressing Miami Dolphins Early In Ota’s

Go Brock Lobster, pulling for this dude. He may suck, but not as much as Matt Moore unfortunately!
Brock is not better than Moore.....as long as u can hide this guy on bench. Everything will be all right...

Brock is not better than Moore.....as long as u can hide this guy on bench. Everything will be all right...

I would agree with that statement 2 years ago, but unfortunately Moore who I love is washed up, which is why he is out of the league. It was pretty obvious last year imo, I mean we had to play Cutler as much as possible for God's sake!

How come John Elway, one of the greatest QB's of our time couldn't help work/fix his mechanics.

Maybe one the the greatest QB's of our time, can't fix his mechanics. That's like saying a great race car driver is a great mechanic. I doesn't work that way for a lot of people.

Let's give BO the benefit of the doubt. He is now a member of the Miami Dolphins and I was as skeptical as the next guy upon signing him but I do want him to do well. Hopefully the "QB Whisperer" will have a positive impact on him and turn his career around as it can only get better, one would think.

By the end of training camp we will all believe in the Wizard of Os... just don't look behind the curtain. I still say he's a 27 year old version of Josh Allen. If Allen can be a first round pick, Osweiler can be a NFL backup on a cheap deal.

Last edited:
my favorite think about Brock is that he is not Jay Cutler. Seriously though, if our backup QB ever plays we are screwed anyway. I could care less who we have back there this year.

I would agree with that statement 2 years ago, but unfortunately Moore who I love is washed up, which is why he is out of the league. It was pretty obvious last year imo, I mean we had to play Cutler as much as possible for God's sake!

Cutler was always gonna play as much as possible.

Moore was still a solid backup. There is just no upside there anymore. I mean the guy played bad in his 2 starts, at Baltimore and at New England, wouldn’t shock me if Cutler just said “let Matt take it this week”.

Hell Ryan Tannehill, Chad Pennington, etc . . . We have struggled at Baltimore for years. Coming off the bench, Matt was still solid.

I think the he's a bit like Mark Sanchez, a fringe starter but someone who can flash now and then. In a backup role he could have success.

Interesting side comment from Joe Schad who observed OTA when the media was allowed in the other day. He said that David Fales was impressive. Don't be surprised if Fales wins the backup role.

I figure we will carry 3 qb's this year to be safe. Look at it to be RT, DF, then Brock. If RT is showing no signs of soreness and BO looks good in preseason I could potentially see us trying to get a conditional out of him.

And for those saying how come ELways one of the greatest yada yada yada couldn't fix him, its also a matter of this, Marino has a lower position with the team than Elway and you rarely hear about marino on the field working with the QB. I know Ive read about him sitting in the QB room cause Gase or whoever it was said it wasn't completely productive. going over film "RT what would you do..."ok good", MM what would you do..."ok good", Dan what would you do..."no only you could've made that pass, that's not the right call" Everything isn't about technique, Elway was more like an RT, great on the move and roll out. That's not brocks game. Marino despite his knowledge of the game also had a set of brass balls on him, more confidence than anyone, and a leadership fire that burned at all times. that isn't stuff you can teach as a qb coach or mentor.

Cutler was always gonna play as much as possible.

Moore was still a solid backup. There is just no upside there anymore. I mean the guy played bad in his 2 starts, at Baltimore and at New England, wouldn’t shock me if Cutler just said “let Matt take it this week”.

Hell Ryan Tannehill, Chad Pennington, etc . . . We have struggled at Baltimore for years. Coming off the bench, Matt was still solid.
Yea I kinda felt the Baltimore and Pats games were setup to fail games for Moore. Gase thinking ahead was throw ing those games in the bag thinking hey it keeps Cutler healthy and most importantly made his decision to start Cutler over Moore look like the right one. Look if Moore wins and Cutler looses now there is a issue. I would not be surprised that all the purging going on this last year revolves around this issue. Laundry, Suh, Pouncy and Jay Aljayi may have rallied around support ing Moore as the veteran leaders on the team and that left Cutler and Gase on their own. That last game of the year Buffalo at home we play Fales over Moore really. We could have won that game with Moore. Sure the season was lost but isn't this about winning and loosing and if the coach really doesn't care why should the players. Didn't surprise me at all Laundry going out in that game, he gets the records for yardage and TDs then gets kicked out of the game right away. Hey why not, why stay on the field risk possible injury and loose that big free agent contract for a coach committed more his own agenda than the teams. Side note I realize I may have over thought all of this but it holds some logic imo and Fales did play better in the season finale than I expected.

Back
Top Bottom