Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Build Around Tannehill Or Make A Move At Quarterback?

I don't think this "horse" is dead...I think all of us fans have an opinion and are hoping for the right answers and are entitled to their thoughts in this forum...and, of course, we all are entitled to respond or ignore the posts...with respect

I am still on the build the team and the QB will come theory...if we didn't have a capable starter then a QB at 11 or even a move up, if possible, would be the way we would have to go....as extremely important as the right signal caller is, we need to build our TEAM in order to be competitive and I want our team to be looking at potential game changing starters at 11 and 42...there isno sure thing but drafting a QB at 11 says to me our first round draft pick will not see the field (barring injury) for a couple of years (in theory)....

Our team is not in a place where they can afford to sit idle with a first round draft pick and pass on a potential game changer (hopefully on defense) that should start day one and impact our team immediately...our team is also not ready to mortgage the future by trading away draft picks needed for talent and depth....

A QB in the 3rd-4th to groom should suffice while we build a stronger team
1. QB is the most expensive and one of the most uncertain pieces to fit.

2. RT has shown that he just MIGHT be one of the top 10 QBs in the league.

3. There is a good chance he will return successfully.

4. it would be foolish to move away from T Hill at this point when you can build so many other areas.

5. If a qb falls in your lap for future development, great- go for it.
When did Ryan Tannehill show he can be a top 10 QB?

You could say, at times, he played worse then a top 20. Can we see the guy earn his way back to the late '16 status he had around here...

Jesus, sound so familiar to his draft day.

Personally, I wanted a complete rebuild for this upcoming season with Tannenbaum, Grier, and Gase all being replaced. But, since that's not going to happen, then I say give them one more year with Tannehill and improve the rest of the team. Should they do well, fine... although I'd still want Tannenbaum gone! Should they fall flat again, clean house completely, and give the new regime a chance to pick their own QB.

Depends on if a franchise guy is available at a spot they don’t have to give up numerous picks to acquire.

This must be the only place in the country where anyone thinks THill is any good. I just do not understand how some Fin fans defend this guy.
He is not even in the top 20 QBs in the league.
Every GM, scout, coach would take these 20 QBs over him without hesitation:Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Wentz, Wilson, Cam, Ryan, Rodgers, Luck, Mariota, Winston, Rivers, Stafford, Carr, Cousins, Watson, Flacco, Dak, Eli, Goff.
Most would put THIll on par with Dalton and Taylor.
And fans think they should build around him? A guy who has never won a playoff game or shown the ability to excel in the 4th quarter.

Not much if a RT guy, nor do I get wrapped up in this 7-1 talking points. It's like hearing the Pennington "most accurate QB in history " nonsense.

But since i believe the current CS and FO, a long with ownership are all in on Tannehill...we will be witness to more rebuilding in search of a product that resembles something other than crap we've been given these past years.

Ryan Tannehill will get a 10 year window in Davie.

Building around a player who can’t even make the pro bowl as an alternate is a laugher.

Use the draft to unearth a hidden gem. Or we’re doomed to mediocrity.

Building around a player who can’t even make the pro bowl as an alternate is a laugher.

Use the draft to unearth a hidden gem. Or we’re doomed to mediocrity.

You make it sound so easy... I mean, hey! I dont have a debt problem, all I gotta do is win the lotto and we'll be fine....

I like our QB status this year way more than last year. Ryan's back and we'll definitely keep an eye out for a future star QB as we will every year.

Last edited:
This must be the only place in the country where anyone thinks THill is any good. I just do not understand how some Fin fans defend this guy.
He is not even in the top 20 QBs in the league.
Every GM, scout, coach would take these 20 QBs over him without hesitation:Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Wentz, Wilson, Cam, Ryan, Rodgers, Luck, Mariota, Winston, Rivers, Stafford, Carr, Cousins, Watson, Flacco, Dak, Eli, Goff.
Most would put THIll on par with Dalton and Taylor.
And fans think they should build around him? A guy who has never won a playoff game or shown the ability to excel in the 4th quarter.

A lot of those guys on your list are in the same non playoff win/4th quarter boat. Ironic post seeing you have “logic” in your username.

We need to build around him like you would any QB but I'm ok taking a QB too if one we like is there when we pick

What have you done for me lately.
Forget the multiple coaches and numerous offensive scheme's early in Ryan's career.
What has Ryan done for us lately?
He found a groove and went 7-1.
What evidence suggests that he doesn't build on that high watermark?
Same coach, same offensive scheme.
But add in a revised o line, 2 good receivers, Drake's abilities and Gore.
Another year of watching film, absorbing Gases system and building a strong desire to return to the field, Ryan is set up for his Now Moment, the culmination of his experiences and abilities that led him to 2018.
A slump this year is inexcusable. This is THE year for Ryan.
As far as the draft, before Sitton I wanted Nelson if we kept Ryan as the QB for the next couple of years. And to be honest, I'd still love for Nelson to be here.
So absent a QB or LG pick, I'd go defense. For now, I'd take Edmunds and be excited to see him work with Kiko and McMillan.

Why is "lately" one and a half years ago?

Back
Top Bottom