Building a team was the point of this season. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building a team was the point of this season.

if this was a training camp season why weren't we evaluating the most important position in sports during games? so that half the locker room that won't even be here next year isn't questioning flores' decision?

"I think it's easy for people to sit and say you should do this or that," Flores said, via the Palm Beach Post. "I don't think those same people would stand in front of that group and say, 'Hey, this is in the best interest of the team..."

Going to be a tough go next year as well. This will be a long rebuild although i say it is safe to assume improvement will be more noticeable. Will still need to replace around half the roster and can only assume our first 3 rounds of picks will be immediate starters. Going to need around 10 players in FA. Good news is that we are trending upwards
Going to be a tough go next year as well. This will be a long rebuild although i say it is safe to assume improvement will be more noticeable. Will still need to replace around half the roster and can only assume our first 3 rounds of picks will be immediate starters. Going to need around 10 players in FA. Good news is that we are trending upwards
I totally agree. I think this is going to be a 3 to 4 year rebuilding job. They just have far too many holes to fill to expect this team to be legitimately contending for a playoff spot in the next couple of years. On top of that they will be starting a young QB in the coming years who will probably take a few years to adjust to playing in the NFL. I think it will likely be 2023 before thhis team even has a chance to be better than mediocre.

I kind disagree w secondary.. it kind hard cover w no pass rush.. I think DB have done pretty well. Get some pass rusher on this team and you will see how good our DB will be...
I think Hartage and one of those newer guys actually played very well. One is named Hayes, I don’t know other. They weren’t surrendering a lot of yards till we went into prevent at end of game. But they looked like they were playing close and physical up until the last half of fourth quarter.

if this was a training camp season why weren't we evaluating the most important position in sports during games? so that half the locker room that won't even be here next year isn't questioning flores' decision?

"I think it's easy for people to sit and say you should do this or that," Flores said, via the Palm Beach Post. "I don't think those same people would stand in front of that group and say, 'Hey, this is in the best interest of the team..."

Probably because this isn't a training camp season

I think Hartage and one of those newer guys actually played very well. One is named Hayes, I don’t know other. They weren’t surrendering a lot of yards till we went into prevent at end of game. But they looked like they were playing close and physical up until the last half of fourth quarter.
Next yr dolphins need spend money. Fix that oline and add pass rusher. No excuse...that what killing dolphins. Right now our Defense is not that bad fix but Offense line need work bad

Whole OL solid backups maybe Davis can start

RB needed who is a legitimate and powerful threat all the time for extra pressure taken off our QB.

WR atleast 2 more solid starters....why ? I don't consider Ford, Hurns scary, Wilson (hurt to much as solid WR and can not be relied on IMO, released). Also Parker and now Williams (questionable health issues and not sure you can rely a full season with them. but exceptional and has that scary quality I apprecite when healthy, though would like more speed?) Like a speedy one a lot

Gesicki coming on and hopefully continue his progress. the others (who are they lol).

So as you can see just offensively I feel the need for a hell of a lot improvement. But if they just solidified the OL this year I'd be OK with it. And I'm fine with Rosen given a fair shot with appropriate support.

Good thing is we are set up to have a reasonable shot, Draft, FA, cap space, at achieving much of these needs if staff have a clue.

if this was a training camp season why weren't we evaluating the most important position in sports during games?

Because Flores didn't feel it was the most productive way to go about it.

He was evaluating Rosen, and his progress on a weekly, if not daily, basis, and doesn't give a rats a$$ about fans being able to do thier own assessment.

Next yr dolphins need spend money. Fix that oline and add pass rusher. No excuse...that what killing dolphins. Right now our Defense is not that bad fix but Offense line need work bad
You are all over the place brother.

One day you are telling us the most important thing is a QB, because coaches job is on the line.

Today you are telling us O line and pass rush are top priority.

There are many areas that need attention, but my god man, have some convictions about your beliefs, if you are going state things in terms of absolutes.

There’s only a few guys that I would say should be guaranteed to return in 2020 and none of them would be QBs.

My list is short. Preston Williams, Dvp, raekwon mcmillan, Jerome baker, gesicki, howard, Godchaux, Wilkins, rowe

Last edited:
There’s only a few guys that I would say should be guaranteed to return in 2020 and none of them would be QBs.

My list is short. Preston Williams, Dvp, raekwon mcmillan, Jerome baker, gesicki, howard, Godchaux, Wilkins.

What's your minimum criteria for returning?

My list is short. Preston Williams, Dvp, raekwon mcmillan, Jerome baker, gesicki, howard, Godchaux, Wilkins.
This. Those guys are starters.
Then you have that whole second tier group- serviceable, but if we can upgrade, do it: Ford, Hurns, Davis, et al...
And Maybe my brain is failing me, but I am questioning that math of the OP...12 draft picks plus 5 free agents equals 17; the number 25-30 was thrown out of guys back from this year equals 47. Last time I checked, wasn't it a 53 man roster? 6 more spots.
Plus I don't see what the math matters. You draft as many guys as possible, sign a couple nice FA deals, the rest fillers and role players, and you bring in a haul and let the coaches sort it out. Plus there will be injuries.

You are all over the place brother.

One day you are telling us the most important thing is a QB, because coaches job is on the line.

Today you are telling us O line and pass rush are top priority.

There are many areas that need attention, but my god man, have some convictions about your beliefs, if you are going state things in terms of absolutes.
first of all black monday is next monday.. you looking at 4 to 6 coaches might get fired. Thier ain't but one qb I like and he will be gone when dolphins pick. So fix oline and dline.
Yes we need qb but without line. How good do u think a qb is going be. You should never question me if u are watching dolphins. We need pass rusher ass well. We are needed team

Last edited:
I'm for keeping Ford at wide receiver. The kid does nothing but make plays and he's got a case of the quicks!
From the limited amount I've seen, he's a much more precise route technition than I thought. It's also been reported that his knowledge of every route tree, for every position, is unparalleled.

I would think that's exactly the kind of guy you want around, even if it is the 5th WR spot. IDK his ST value though. Those last skill position spots generally require the player also have ST value.

No X?
No Needham?
No Rowe?

I know "gaurantee" is a tough bar, but there are some guys who, I would say, have a 90%+ probability of being here next season.

Back
Top Bottom