Building a team was the point of this season. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building a team was the point of this season.

first of all black monday is next monday.. you looking at 4 to 6 coaches might get fired.
We are leaking all over place. Yes we need qb but without line. How good do u think a qb is going be. You should never question me if u are watching dolphins. We need pass rusher *** well. We are needed team
I should never question you?

Oh, OK....

Just so we are clear, what are your top priorities, in what order?

I don't have a problem with whatever you say. Just trying to figure out what your vision is.

Edit: What does coaches being fired have to do with it?

Our whole goal this year was a “CULTURE CHANGE” not a tank

this whole perception of the “tank” is ridiculous I keep seeing fans complain about a wasted season and that’s just bs

we were never tanking we stripped this team to the bare bones and are rebuilding from the ground up with players that believe in our system and culture by forging the right FOOTBALL mentality of TEAM FOOTBALL

it may take awhile from now but I believe and trust in the process cause I’m sick of the mediocre 6-9 win dolphins year in and year out

Because Flores didn't feel it was the most productive way to go about it.

He was evaluating Rosen, and his progress on a weekly, if not daily, basis, and doesn't give a rats a$$ about fans being able to do thier own assessment.
if brian flores were halfway qualified enough to evaluate the quarterback position i could live with that. but fitz starting the season and getting benched after just 2 games, followed by rosen being named the starter for the rest of the season and then getting benched the very next game looks more like a clown show than productivity. then we get to december and he can't go back to rosen because the locker room - half of which won't be here next year - might question his decision? this is what it looks like when a former linebacker and defensive coach with zero management experience is making QB decisions. ffs where is jim caldwell when you need him...

I should never question you?

Oh, OK....

Just so we are clear, what are your top priorities, in what order?

I don't have a problem with whatever you say. Just trying to figure out what your vision is.

Edit: What does coaches being fired have to do with it?
What I want may not be what dolphins Gm/Coach want. I can only guess.. I only like lsu qb this yr. We probably ain't get him.
1. Oline need be fix
2. Dline,/ pass rusher need be add
3. Add db
4.RB
For up coming yr would be nice.

What I want may not be what dolphins Gm/Coach want. I can only guess.. I only like lsu qb this yr. We probably ain't get him.
1. Oline need be fix
2. Dline,/ pass rusher need be add
3. Add db
4.RB
For up coming yr would be nice.
I agree with all of those needs, and pretty much in that order, except that I do want to draft a QB. Who, and where? I will defer to the judgement of the staff. My preference is Herbert, if available with our Pitt pick, or Hurts/Love in rd2.

I think some O-line issues can be addressed in FA, but we should draft a tackle and edge in rd1, and a center no later than rd2/early rd3.

I think some of you ended up out in the weeds here; as none of my post intended to be very specific. Just a sort of in general post. Exact numbers, definitions of 'talent'... eh, not really what I was after. Hell, we cant agree on what kind of QB that we all want, much less which players are sure to remain...

I just wanted to try to show a relationship leading from how many players we brought in to how many we'd lose.

Merry Festivus!

if brian flores were halfway qualified enough to evaluate the quarterback position i could live with that. but fitz starting the season and getting benched after just 2 games, followed by rosen being named the starter for the rest of the season and then getting benched the very next game looks more like a clown show than productivity. then we get to december and he can't go back to rosen because the locker room - half of which won't be here next year - might question his decision? this is what it looks like when a former linebacker and defensive coach with zero management experience is making QB decisions. ffs where is jim caldwell when you need him...

You seem to know a lot too. Like it was all Flores decision (not saying it wasn't but who the hell really knows ? YOU ?

Grier, Caldwell, McKinzie, Allen and god only knows who else could have just as easily be in this decision process ( process important word). In fact how do WE even know how much Flores even had in making the choice (right or wrong).
And at a minimum we still don't really even know if he was a bad choice or he ends up being another Griese and has a better production than say a Tua or Burrows when re evaluated as to his career 5-6 years from now.

Damn man he's here a Dolphin and a cheap one at that Give him a fair shot with reasonable support and then say he can't cut it.
Who they played at QB this year is irrelevant. This team couldn't have broken 500 with Marino.

Don Shula was pretty good at evaluating QB's and he played DB...

You seem to know a lot too. Like it was all Flores decision (not saying it wasn't but who the hell really knows ? YOU ?

Grier, Caldwell, McKinzie, Allen and god only knows who else could have just as easily be in this decision process ( process important word). In fact how do WE even know how much Flores even had in making the choice (right or wrong).
And at a minimum we still don't really even know if he was a bad choice or he ends up being another Griese and has a better production than say a Tua or Burrows when re evaluated as to his career 5-6 years from now.

Damn man he's here a Dolphin and a cheap one at that Give him a fair shot with reasonable support and then say he can't cut it.
Who they played at QB this year is irrelevant. This team couldn't have broken 500 with Marino.

Don Shula was pretty good at evaluating QB's and he played DB...

This team got 4 wins with Fitzpatrick, put a HOF caliber QB and you are telling me (insert name) couldn't get 3 or 4 more wins?

Although we need a few RBs spots filled Laird will be on this roster next year guys. He can’t be ignored. He’s not a first or second string guy but he definitely has a role.
Rowe and Needham also will have roles as will Wiltz although we need a starter opposite Howard.

This team got 4 wins with Fitzpatrick, put a HOF caliber QB and you are telling me (insert name) couldn't get 3 or 4 more wins?

Just read what I said ? And you actually missed the point. Point being even a great QB is badly hampered and effected by a poor OL +RB.
We had and the Cards had pretty much possibly the worse OL in the 2019 NFL , Cards 2018 NFL.

HOF winning 3-4 additional games puts us at 7-9, 8-8 which is about 500 for the season .. and thats a friggin HOF'er not an rookie college guy trying to learn the NFL game.

But being a Dolphin fan will say if any one could have had a shot and done it, it would have been Marino. But he had decent OL and Ricky days also shown how much a QB can benefit from a quality RB. But I'm talking 99% OL.
And Dan had that highly gifted and probably the best maybe ever and rarely seen quick release...

Last edited:
Ton of jags. Easily replaceable. Won’t be missed types.

Eric rowe I should have included in the locks as I’m sure they decided that he’s the carry coverage vs tight ends guy and that has value and for 2020 at least seems a very likely keeper. Not to mention the contract extension says as much.

And for the ask since they matched him up with tight ends he’s done a plus job of it.

Just read what I said ? And you actually missed the point. Point being even a great QB is badly hampered and effected by a poor OL +RB.
We had and the Cards had pretty much possibly the worse OL in the 2019 NFL , Cards 2018 NFL.

HOF winning 3-4 additional games puts us at 7-9, 8-8 which is about 500 for the season .. and thats a friggin HOF'er not an rookie college guy trying to learn the NFL game.

But being a Dolphin fan will say if any one could have had a shot and done it, it would have been Marino. But he had decent OL and Ricky days also shown how much a QB can benefit from a quality RB. But I'm talking 99% OL.
And Dan had that highly gifted and probably the best maybe ever and rarely seen quick release...

I'm just saying QB play does elevate a offensive line.

As for the Cards they still have 3 linemen left from last year and lost their best (Iupati)? to Seattle.

And please stop with the excuse making. A rookie "trying to learn the NFL game" ran the same gauntlet in Arizona as his predecessor did.

Next year, more or less, we will be rostering 12ish draft picks and 5ish signed Free Agents. This means that around 30ish players will be retained.

I think that it's obvious (isn't it?) that Grier/Flores viewed this entire season as one big training camp in which to identify those 30ish players, and that the offseason exists to replace the ones who missed the cut.

My exercise has been to figure out which 25-30ish players will actually be returning with their spots more or less guaranteed.

QBs: Rosen
OL: Dieter, Boehm, Davis, Kilgore
RBs: none
WRs: Williams, Parker, Hurns
TEs: Gesicki, Smythe

STs: Haack, Sanders, Pepper

DL: Wilkins, Godchaux, Sieler
LBs: McMillan, Baker, Van Ginkle, Biegel
CBs: Howard, Needham, Wiltz
Ss: Rowe, Jones, Parker

Now, obviously... your mileage may differ, and to be honest, I took a deep breath before including Jones and Kilgore, but there are 26 players and every player that you add to this list basically leads to the cutting of one of our draft picks.
Sure, you could add a Laird, or a Eguavoen, or a Taco... even a Tankersley or a McCain, but then you cut one of our 7th rounders to make room.

Spots on the roster have costs.

Good Luck.
I think we also keep Laird and Wilson. Possibly Gaskin...

Probably... I cant see us getting rid of ALL our backs.
But no clue which one... or if we keep the Fullback.
I forgot about Cox, I think they keep him also. Laird has shown to be a good pass-catcher out of the backfield if anything and runs hard and Wilson seems to be hitting his stride as of late. Seems he had a little rust to blow off...

Back
Top Bottom