Building a team was the point of this season. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building a team was the point of this season.

How many returning starters do you predict? How many total returning players do you predict?
I expect roughly half the starters on both o and d to turn over -

With a rotation on the Dline I expect one or two DEs and one interior linemen
2 LB
Again a lot of rotation from 5 to 6 secondary set a we will have 2 -3 new secondary - playing big minutes

2 RBs
Possible for 4 or 5 Olinemen

So a pig with lipstick is still a pig
Do you listen to national sports radio or own a TV?
The whole freakin Nation and Canada saw a tank it is all they talked about in ref to the dolphins because it was a tank - call it what you want to feel better for the new year lol
So a pig with lipstick is still a pig
Do you listen to national sports radio or own a TV?
The whole freakin Nation and Canada saw a tank it is all they talked about in ref to the dolphins because it was a tank - call it what you want to feel better for the new year lol

the dolphins could have easily been 6-9 heading into this week. The perception around the dolphins has changed since the beginning of the season the media said we were tanking but the dolphins did not if we were tanking we wouldn’t have won 4 games if you are tanking you are losing games on purpose which coach Flores is definitely not about and if he was losing games on purpose by tanking he would have lost the locker room and respect of his players

NEW STARTERS?

3 new OL starters, 1 RB on offense. Rosen/Fitz to start at least initially.

1 New Edge Pass Rusher likely operating out of Harris' spot, 1 new slot corner, 1 new Safety if Jones released. 1 more DE, but a rotational player, not an every down player.

This is what I see for next year as new starters. I think Needham and Rowe continue to start, and I see Dieter and Kilgore continuing to start.

So, I don't see the 50% change that some have predicted.

NEW STARTERS?

3 new OL starters, 1 RB on offense. Rosen/Fitz to start at least initially.

1 New Edge Pass Rusher likely operating out of Harris' spot, 1 new slot corner, 1 new Safety if Jones released. 1 more DE, but a rotational player, not an every down player.

This is what I see for next year as new starters. I think Needham and Rowe continue to start, and I see Dieter and Kilgore continuing to start.

So, I don't see the 50% change that some have predicted.

thats not enough change for me. we need more new starters than that.

thats not enough change for me. we need more new starters than that.

What I'd like to see is a thread letting members rank players, say, by thirds. 'Above average,' 'average,' below average,' with 'rotation' and 'don't know yet' (i.e., guys like Seiler) as two other options. Average guys are starters in the NFL. I can see 5-6 potential starters on O and 7 on D based on current ranking. 2-3 more from the 'don't know yet' group. It would be QUITE interesting to see how members rank the roster.

Focus on the below average next year and work up the roster in '21. BTW, yes, average players can be upgrade, but there's a reason 32 teams have a LOT of average players. HINT: bell curve

Flores get me two OG,DE F/a than I will take dolphins seriously. 3 name brand players in free agent that can still ball. Not none of this coaching up a players stuff all time.

Flores get me two OG,DE F/a than I will take dolphins seriously. 3 name brand players in free agent that can still ball. Not none of this coaching up a players stuff all time.

There will be more than 3, ummm, unless by "brand name" you mean 'best available'

There will be more than 3, ummm, unless by "brand name" you mean 'best available'
brand name mean best player available in free agent.. these are most important positions dolphins need next yr. 2 OG, DE spend money get these player asap. A lot of OL take time to develop rookie.

brand name mean best player available in free agent.. these are most important positions dolphins need next yr. 2 OG, DE spend money get these player asap. A lot of OL take time to develop rookie.

Agree with your list. I just don't think Glo/Grier will turn Tbaum and sign the top (most expensive) FA available.

I don't think we are going to overpay for FAs, as a rule. DE might be the exception, because at that position, sheer physical ability is required, and that is something you can't teach.

Spending big $ on 30 yr old players is not the way to rebuild. If you are already a solid playoff team, that's a different situation.

If we blow all our cap space on 3 or 4 30 something guys, with multiyear contracts, we will be right back where we started, IMO.

I don't think we are going to overpay for FAs, as a rule. DE might be the exception, because at that position, sheer physical ability is required, and that is something you can't teach.

Spending big $ on 30 yr old players is not the way to rebuild. If you are already a solid playoff team, that's a different situation.

If we blow all our cap space on 3 or 4 30 something guys, with multiyear contracts, we will be right back where we started, IMO.
Dolphins have not had Og in 30 yr. Our draft pick in 2019 is terrible..

There is non grantee this rebuild is going work.. yall on here think it just that easy. Not very long stand for coaches and player in nfl. NFL contracts are bs. You can get 2 to 3 yr out of 28 yr old player Teams money going up every yr.

Last edited:
That's what they did for the past 10 years and that's why we're in the position we now find ourselves. Those big-dollar big names rarely live up to the contracts they are given and cripple the franchise's salary cap for years. I'll pass...

Dolphins have not had Og in 30 yr. Our draft pick in 2019 is terrible..
There is non grantee this rebuild is going work.. yall on here think it just that easy. Not very long stand for coaches and player in nfl. NFL contracts are bs. You can get 2 to 3 yr out of 28 yr old player Teams money going up every yr.
Respectfully, what are you talking about? You're all over the place...

That's what they did for the past 10 years and that's why we're in the position we now find ourselves. Those big-dollar big names rarely live up to the contracts they are given and cripple the franchise's salary cap for years. I'll pass...
Maybe all we can do guess on here.. I hope they sign too big time Og this yr. Than 2 good DE as well. If u dont agree cool. That what I want the dolphins too do. Dolphins can get 2 OT in draft

Back
Top Bottom