Calling Boomer and CK! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calling Boomer and CK!

Since we're talking about potential players...lets look at C. Long alittle. quote]

Tied for third with 14 sacks...tied for 14th in 19 stops for loses...23 QB pressures...on a team ranked 213th against the run, 16th in scoring defense and 23rd in total defense.

Hey bro...I'm not on the Chris Long band wagon. He seems to look pretty good to me....but I haven't seen enough of him. I KNOW Vernon Gholston is a monster....I've seen it....I've seen it against your boy Jake Long! In the end I'll be happy with who Parcells takes.

I'm fairly certain if we are drafting first or third...that Jake Long will not be the pick. Parcells is going to take who he believes is the best pass rusher in the draft. We aren't going to have this opportunity to draft this high again. We aren't going to take a guy that might not work out at LEFT tackle. Parcells has proven time and again he puts a premium on the edge rusher...sorry dude....don't want to rain on the Jake Long parade...don't think its gonna happen at 1 or 3. Love to have the guy later on in the draft - to play the right side lol....

As far as Boomer goes, I'm glad you guys are friends, and I'm glad Boomer admits he can be wrong, certainly that is the case with all of us. You were attacking the fact that I said Jake isn't a LEFT TACKLE YET. I question that he can be in the NFL....you called me out on it....I said well look here....here is a video...look here...I'm not the ONLY ONE SAYING IT.

Now I haven't seen this guy play...so I don't know if he's strong enough, is a good enough run blocker etc....but you talk about Jake being an athlete...I don't see it....to me he doesnt have good feet. I bet this guy does tho:

Ryan Clady, OT -- Boise State
The Boise State junior did not participate at the combine but turned in a first-round performance at his pro day. Clady ran times of 5.20 seconds after tipping the scales at 311 pounds. His three-cone time of 7.05 seconds eclipsed that of any offensive linemen at the combine by almost a half-second. He also looked good in position drills.

Thats in SI. half a second faster in a lateral movement drill. If I took the time to take a look at this guy... I would imagine those numbers would translate to the games. You want a Left Tackle??? based on his first round grade etc....and armed with this.....I'd say you should be rooting for this guy!!!! Get on the right horse!

Ahmmm...it tells you his 10 yd time isn't worth a hoot 1.90 and his 20 yd at 3.10...thats how you get the times...by running the 40. He sprained his ankle...so he couldn't do the 3 cone...and his verticle was 22 1/2 inches...not very good. J. Long's 10 yd was 1.76...20 yd...2.97...3 cone was 7.44 and Vert was 27 1/2 inches.

Did you just put in the results of a vertical? You're going back on ignore. I'm not getting myself banned for another of your ZT to safety posts.

Did you just put in the results of a vertical? You're going back on ignore. I'm not getting myself banned for another of your ZT to safety posts.

LMAO.... see I just didn't know what I was dealing with...LMAO...thank you for pointing that out for me.

I ask the guy to make a point...when I'm backing everything up...he can't do it and BLASTS me for simply saying...we should/are going pass rush early, that I like Jake Long, but he is a RIGHT TACKLE RIGHT NOW lol.....then all this crap about Chris Long....where did I say I was on the Chris Long bandwagon????

Never...all I said was Jake Long was outplayed by vernon Gholston twice....and when you're picking teams...I'd rather have the better guy....If Parcells deems Chis Long to be better than Gholston fine.....doesnt mean Gholston isn't still better than Jake LONG!!!

Are you going nuts? Are you telling me that a vert is not important for football players? I trust the NFL has it's reason that they make all OL players do one.

Or are you just mad that Otahs numbers are less than Longs? Or a few other OL...in the draft.

LMAO.... see I just didn't know what I was dealing with...LMAO...thank you for pointing that out for me.

I ask the guy to make a point...when I'm backing everything up...he can't do it and BLASTS me for simply saying...we should/are going pass rush early, that I like Jake Long, but he is a RIGHT TACKLE RIGHT NOW lol.....then all this crap about Chris Long....where did I say I was on the Chris Long bandwagon????

Never...all I said was Jake Long was outplayed by vernon Gholston twice....and when you're picking teams...I'd rather have the better guy....If Parcells deems Chis Long to be better than Gholston fine.....doesnt mean Gholston isn't still better than Jake LONG!!!

Backed everything up...:sidelol:

You gave me your opinion and a so called highlight video..of three plays out of two years of playing against each other. Did I say you said Long outplayed Gholston?
Or that Either of them were better than the other?

OK boys.. settle down, no more personal comments, or dragging up ancient history.

LOL...I think this one has run it's course anyways! I think the points have been made. I agree Jake Long is a pretty good run blocker, love to have him... don't think he's worth a top pick when pass rushers and perhaps even better LEFT tackles are on the board.......

Come on fishy pete....lets go over to the Ryan Clady - Jake Long forum and talk about How Clady is better than Long! :sidelol:

Jake Long all day long...
Jake is better then carey, satele, smiley and any other lineman we have.
Jake is the man.:beer1:

IMO, and I've read this somewhere respectable, Jake Long isn't as good as Joe Thomas, but better than Levi Jones.

Now, does that warrant the top pick???
That's another question.
Given our need for a LT, it might. And if we do take him #1, then Parcells & Co. believe he's a true LT, and I'll defer to that.

However, if Chris Long is the pick, that would make sense, too.

In the end, it'll come down to Parcells & Co.'s evaluation of the 2 Longs.
I truly believe it'll be one of them taken.

IMO, and I've read this somewhere respectable, Jake Long isn't as good as Joe Thomas, but better than Levi Jones.

Now, does that warrant the top pick???
That's another question.
Given our need for a LT, it might. And if we do take him #1, then Parcells & Co. believe he's a true LT, and I'll defer to that.

However, if Chris Long is the pick, that would make sense, too.

In the end, it'll come down to Parcells & Co.'s evaluation of the 2 Longs.
I truly believe it'll be one of them taken.

Here is the thing. Is it really fair to compare guys that are suited for different positions for one? Levi Jones was considered at RT last year...didnt pay much attention as to why....but what makes Jake Long better than Jones...might not even put him in the discussion with Thomas....I mean is he a better run blocker than Jones? Fine....I think He is a pretty good run blocker...

So my point is being the fact Levi Jones supposedly can't play the left side.....there shouldn't even be a comparison between him and Thomas...Jones inability to play the left side for instance....means we would be comparing what? Thomas's ability to play the right??? Not a fair comparison....is levi a better run blocker in this case? is that what allows us to compare etc.....the fact is it doenst matter if Jones can't play the LEFT side. Therefore a comparison putting Jake Long in the middle of the two shouldn't matter. again does that mean Jake is a better run blocker than Levi perhaps? Cause he isn't a great pass blocker AT THE NFL LEVEL (and maybe he can become that...carey tried it).....

The point here is if we are comparing these guys does it even matter if he ISN"T A LEFT TACKLE how he compares? We aren't looking to fill the right tackle spot...and since Long isn't the best tackle prospect to come out in the last few years...and there are more natural left tackles to choose from he doesnt make sense for us.

Now if Bill Parcells takes the guy I will offer my blind allegiance and eat crow. But get over it Jake Long bandwagon fans IT AINT HAPPENIN!

(with that being said...it seems Flozell Adams might have fit the same criteria as Long did when he came out...not sure. And Long may have that going for him. He may be a left tackle in the FUTURE....there are better options at the position IN THE PRESENT)

Boomer...can you find me another high rated Tackle in this draft or next years draft...that he played against? I just haven't seen one. Otah most likely will go first round...but I doubt he'll be a top 10 pick..right?

I'm not against C. Long...but you have to look hard at all players. When a player goes from 4.5 sacks in his junior season to 14 in his senior season...is it him...or the lack of competition he faced.

Andrew Gardner of Ga. Tech's pretty good off the top of my head.

Does that say more about Otah or Long in your book?

Depends how highly you rate Long or whether you worry about the level of the other tackles he's been racking the sacks up against

The vertical in linemen is very important. It looks at leg explosion and measures how they fire off the ball.

Back
Top Bottom