Calling Boomer and CK! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calling Boomer and CK!

Next time the Dolphins or any other team needs an expert opinion on LT's...I sure hope they ask you!
Let me add...Fat chance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...there's not one player in this draft thats risk free...no team drafts with the idea that it's a lock...or a given that the player they select is a sure thing...it's a best possible guess after all the scouts..all the film...they are placing a bet for the future.

How many examples do I have to give you about those bets...the best example is our own Marino...How many teams let him pass...before Shula took a chance.

How many examples do you need concerning so called great Linebackers that played great in college...but failed in the NFL. I bet us older fans can think of a few.

You say you saw some Michigan games...hence you make a decision...please keep your day job. You failed to mention that a average rusher who happens to have ran a 4.69 at the combine...acquired 1361 yds at a 5.1 avg...I wonder how he got those yards. Do you think J. long had something to do with that? Lets see;

The Wolverines amassed 1,251 of their 2,144 yards on the ground over Long's left tackle position, as he registered 119 knockdowns, including 18 touchdown-resulting blocks…Allowed only one quarterback sack on 423 pass plays and was penalized just once, finishing with an 87.85% grade for blocking consistency…

As you see pass blocking is only a small part of the game...and yet he only gave up one sack...man he must be a lousy LT...for sure. And in two years...Gholston acquired only ONE sack against him...but as you say he out classed him. :shakeno:

Did you just make a point...or was the whole point of your post the fact that you don't have a point?

Last time I checked there are let's see.....about what?? 9 guys that block for a running back???? Yep believe its nine. I don't know I've ever heard a more unintelligent argument about why a guy makes a great left tackle.....cause the TEAM did an ok job of running the ball and his back only ran for 4.69 at the combine??? Doesn't make a bit of sense. What did emmitt smith run? I forget..... The only thing a running backs 40 time tells you is can he turn a short gain into a long run. Not even the most important thing a running back can do. Stupid argument. I seem to remember Darren McFadden getting caught from behind a couple of times this year...and I couldn't believe it. Then he runs a 4.33 and Ali Highsmith runs i think it was something like a 4.8....and the guy closed on McFadden on a long run, and even caught him.....so what the hell is your point???? Just EXACTLY what we need a RT at the top of the draft!! doesnt change the fact he cant pass protect....

Oh and here is a link where YOU can go watch his sweet highlight and Gholston TEARING HIM UP IN YOUR GAME THAT IT SUPPOSEDLY DIDNT HAPPEN. (it was posted by someone in the forum, and I just looked at it...perfect timing :))

then go GET a day job while you are at it.... or at least make an intelligent point...don't just regurgitate something you think you heard some announcer say

http://www.dolphinsnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214130

The Wolverines amassed 1,251 of their 2,144 yards on the ground over Long's left tackle position, as he registered 119 knockdowns, including 18 touchdown-resulting blocks…Allowed only one quarterback sack on 423 pass plays and was penalized just once, finishing with an 87.85% grade for blocking consistency…

On average, thats 446 yards up the middle and 446 yards to the right side....1251 to one side....couple that with 1 sack....

I have been thinking Chris for awhile but Jake would almost solidify the line..

Did you just make a point...or was the whole point of your post the fact that you don't have a point?

Last time I checked there are let's see.....about what?? 9 guys that block for a running back???? Yep believe its nine. I don't know I've ever heard a more unintelligent argument about why a guy makes a great left tackle.....cause the TEAM did an ok job of running the ball and his back only ran for 4.69 at the combine??? Doesn't make a bit of sense. What did emmitt smith run? I forget..... The only thing a running backs 40 time tells you is can he turn a short gain into a long run. Not even the most important thing a running back can do. Stupid argument. I seem to remember Darren McFadden getting caught from behind a couple of times this year...and I couldn't believe it. Then he runs a 4.33 and Ali Highsmith runs i think it was something like a 4.8....and the guy closed on McFadden on a long run, and even caught him.....so what the hell is your point???? Just EXACTLY what we need a RT at the top of the draft!! doesnt change the fact he cant pass protect....

Oh and here is a link where YOU can go watch his sweet highlight and Gholston TEARING HIM UP IN YOUR GAME THAT IT SUPPOSEDLY DIDNT HAPPEN. (it was posted by someone in the forum, and I just looked at it...perfect timing :))

then go GET a day job while you are at it.... or at least make an intelligent point...don't just regurgitate something you think you heard some announcer say

I'm found guilty of this..., but I like my vocation

Amazing...you can see so much watching a game...but you can't read the facts in front you. 1251 yds on J. Longs side...from a rusher who doesn't run 4.48...like R. Brown..at 232 lbs. Those are facts...not words.

After watching that Video...I saw one sack...if thats tearing up a player...lots of luck. The game is appx 4 hours long..is that the best you have?

Amazing...you can see so much watching a game...but you can't read the facts in front you. 1251 yds on J. Longs side...from a rusher who doesn't run 4.48...like R. Brown..at 232 lbs. Those are facts...not words.

After watching that Video...I saw one sack...if thats tearing up a player...lots of luck. The game is appx 4 hours long..is that the best you have?

You have a back that has been considered an NFL prospect from day one running behind a guy I never said wasnt a decent run blocker and thats YOUR argument?????? laughable. Funny how Michigan DIDN"T run the ball well when Mike Hart was hurt isnt it???? Guess there goes that one too... hmm...guess you dont have much there....and perhaps you didnt look at the video there either bub...

let me narrate for you: the first one shows Gholston going straight inside and simply overpowering Jake Long AND running over the back at the same time as he plows through Henne - who might have taken two steps back as he saw HIS LEFT TACKLE WAS ALREADY OVERPOWERED BY THE FIRST STEP....looked like Henne ended up on his back to me. The second was when Gholston went around the guy like he wasn't even there and that was Long wiffing on him as he SACKED the quarterback....Jake Longs video was laughable....and for the record I didn't put that together....If you need a tape of the Michigan Ohio St game this year...just ask...or do you want last years? What did Michigan end up with??? something like 140 yards TOTAL????? sounds like your boy must have had a good day! :sidelol:

And I'm not the only one that has said it. I love how you look some crazy *** numbers that dont matter and that is your argument...when I've given you plenty INCLUDING VISUAL PROOF...why don't you find Boomers info on the guy...is that enough for you? You need another source??? give me a break. you havent EVEN MADE A POINT other than ooooo Michigan ran the the left side of the field....lmao....no **** he's an NFL prospect - THEY SHOULD! doesnt mean ANYTHING....and It CERTAINLY doesn't make the guy a pass blocker or a LT. He is a RT right now. sorry bub

Like I wrote...obviously you can't read...or don't want to admit to the facts.

The Wolverines amassed 1,251 of their 2,144 yards on the ground over Long's left tackle position, as he registered 119 knockdowns, including 18 touchdown-resulting blocks…Allowed only one quarterback sack on 423 pass plays and was penalized just once, finishing with an 87.85% grade for blocking consistency.

If Hart ran for 1361 yds...and Michigan amassed 2144 yds on the ground...who ran for the 783 yds?

The Dolphins need a LT...that can be good at pass blocking but great at run blocking...and thats J. Long.

Boomer is a good friend and a great Fan...but he's not a coach...and he'd be the first to tell you he's not always right...like all of us.

There's a reason why in every draft board...from every person that you have and will read...that J. Long is the top rated Tackle...in this draft. With a 87.85% blocking grade...he's on top.

Since we're talking about potential players...lets look at C. Long alittle.

2007: Ranked tied for third in the nation with fourteen sacks for minus 122 yards, as the team captain started all thirteen games at right defensive end…Also ranked tied for 14th nationally with 19 stops for losses totaling 122 yards…Added 23 quarterback pressures while leading a team that ranked 213th in the nation in run defense (106.92 ypg), 16th in scoring defense (19.69 ppg) and 23rd in total defense (332.46 ypg)…Caused two fumbles, returned an interception 25 yards, blocked one kick and deflected nine passes…Saw action in 898 defensive plays. 12 GP; 12 GS; 57 TT, 9.5 TFL, 4.5 SK, 1 PBU, 7 QBH, 1 FF; Second-team All-ACC in '06. 12 GP; 12 GS; 46 TT, 10 TFL, 2 SK, 7 PBU, 26 QBH in '05. 6 GP; 0 GS; 5 TT, 2 TFL, 1 SK in '04.

Tied for third with 14 sacks...tied for 14th in 19 stops for loses...23 QB pressures...on a team ranked 213th against the run, 16th in scoring defense and 23rd in total defense.

The year before C. Long had 4.5 sacks in 12 games.. 2 sacks in 2005 and 1 sack in 2004.

Now lets look closer at the teams he played against. I wonder how many of these teams were ranked in the top 20?

I wonder how many great Tackles C. Long faced this season...here's a list...how many do you see?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=OT&draftyear=2008&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

Here's a list of the 2009 drafts Tackles...how many did he play against?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=OT&draftyear=2009&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

When you look at the facts...C. Long is a one year wonder who didn't face many if any, top teams in the country.

2007-Virginia (ACC)

9/1@Wyoming (5-7)L3239/8vs.*Duke (1-11)W24139/15@*North Carolina (4-8)W22209/22vs.*Georgia Tech (7-6)W28239/29vs.Pittsburgh (5-7)W441410/6@Middle Tennessee State (5-7)W232110/13vs.Connecticut (9-4)W171610/20@*Maryland (6-7)W181710/27@*North Carolina State (5-7)L242911/3vs.*Wake Forest (9-4)W171611/10@*Miami (Florida) (5-7)W48011/24vs.*Virginia Tech (11-3)L21331/1vs.Texas Tech (9-4)L2831@ Jacksonville, FLGator Bowl
9-4-0

This is silly . . . worse comes to worse, Jake Long is a PRO BOWL RT . . . geez, I'll take that, but I believe nobody feels he will be a bust in the NFL, he has all of the tools to be special on that OLINE . . . and unless we can trade down, he is the safest option. What good is Ronnie, McFadden, Ricky and Booker on the line if u have no one opening up holes.

Since we're talking about potential players...lets look at C. Long alittle.

2007: Ranked tied for third in the nation with fourteen sacks for minus 122 yards, as the team captain started all thirteen games at right defensive end…Also ranked tied for 14th nationally with 19 stops for losses totaling 122 yards…Added 23 quarterback pressures while leading a team that ranked 213th in the nation in run defense (106.92 ypg), 16th in scoring defense (19.69 ppg) and 23rd in total defense (332.46 ypg)…Caused two fumbles, returned an interception 25 yards, blocked one kick and deflected nine passes…Saw action in 898 defensive plays. 12 GP; 12 GS; 57 TT, 9.5 TFL, 4.5 SK, 1 PBU, 7 QBH, 1 FF; Second-team All-ACC in '06. 12 GP; 12 GS; 46 TT, 10 TFL, 2 SK, 7 PBU, 26 QBH in '05. 6 GP; 0 GS; 5 TT, 2 TFL, 1 SK in '04.

Tied for third with 14 sacks...tied for 14th in 19 stops for loses...23 QB pressures...on a team ranked 213th against the run, 16th in scoring defense and 23rd in total defense.

The year before C. Long had 4.5 sacks in 12 games.. 2 sacks in 2005 and 1 sack in 2004.

Now lets look closer at the teams he played against. I wonder how many of these teams were ranked in the top 20?

I wonder how many great Tackles C. Long faced this season...here's a list...how many do you see?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=OT&draftyear=2008&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

Here's a list of the 2009 drafts Tackles...how many did he play against?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=OT&draftyear=2009&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

When you look at the facts...C. Long is a one year wonder who didn't face many if any, top teams in the country.

2007-Virginia (ACC)

9/1@Wyoming (5-7)L3239/8vs.*Duke (1-11)W24139/15@*North Carolina (4-8)W22209/22vs.*Georgia Tech (7-6)W28239/29vs.Pittsburgh (5-7)W441410/6@Middle Tennessee State (5-7)W232110/13vs.Connecticut (9-4)W171610/20@*Maryland (6-7)W181710/27@*North Carolina State (5-7)L242911/3vs.*Wake Forest (9-4)W171611/10@*Miami (Florida) (5-7)W48011/24vs.*Virginia Tech (11-3)L21331/1vs.Texas Tech (9-4)L2831@ Jacksonville, FLGator Bowl
9-4-0

that argument holds no water, chris long plays in a good acc division and has faced good players nearly week in and week out and he has faced some good tackle prospects including duane brown from VT who had this to say about chris long "He won't be denied. You can block him for a few seconds, the ball can go to the other side of the field and he's running, going to the ball. I admire players like that, but at the same time, you've got to block them. It's a real big challenge.'' Thats coming from a guy thats projected to be a 2nd to 3rd rd pick in the nfl, plus he has went up against guys like jeff otah in his carrer and a few other really good tackles, the guy is battle tested.

that argument holds no water, chris long plays in a good acc division and has faced good players nearly week in and week out and he has faced some good tackle prospects including duane brown from VT who had this to say about chris long "He won't be denied. You can block him for a few seconds, the ball can go to the other side of the field and he's running, going to the ball. I admire players like that, but at the same time, you've got to block them. It's a real big challenge.'' Thats coming from a guy thats projected to be a 2nd to 3rd rd pick in the nfl, plus he has went up against guys like jeff otah in his carrer and a few other really good tackles, the guy is battle tested.

O.K. so he went against one tackle that's projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder...and Otah...who ran a 5.50 40 at the combine. You do realize that his team played against 8 teams with a losing record.

Like I wrote...if you really look closely...he had a great last year...but before that he was nothing but average.

Otah held him to 3 assists all day. No pressures, no sacks.

Otah held him to 3 assists all day. No pressures, no sacks.

Boomer...can you find me another high rated Tackle in this draft or next years draft...that he played against? I just haven't seen one. Otah most likely will go first round...but I doubt he'll be a top 10 pick..right?

I'm not against C. Long...but you have to look hard at all players. When a player goes from 4.5 sacks in his junior season to 14 in his senior season...is it him...or the lack of competition he faced.

O.K. so he went against one tackle that's projected to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder...and Otah...who ran a 5.50 40 at the combine. You do realize that his team played against 8 teams with a losing record.

Like I wrote...if you really look closely...he had a great last year...but before that he was nothing but average.

This is the absolute last time I'll ever tell you this, but 40 time doesn't mean a freaking thing when considering an offensive lineman.

This is the absolute last time I'll ever tell you this, but 40 time doesn't mean a freaking thing when considering an offensive lineman.

Ahmmm...it tells you his 10 yd time isn't worth a hoot 1.90 and his 20 yd at 3.10...thats how you get the times...by running the 40. He sprained his ankle...so he couldn't do the 3 cone...and his verticle was 22 1/2 inches...not very good. J. Long's 10 yd was 1.76...20 yd...2.97...3 cone was 7.44 and Vert was 27 1/2 inches.

Back
Top Bottom