Calling Boomer and CK! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calling Boomer and CK!

I'm really starting to believe that Parcells will find enough trading partners to trade down

I hope your right, but I think the odds are 0.0000001 that we find a partner

unless that next Eli Manning or Lawrence Taylor was on the board, I wouldn't trade up

this draft has the "every player in the top N has a similar grade" smell to it

I was down on Jake Long, until I found out that he had long arms and big hands

I think they will serve him very well in the NFL.

the holes that Boomer observed seem like things that simply require coaching

Hmmm.

It's not quite as simple as that because they were seperated only by 2 picks and yet Thomas is a LT and Brown is a RT.

Just to clarify something, Brown is a RT protecting the blind side of his Left handed QB.

And for what its worth, I think Jake Long will make a fine LT in the NFL. comparing to others like Thomas is a bit unfair since he has only played one season. I tend to think Long will be a better LT than say, Matt Light or be as good as D'Brickashaw Ferguson (who has not exactly been lights out but good just the same). An argument can be made all day long about him being drafted too high, but thats the problem with the draft, your competing with who is being drafted now, not who was drafted two years ago, so you have to take whats given.

Is it too high to take Jake at #1? Sure, but the same could be said for anyone else. Mcfadden you say? He is a RB, and we all know what happens to RB's longevity in the NFL. So pick your poison.

Boomer, in your post talking about Long not staying on his blocks long enough or him getting out to fast, to me seems very correctable. Am i wrong or is it the fact that it continued to happen the problem?

The fact that it continued to happen.

Just to clarify something, Brown is a RT protecting the blind side of his Left handed QB..

2 things.

Last time I checked, Kurt Warner is right handed. Warner of course, who started the final 11 and a half games. I don't recall Arizona moving Brown to the left side. And secondly, when facing a lefty, teams rarely go mano y mano and move the right end to the left side all day.

So your point isn't actually a true reflection of fact.

Boomer you have way too much time on your hands lol

until someone actually talks to Parcells we have no clue who Miami will pick. It doesnt matter what the "experts" on ESPN say, its all about what the coaches think.

Great post Boomer!! After reading something like that I might have $36 leaving my wallet soon. :D Oh yea, I say draft Jake Long!! He would make our line something to deal with for a long time. They are all pretty young...with Carey and Smiley having the most experience. I'm basing this on D. Morrimno (how ever you spell his name) is starting at LG.

:ricky:

We see that now with Carey...don't we? Every Tackle has flaws...none are perfect. That why they have the term "a sack"!

Sorry that classifies as excuse making. If it was close to Carey I would have said so. But this was flat out, owned, killed, slaughtered. Jake doesn't get more then one hand touching the guy as he blows buy. Reminded me too much of Wade Smith and I'm only talking this one game to. He easily could have been credited with 2-3 sacks had the QB not seen them coming right away. The stopwatch wouldn't have even gotten to 2.5...one one of them it would have been a 4 step sack. If Carey had been burned like that in one game I wouldn't be backing him up.

Moot argument anyways. Parcells has been involved with so many first round DE/LB hybrids I can't see him passing up Chris Long. Even though I'd love a Jake/Gosder combo 1&32 as I think it's correctable. However a lot of people are also right that you don't draft a LT #1 if your not absolutely sure about his pass blocking. I'd be happy with either Long but I can see the arguments for both sides.

Sorry that classifies as excuse making. If it was close to Carey I would have said so. But this was flat out, owned, killed, slaughtered. Jake doesn't get more then one hand touching the guy as he blows buy. Reminded me too much of Wade Smith and I'm only talking this one game to. He easily could have been credited with 2-3 sacks had the QB not seen them coming right away. The stopwatch wouldn't have even gotten to 2.5...one one of them it would have been a 4 step sack. If Carey had been burned like that in one game I wouldn't be backing him up.

Moot argument anyways. Parcells has been involved with so many first round DE/LB hybrids I can't see him passing up Chris Long. Even though I'd love a Jake/Gosder combo 1&32 as I think it's correctable. However a lot of people are also right that you don't draft a LT #1 if your not absolutely sure about his pass blocking. I'd be happy with either Long but I can see the arguments for both sides.

Hey it's all good...we have so many needs...it doesn't matter who the Dolphins select. I'm still believing that Parcells will get a few trade down offers...so the top few players we think he'll select won't really play into his thinking anyway. I'd just be as happy with Harvey and Albert...as I would be with just either one of the Long's.

Hopefully we will get some offers, but unfortunately the top six money is insane! Too much risk for guys with question marks. Probably better to stay out of the top 10.

I'm worried about the Jets, they seem to be putting together a running game and might make a move for McFadden next (all that $$$ OL work for Thomas Jones?). We can't let them become the next Minnesota, they're disgusting!

Hopefully we will get some offers, but unfortunately the top six money is insane! Too much risk for guys with question marks. Probably better to stay out of the top 10.

I'm worried about the Jets, they seem to be putting together a running game and might make a move for McFadden next (all that $$$ OL work for Thomas Jones?). We can't let them become the next Minnesota, they're disgusting!

Currently, at #6, they are going to offer a contract similar to that of Calvin Pace.. 6 years/40 million/20 guaranteed

They sit at $137 million dollars with a current salary cap limit of $116 million. Id love to know what they plan on doing. Even cutting Haynesworth only takes off roughly 8 million..

If they moved up to 3/4 to grab Run DMC, They have some serious cap movement to do.

Back
Top Bottom