Calm Down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calm Down

This logic is flawed... You're implying these players pick themselves and all end up in the same situation. This is not the case. Reality is GMs make mistakes and the way things are set up, bad teams get to pick 1st.

I dont think Im being way off making the basic assumption that teams who get to pick first have some flaws in the FO, CS and roster overall. In other words, the fact so many early picks bust is not a reflection of the value of draft picks, it just showcases how much bad teams make terrible decisions with them on top of having those selections playing on bad teams.

Saying its all a gamble anyway is such a lazy cop out IMO...
You inadvertently just pointed out the flaw in your own logic.

Without a competent staff, and team around him, a great QB is likely going to fail.

Conversely a merely good QB, in a good situation has a very good chance to succeed.

The problem is, some posters want everything immediately. That's not realistically likely to happen.

First of all. I have to agree with the posters that have pointed out this staff is doing a hell of a job with this team. Second of all, not having the best pick possible does suck. But do not panic about QB. As some posters have pointed out, QB and all other players drafted are a grab bag/gamble. Going on rating, (not a fan of QBR)...only 2 QB's in the top 19 were drafted before pick 10. The bottom 14 have 10 QB's drafted before pick 10! Relax, enjoy the ride, and let this staff do it's thing. The reason I even started liking this team as a child was because of Marino (pick 27), Clayton (pick 223), and Duper (pick 52). The important thing is, that this staff has this very underwhelming collection of talent believing and playing very well.
We got a massive ROI on Clayton’s draft position. Dang.

You inadvertently just pointed out the flaw in your own logic.

Without a competent staff, and team around him, a great QB is likely going to fail.

Conversely a merely good QB, in a good situation has a very good chance to succeed.

The problem is, some posters want everything immediately. That's not realistically likely to happen.
Not at all, my logic is draft position matters, I dont give a **** about who you want with that 1st pick, its all opinion... My logic is the ability to pick 1st is all thats left to gain from this season...

You're trying to make it about a particular player. This is not my stance, Im saying tank for the 1st overall pick, and use the advange that comes with it.

This logic is flawed... You're implying these players pick themselves and all end up in the same situation. This is not the case. Reality is GMs make mistakes and the way things are set up, bad teams get to pick 1st.

I dont think Im being way off making the basic assumption that teams who get to pick first have some flaws in the FO, CS and roster overall. In other words, the fact so many early picks bust is not a reflection of the value of draft picks, it just showcases how much bad teams make terrible decisions with them on top of having those selections playing on bad teams.

Saying its all a gamble anyway is such a lazy cop out IMO...
One team that backs up your point is Cleveland. They’ve had oodles of great picks for years and still suck.

Not at all the only thing to gain. A lot of the players on this roster are going to be around for a few years. Building culture and respect matters a hell of a lot! ^This. The Patties and Ravens get that!

Not at all, my logic is draft position matters, I dont give a **** about who you want with that 1st pick, its all opinion... My logic is the ability to pick 1st is all thats left to gain from this season...

You're trying to make it about a particular player. This is not my stance, Im saying tank for the 1st overall pick, and use the advange that comes with it.

Your previous posts would indicate that statement is untrue.

You're absolutely right. What we are seeing in this league is rookie QBs drafted to bad teams and imploding. Then you have guys like Fitzpatrick who has been in the league long enough to understand the game and somehow winning with this squad.

You have to have a solid team around a young QB if you want to have that QB become the franchise guy. The Seahawks, Cowboys, and Chiefs have figured this out. Hell, the Rams made the Super Bowl with Goff. If you dont do that you're just setting the kid up to fail.

I'm totally down with BPA all 2020 draft and riding with Fitz or even Rosen (if he progresses in the offseason) then going all in on QB either as a FA or draft pick in 2021. By then the money and picks couples with coaching should be a decent squad to build around.

Your previous posts would indicate that statement is untrue.
Oh dont get me wrong, I want the QB... But thats an opinion, which I dont even think I mentionned in this particular thread...

What irks me is when people start devaluing draft picks stating its all a gamble... That doesnt make any sense, and can easily proved with tangible evidence...

Oh dont get me wrong, I want the QB... But thats an opinion, which I dont even think I mentionned in this particular thread...

What irks me is when people start devaluing draft picks stating its all a gamble... That doesnt make any sense, and can easily proved with tangible evidence...
It is all a gamble.

Don't misunderstand me. Yes, the lower the pick, the worse the odds, I get it, but it's still a gamble, and from a GMs perspective, who's *** is on the line, it isn't a good idea to put all his eggs in one basket.

That's why I'm not an advocate of using stupid amounts of draft capital to move up.

You're absolutely right. What we are seeing in this league is rookie QBs drafted to bad teams and imploding. Then you have guys like Fitzpatrick who has been in the league long enough to understand the game and somehow winning with this squad.

You have to have a solid team around a young QB if you want to have that QB become the franchise guy. The Seahawks, Cowboys, and Chiefs have figured this out. Hell, the Rams made the Super Bowl with Goff. If you dont do that you're just setting the kid up to fail.

I'm totally down with BPA all 2020 draft and riding with Fitz or even Rosen (if he progresses in the offseason) then going all in on QB either as a FA or draft pick in 2021. By then the money and picks couples with coaching should be a decent squad to build around.

Haha so we can be in position to take the 3rd or 4th QB in a worse class. That makes sense. Build the team up and hope a QB falls. Sound strategy. Or just lose the rest of the games when you are sitting at 0-7 and get the best QB prospect since Luck. Could have been easy but now we have to have Grier make a decision on a QB now. What can go wrong.

No team goes far without a good QB.

Unless we plan on trading a 2nd for Minshew or Kyle Allen, we need to be careful.

Luckily there are 4 qbs in this draft with top potential.

Not to sound picky, but 'FEW teams go far without a good QB.'

I'm not sure that I'd EVER trade up if I were the GM. More picks mean more chances, and 'generational talents' rarely are.

To be honest, the last two generational talents that I remember were Randy Moss and Tony Gonzales... now those two really were head and shoulders above anyone else.

from a GMs perspective, who's *** is on the line, it isn't a good idea to put all his eggs in one basket.
What does that have to do with anything? Getting the 1st overall doesnt strip them any picks?

Back
Top Bottom