Cam Newton? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton?

Always been a big fan, but not sure he fits this offense with his biggest issues being with his accuracy. His health is also a huge red flag, and he'll be 31 when next season starts. Not worth the risk for a team that has to get it right at QB this time, IMO.
That's my initial reaction as well. A few years ago, I thought he was among the top five or so quarterbacks in the league. Injuries appear to have taken a heavy toll.

I guess it would come down to what Carolina wanted in a trade and results of a physical, but I'd prefer to get a quarterback in the draft.

A healthy Cam is fun to watch, but I don't think we'll ever see that guy again. I know most of their fans in NC think he's done.

I also have real trouble with his 'business decision" on that loose ball in the frickin SUPER BOWL.

Would rather sign Teddy Bridgewater. Cam is damaged goods after all those hits.

This 100%. Teddy could be a good option for us if we're not confident we can get the QB we want in this draft.

Not that im a cam newton fan our anything but. Id think he would b an upgrade over the 2. And hes only 30 so not sure wheres the stop gap. Id take a flyer though. My thing with cam is his playing style..can he hold up

Cam had one excellent season that was a statistical anomaly when you look at the rest of his career. He will be 31 next year coming off a major foot injury that cost him 14 games this year. Since his MVP season he has missed time each year due to multiple different injuries. The fact that he might lose his job to Kyle Allen next year is all you really need to know about his current value. Carolina would need to trade us a 2nd or 3rd just to eat his salary hit if they don’t want to cut him (for me to have any interest in acquiring him).

Cam reminds me too much Daunte Culpepper. Don't want to go down that road again.

Cam reminds me too much Daunte Culpepper. Don't want to go down that road again.
Very good comparison. But I think cam has way more left than when the pep ended up in miami

Dude's a wingnut :lol:

Seriously couldn't handle his personality(ies) in Miami … another tuned in to radio station WIIFM …. (What's In It For Me) besides the loss of skill level over the last couple years not to mention the nagging injuries he loves him some him … IMO

So the Fins strip the team down and plan to rebuild through the draft rather than high priced free agents.

The author wants us to abandon the rebuild plan before it even starts.

C'mon Man!

Everyone on Finheaven said no?! Then I know what we must do. We need to sign Cam Newton immediately!!! I am just playing the odds here people... you guys are always wrong.
:lmfao:

I would definitely sign Cam Newton to a team friendly contract and draft Tua, Burrow, Fromm, Herbert, or Hurts behind him and keep Rosen as third string.

Cam Newton cheap is a high upside signing even if he isnt the same as before and dresses like an old black woman picking up her children at their school.

Last edited:
All that being used as a lead ball carrier on power has caught up with cam.

like I’m not even joking they used him as a lead battering ram for years by design and that just scrapes shelf life. Even on guys who are built like prototype tight ends frame wise.

Healthy, slightly above average accurate Newton yes. Injured can’t hit the broad side of a barn inconsistent Newton? No.

Back
Top Bottom