Cameron Wake as pass rusher having epic camp | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron Wake as pass rusher having epic camp

Why do you guys have to put some negative twist on such a possible thread, when we know Wake would rip off Clady's messed up leg and bang him on the head with it.

Jake Long struggles with speed. no secret here. the Ryan Clady crowd is lookin better right about now..............
Clady is awful and might be the most overrated NFL player (even more than Sanchez). More sacks, hits and pressures than Long and worse run blocking.

Just because he gave up no sacks 2 years ago doesn't mean he was a good pass blocker. I'll take 2 sacks with less pressures over no sacks and 37 pressures (Cutler must a sack avoiding god) and I'll definitely take 2 sacks over 8.

See I just rewatched CK's video on Wake a few minutes ago and I only counted two or three times Wake made an inside move that did anything, and all were bull rushes where he shed the QB to make a play inside. None were what I could call an inside counter, where he's reading the leverage of the tackle, plants his foot and redirects inside with a rip or a swim move. As for his spins, well he only tried it a few times when he was in trouble or double teamed, and none looked graceful to me. Some looked downright ponderous.

i was referring to the preseason reps when i saw wake redirect inside and spin move...but i want to say off the top of my head i saw him redirect inside on a pressure in the bills game where he went off...

and before anyone says the preseason....yada yada yada...it was very evident last year in the preseason when i keyed him that this was no one trick pony as a pass rusher...

the other thing that i would like to see from wake is when he uses that explosive first step getoff and quickness on the outside rush and has gained the corner on a tackle that he would use his inside arm to chop the tackles inside arm down...too many times it looked to me like guys horse collared him with that last ditch arm effort where if he had chopped that arm he's beelining for the qb with all the leverage and momentum...

nfl_g_wake_300-1.jpg

to me this picture illustrates ankle flexion...some guys got it a lot of guys don't...look how low his lower leg is with his foot planted in the ground...i think this in addition to his power and strength is a big reason wake is able to maintain balance and leverage while getting so low...tackles have a really hard time redirecting him when he gets this low and it's eye popping how he can explode out of it despite being engaged and still be on track...

^

Damn, never noticed that. In fact, never noticed anything in the pic other than him smiling his *** off ready to kill Freeman. :lol:

i was referring to the preseason reps when i saw wake redirect inside and spin move...but i want to say off the top of my head i saw him redirect inside on a pressure in the bills game where he went off...

and before anyone says the preseason....yada yada yada...it was very evident last year in the preseason when i keyed him that this was no one trick pony as a pass rusher...

Ah, okay. I wasn't keying on that in preseason so I don't remember it at all. I trust your judgement though. Either way it's not something he seems to have a lot of confidence in or at least didn't during the regular season. He goes to the outside speed rush I'd wager better than 75% of the time.

That play you're talking about against the Bills is in CK's video. But again, it comes off of a bull rush. Not that that means it didn't happen, or that a bull rush isn't a great technique to have (and this particular play, being a one-armed forklift of a bull rush, is really something to see). It's just slower than a typical inside counter (at least, the way I'm defining it) would be, and less disruptive.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe all you need to be a top pass rusher is a big time outside move and a bull rush and that's it. But this guy has so much talent it'd be a shame for him to leave those other moves off the table if he has the ability to execute them.

I don't ever recall Wake being so bad against the run, does anyone have any examples of Wake totally failing against the run? From what I have seen of him I thought he played the run well and did a good job on retracing.

If Jason Taylor thinks this guy is going to make us forget about him then I think he is about to have a breakout MVP type season. Time shall tell.

Does the Jets punter count? Now before everyone gets their panties in a bunch I like Wake and am pumped about him this season, but the Jets punter did break his ankles!

Ah, okay. I wasn't keying on that in preseason so I don't remember it at all. I trust your judgement though. Either way it's not something he seems to have a lot of confidence in or at least didn't during the regular season. He goes to the outside speed rush I'd wager better than 75% of the time.

That play you're talking about against the Bills is in CK's video. But again, it comes off of a bull rush. Not that that means it didn't happen, or that a bull rush isn't a great technique to have (and this particular play, being a one-armed forklift of a bull rush, is really something to see). It's just slower than a typical inside counter (at least, the way I'm defining it) would be, and less disruptive.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe all you need to be a top pass rusher is a big time outside move and a bull rush and that's it. But this guy has so much talent it'd be a shame for him to leave those other moves off the table if he has the ability to execute them.

dude...i wish i could get you video of the spin move i saw...it was almost not quite dwight freeney like...not kidding

he took a step outside got the tackle to overcommit and reach who he had beaten with the speed rush repeatedly and now the tackle was cheating and spun inside and to the qb...smooth as butter

tackle flailing at air...

but yeah i agree we saw mostly outside speed rush...i just don't think he trusted that he could get there with consistency any other way...and the way they were limiting his snaps he needed to go with his go to move probably to keep him on the field...

this year things should be different...i hope

Does the Jets punter count? Now before everyone gets their panties in a bunch I like Wake and am pumped about him this season, but the Jets punter did break his ankles!

Ah. I remember that. It sucked. Not making up an excuse for that, but I can almost bet Wake was thinking "A punter is in front of me with the football, I'm going to ****ing destroy him." As a result.. he forgot his fundamentals and got shook bad. It's happened to me twice. Both with slow white dudes. (No racist)

but there's no doubt if he's gonna match up with left tackles on the regular and have success he's gonna have to show more pass rush moves...i'm very confident that with the increased snaps played this year we're gonna see a variety of pass rush skills...

that's why i've been saying if this kid isn't on the field all the time we are making a massive mistake...

Ah. I remember that. It sucked. Not making up an excuse for that, but I can almost bet Wake was thinking "A punter is in front of me with the football, I'm going to ****ing destroy him." As a result.. he forgot his fundamentals and got shook bad. It's happened to me twice. Both with slow white dudes. (No racist)

That's not racist calling us slow white honky's or crackers would be racist ;-)

ha ha...i saw that...i thought he was gonna kill that punter...and i think he got a little ****y and was shook bad...lol

i wanna say the punter gave him a little inside outside stutter step and shoulder fake or outside inside stutter step and shoulder fake and wake almost if he didn't actually fell down...

Back
Top Bottom