Cameron Wake as pass rusher having epic camp | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron Wake as pass rusher having epic camp

Apparently Jake Long made a point in an interview today to compare Wake with Freeney. Specifically for how low he stays to the ground but also because he's developed a new spin move. This via Mike Berardino on Twitter. Woot!

You don't know that he was NOT fined. Players are fined all the time and we never hear about it. Joey Porter once revealed that he had a pay a fine for something uniform related, nobody knew about it until he said something. The team doesn't announce when it fines someone. And just because a guy wasn't benched for an entire game doesn't mean he wasn't handed discipline or benched at times during the game.

Well neither of us know but the coach basicaly got punked on the field at the time in quite a public way.

In the reps Wake received last season, per snap, he was a top-5 pass rusher. You can argue that he won't be able to sustain that pace with more reps, but that's really the only thing you can argue.

To my eyes, Wake is a much more explosive pass rusher than Suggs.

Wake could get to the quarterback carrying jenkins & wilfork under each arm and pat white riding piggy back. Dude is that beastly.

i do agree with dlockz about the porter debacle. that is a stain on the trifecta red carpet. at least pasq & joey the mouth were sent packing, eventually.

In the reps Wake received last season, per snap, he was a top-5 pass rusher. You can argue that he won't be able to sustain that pace with more reps, but that's really the only thing you can argue.

To my eyes, Wake is a much more explosive pass rusher than Suggs.

No true arguement there I just kind of pulled suggs out of air but again you cannot use such a small sample to say he is a top 5 guy. if he produces like that this year then of course u can.

so let me get this right you are going to use a very limited sample that resulted in 5.5 sacks to make a judgment that very few pass rushers are better than Wake. And even if thats true what happens when we face these guys possibly if he is having trouble like was speculated. but back to the limited sample. This means that Tashard Choice is one of the best backs in the league because he averaged 5.5 a carry and Mike Wallace and Massaquoi are elite receivers because they averaged over 18 a reception,

I never said anything about elite or being the best. I said he got a sack/pressure/hit more "often" than just about every other player in the league. You can dismiss it all you want being you clearly have something against the guy. For whatever reason, I don't know and don't care. Tashard Choice has 65 carries last year. Nearly a third of his yards came on two carries. He looked good some of the time, but for the most part, no. Cam Wake was beating his man to the QB constantly. As for Wallace and Massaquoi, 36 and 34 catches. Having such a high YPR doesn't make them great WR's, it does make them out to be pretty good deep threats, which Mike Wallace most certainly is.

I said it a while back and I will say it again, just as Sparano has hinted about Nolan and the defense....there will be alot more 4 DL than people think and that is so Wake can reak havoc on QB's along with the quickness of Odrick and Starks with Misi being the fourth DL as a rusher. So essentially, we are looking for 4 rushers from all angles and rest in coverage or blitzing.

Cameron Wake will have a great year now that he is starting and getting more reps. As for Long, he needs to work on his foot work more....seems like he has trouble with speed rushers.

No doubt... Long is a beast but definately will need help containing speed rushers. Just a tiny hit by a te or rb to give him enough time to get his paws on....cause once that happens, yerrrrrrr dun!

I never said anything about elite or being the best. I said he got a sack/pressure/hit more "often" than just about every other player in the league. You can dismiss it all you want being you clearly have something against the guy. For whatever reason, I don't know and don't care. Tashard Choice has 65 carries last year. Nearly a third of his yards came on two carries. He looked good some of the time, but for the most part, no. Cam Wake was beating his man to the QB constantly. As for Wallace and Massaquoi, 36 and 34 catches. Having such a high YPR doesn't make them great WR's, it does make them out to be pretty good deep threats, which Mike Wallace most certainly is.

I swear some on this board act like people hate a player just because we dont agree. Hell I hope Wake leads the league in sacks. it is not more important to be right for me. I guess though since Wake got half of his sacks in week 4 versus Buffalo the same doesnt apply as choice.

I swear some on this board act like people hate a player just because we dont agree. Hell I hope Wake leads the league in sacks. it is not more important to be right for me. I guess though since Wake got half of his sacks in week 4 versus Buffalo the same doesnt apply as choice.

C'mon lockz... Miami has "clearly the best left tackle in the league"... "hands down the best fullback in the league"... "top 5 WR unit"... "the best depth along the interior offensive line in the league"... "the best defensive coordinator in the league".. "the second coming of Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain at cornerback".... "the best group of running backs in the AFC East".... "a pass rusher from the CFL that's going to make everyone forget about Jason Taylor".... "a quarterback who's going to be better than Dan Marino".... "the most depth at the QB position in the league"...

...future HOF inductees Jared Odrick and A.J. Edds.... Bill Parcells.... the "quickly becoming one of the best GM's in the league in Jeff Ireland"... almost half the head coach they had last year (literally).... and last but certainly not least.... they have Pat White...

There's no reason why this team shouldn't be undefeated by the time January rolls around as they breeze on through the playoffs and stomp whatever hapless scraps the NFC dares throw out there to sacrifice..

For whatever it's worth, I'm watching Sunday's press conference and Tony Sparano just literally talked about Cameron Wake in the same breath as Jake Long and Brandon Marshall.

Let me transcribe:

On the value of having the corners go up against a guy like Brandon Marshall every day...
I think it can benefit you very much. When you have that ability to go up against, with Sean Smith and Vontae, to get out here in some of these drills and play against Brandon, I think that helps tremendously. I mentioned this yesteray: you don't see these big receivers that have the skills the way a Brandon does or a Randy Moss does or these type of players, it's hard to practice against those kind of guys. So, when you have one out here and you can get this kind of work, it makes you feel a little bit more confident in what you're doing. For Jared, to play out here against Jake Long everyday- same thing Cameron Wake is going through right now, playing against Jake Long every day. And, Jake getting to block a guy like Cameron. This makes us a little bit better each and every day. I think when you get to the game and you're playing against whoever that left tackle is, you're going to feel like you played against a pretty darn good one in practice.

If you watch it, it's pretty clear. He's saying that yes it's a huge asset to have a guy like Brandon Marshall schooling the corners in practice every day, just like it's a huge asset to have a guy like Jake Long schooling Jared Odrick and Cameron Wake every day, but also an asset to have a guy like Cameron Wake schooling Jake Long every day.

So..... the head coach has just implied that basically adding more talented players makes you a better football team....

**Noted**

No, the head coach just implied that Cameron Wake is the kind of rare talent that is an asset for other players to go up against in practice that Jake Long and Brandon Marshall are.

I didn't imply that, he did. Don't shoot the messenger. I don't agree with him.

Back
Top Bottom