Cameron Wake as pass rusher having epic camp | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron Wake as pass rusher having epic camp

C'mon lockz... Miami has "clearly the best left tackle in the league"... "hands down the best fullback in the league"... "top 5 WR unit"... "the best depth along the interior offensive line in the league"... "the best defensive coordinator in the league".. "the second coming of Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain at cornerback".... "the best group of running backs in the AFC East".... "a pass rusher from the CFL that's going to make everyone forget about Jason Taylor".... "a quarterback who's going to be better than Dan Marino".... "the most depth at the QB position in the league"...

...future HOF inductees Jared Odrick and A.J. Edds.... Bill Parcells.... the "quickly becoming one of the best GM's in the league in Jeff Ireland"... almost half the head coach they had last year (literally).... and last but certainly not least.... they have Pat White...

There's no reason why this team shouldn't be undefeated by the time January rolls around as they breeze on through the playoffs and stomp whatever hapless scraps the NFC dares throw out there to sacrifice..
if ireland had also gotten one of the primo free safeties i'd agree with that. i dunno how u get much better than polite at fb. henne to marshall/hartline could be lethal, seriously. we've been doing it with smoke & mirrors for so long i'm trying to picture in my mind what having a passing threat looks like. wake will make the pro bowl, there i said it.
No, the head coach just implied that Cameron Wake is the kind of rare talent that is an asset for other players to go up against in practice that Jake Long and Brandon Marshall are.

I didn't imply that, he did. Don't shoot the messenger. I don't agree with him.
you don't think Wake helps get Long ready for the Freeneys and Abrahams?

No, the head coach just implied that Cameron Wake is the kind of rare talent that is an asset for other players to go up against in practice that Jake Long and Brandon Marshall are.

I didn't imply that, he did. Don't shoot the messenger. I don't agree with him.

Which is basically saying that having more talented players tends to make you a better football team.... that's what I got from it anyway...

I don't agree with him either in theory... It doesn't neccessarily make the other players better... all it does is make you more familiar with exactly where your teams weaknesses are... or exploit/exaggerate specific weaknesses in specific players...

Brandon Marshall can't make Sean Smith a better cornerback.... only Sean Smith can make Sean Smith a better cornerback... and so on and so forth...

Ginnger could've went up against Mel Blount and Deion Sanders every day in practice and it still wasn't going to matter...

C'mon lockz... Miami has "clearly the best left tackle in the league"... "hands down the best fullback in the league"... "top 5 WR unit"... "the best depth along the interior offensive line in the league"... "the best defensive coordinator in the league".. "the second coming of Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain at cornerback".... "the best group of running backs in the AFC East".... "a pass rusher from the CFL that's going to make everyone forget about Jason Taylor".... "a quarterback who's going to be better than Dan Marino".... "the most depth at the QB position in the league"...

...future HOF inductees Jared Odrick and A.J. Edds.... Bill Parcells.... the "quickly becoming one of the best GM's in the league in Jeff Ireland"... almost half the head coach they had last year (literally).... and last but certainly not least.... they have Pat White...

There's no reason why this team shouldn't be undefeated by the time January rolls around as they breeze on through the playoffs and stomp whatever hapless scraps the NFC dares throw out there to sacrifice..

Best or second best tackle in the league behind Joe Thomas. Of course you have an obsession with Clady though, and that's fine, he's a very good tackle, but obviously not on the level of Thomas or Long based on tape and by the numbers. If not the best, the second best behind McClain. You wouldn't put him over McClain being an Alabama homer, but would you disagree he was the second best FB in the NFL last year? I would surely hope not. A few people have said top 5. The majority doesn't feel that way though. Best depth along the interior line? Sounds quite accurate to me. Berger and Garner both started games last year due to injuries, and looked damn good doing so. Donald Thomas is a good player, and I'm a big fan of John Jerry, and Incognito is a very good guard when he's not getting personal fouls. Procter offers solid depth. And Grove is one of the best Centers in the NFL when healthy. Looks like a top 5 interior line unit to me. I actually haven't heard anybody on this board say Nolan is the best defensive coordinator in the league. He's a pretty good one though. I have heard that Sam Madison/Pat Surtain comment a lot. I don't agree with it, but Davis and Smith have a lot of potential. This is the best RB group in the AFC East. Those were Jason Taylor's words not ours. And of course off the game tape and the numbers, he's exactly right. Him and Porter weren't 1/10 the pass rusher Wake was last year. Nobody on this board said that about Henne. I can't think of too many teams with as good depth at QB than us. Pennington is good for Henne, and a good backup to have. Thigpen was a decent starter in KC.

Nobody on this board called Jared Odrick or Edds a future HOF inductee. But it's been said plenty of times that Odrick is very talented, and A.J. Edds is very good in coverage. Of course they would be absolutely correct. Bill Parcells, what about him? One of the best football minds in NFL history and doing a great job with a team that completely devoid of talent 3 seasons ago. That's true about Ireland. Incredible what he's been able to do with this team. God was the talent level here just 3 seasons ago arguably the worst I've ever seen on an NFL team. Not following the Sparano statement actually. Weight joke? Not sure. Pat White is probably the most hated player by the fans now that Ted Ginn is gone. Either him or Crowder.

Nobody has ever stated that. But I see no reason this team isn't a playoff team.

That was too easy. Continue on with your foolishness as you were.

I swear some on this board act like people hate a player just because we dont agree. Hell I hope Wake leads the league in sacks. it is not more important to be right for me. I guess though since Wake got half of his sacks in week 4 versus Buffalo the same doesnt apply as choice.

OK pressure doesn't always amount to sacks - when he saw action Wake caused a lot of QBs to step up early

No of course not it means Cameron Wake is the only pass rusher in the NFL who can give Long trouble. See I can make just as ignorant a statement.

Your statements throughout this thread topic are all teetering as ignorant

Best or second best tackle in the league behind Joe Thomas. Of course you have an obsession with Clady though, and that's fine, he's a very good tackle, but obviously not on the level of Thomas or Long based on tape and by the numbers. If not the best, the second best behind McClain. You wouldn't put him over McClain being an Alabama homer, but would you disagree he was the second best FB in the NFL last year? I would surely hope not. A few people have said top 5. The majority doesn't feel that way though. Best depth along the interior line? Sounds quite accurate to me. Berger and Garner both started games last year due to injuries, and looked damn good doing so. Donald Thomas is a good player, and I'm a big fan of John Jerry. Procter offers solid depth. And Grove is one of the best Centers in the NFL when healthy. Looks like a top 3 interior line units to me. I actually haven't heard anybody on this board say Nolan is the best defensive coordinator in the league. He's a pretty good one though. I have heard that Sam Madison/Pat Surtain comment a lot. I don't agree with it, but Davis and Smith have a lot of potential. This is the best RB group in the AFC East. Those were Jason Taylor's words not ours. And of course off the game tape and the numbers, he's exactly right. Him and Porter weren't 1/10 the pass rusher Wake was last year. Nobody on this board said that about Henne. I can't think of too many teams with as good depth at QB than us. Pennington is good for Henne, and a good backup to have. Thigpen was a decent starter in KC.

Nobody on this board called Jared Odrick or Edds a future HOF inductee. But it's been said plenty of times that Odrick is very talented, and A.J. Edds is very good in coverage. Of course they would be absolutely correct. Bill Parcells, what about him? One of the best football minds in NFL history and doing a great job with a team that completely devoid of talent 3 seasons ago. That's true about Ireland. Incredible what he's been able to do with this team. God was the talent level here just 3 seasons ago arguably the worst I've ever seen on an NFL team. Not following the Sparano statement actually. Weight joke? Not sure. Pat White is probably the most hated player bu the fans now that Ted Ginn is gone. Either him or Crowder.

Nobody has ever stated that. But I see no reason this team isn't a playoff team.

Like I said... there's no reason why this team shouldn't be undefeated in January and breeze through the playoffs on their way to stomping whatever hapless scraps the NFC can muster up as competition for the Lombardi trophy...

Rebuttle?

Just stick to flip-flopping back and forth on players....it's the only thing you're any good at.... and let the grown folks talk football...

lol little harsh there TedSlimm, your list of grownups must be awfully small.

Best or second best tackle in the league behind Joe Thomas. Of course you have an obsession with Clady though, and that's fine, he's a very good tackle, but obviously not on the level of Thomas or Long based on tape and by the numbers. If not the best, the second best behind McClain. You wouldn't put him over McClain being an Alabama homer, but would you disagree he was the second best FB in the NFL last year? I would surely hope not. A few people have said top 5. The majority doesn't feel that way though. Best depth along the interior line? Sounds quite accurate to me. Berger and Garner both started games last year due to injuries, and looked damn good doing so. Donald Thomas is a good player, and I'm a big fan of John Jerry. Procter offers solid depth. And Grove is one of the best Centers in the NFL when healthy. Looks like a top 5 interior line unit to me. I actually haven't heard anybody on this board say Nolan is the best defensive coordinator in the league. He's a pretty good one though. I have heard that Sam Madison/Pat Surtain comment a lot. I don't agree with it, but Davis and Smith have a lot of potential. This is the best RB group in the AFC East. Those were Jason Taylor's words not ours. And of course off the game tape and the numbers, he's exactly right. Him and Porter weren't 1/10 the pass rusher Wake was last year. Nobody on this board said that about Henne. I can't think of too many teams with as good depth at QB than us. Pennington is good for Henne, and a good backup to have. Thigpen was a decent starter in KC.

Nobody on this board called Jared Odrick or Edds a future HOF inductee. But it's been said plenty of times that Odrick is very talented, and A.J. Edds is very good in coverage. Of course they would be absolutely correct. Bill Parcells, what about him? One of the best football minds in NFL history and doing a great job with a team that completely devoid of talent 3 seasons ago. That's true about Ireland. Incredible what he's been able to do with this team. God was the talent level here just 3 seasons ago arguably the worst I've ever seen on an NFL team. Not following the Sparano statement actually. Weight joke? Not sure. Pat White is probably the most hated player by the fans now that Ted Ginn is gone. Either him or Crowder.

Yes but when one's argument blows up in one's face one resorts to thread sabotage..., no worries Wake will have the numbers to back up the praise... and the excuses will come - it will be credit to Nolan and his coverages bla bla bla

JT said it himself the guy is dynamite

Like I said... there's no reason why this team shouldn't be undefeated in January and breeze through the playoffs on their way to stomping whatever hapless scraps the NFC can muster up as competition for the Lombardi trophy...

Rebuttle?

Just stick to flip-flopping back and forth on players....it's the only thing you're any good at.... and let the grown folks talk football...

Flip flopping on players. Please explain. Grown folks. Coming from you :rolleyes2: But feel free to continue to counter my arguments with childish BS rather than talking football as you suggest and explain why you disagree with my post.

Rebuttle?

You typically blast by now something about the football IQ of people you are arguing against something like .. that 90% of the posters have never broke both their collarbone on the field so they don't know what the heck they are talking about... What's wrong do you take a day off every other Sunday?

You typically blast by now something about the football IQ of people you are arguing against something like .. that 90% of the posters have never broke both their collarbone on the field so they don't know what the heck they are talking about... What's wrong do you take a day off every other Sunday?

In his little world he's Mel Kiper. Which is half true. He's every bit the pompous, condescending windbag that Kiper is.

Back
Top Bottom