Can Miami Surpass Buffalo? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Surpass Buffalo?

My feeling is that we have improved more over the season than the Bills and for that reason alone we have a very good chance of beating them.

I can't predict who will be on the field for that game in this crazy season, but that's the case with injuries (and pandemics), even in a more sane season.

Yep. Crazy, right?

Allen owns the Dolphins defense.

I mean Allen is very good and we have struggled against mobile QBs since as long as I've been a fan, but his numbers against us are far better than they are vs the rest of the league.
He's got better than a 5:1 TD to INT ratio against us while overall in his career he's no better than 2:1... He's basically been able to pad his stats against us and that should, like I said, really piss off our defense and motivate them in week 17... I'd hope it would anyway.

So a little context on the “Josh Allen” owns us take. I can’t and am not saying it’s not true but here is that context:

We beat him in the first meeting. He makes a better throw to Clay he’s undefeated against us though.

2nd meeting was against an Adam Gase, last game, dead man walking team. Hard to measure our motivation in that one.

2019 game one was a 3 point game. Bills made it a 10 point game by returning our onside kick for a TD.

Bottom line on 2019, cmon we weren’t good and knew it. So Allen owns a bad Dolphins team IMO. So did many other teams. Even Sam Darnold got a win against us.

2020 was all about Igbo, if he owns Jones and Howard in the finale I’m wrong here.

To me the jury is still out on Josh Allen owning this defense. If he torches is without Igbo giving up easy completions I’ll start a “Josh Allen” owns is thread. Not just a win with pedestrian numbers, he has to torch us.

I agree that in the first meeting this year we were hurt tremendously by the Jones injury and Igbo clearly wasn't ready for the big time against Diggs.
That being said, I still have no idea as to why we didn't adjust the defense through the game to do a better job of having X on Diggs or giving Igbo more safety/ double team help as opposed to just watching Igbo get absolutely smoked up and down the field all game.
We'll see what happens in week 17 if we don't suffer any more bad defensive injuries in the coming weeks. We should definitely fare a lot better with Jones out there instead of Igbo but damn man, overall Allen has absolutely killed us and it's awful. He's very good but we've made him look like Pat Mahomes in every match-up, and he certainly isn't that.

I agree that in the first meeting this year we were hurt tremendously by the Jones injury and Igbo clearly wasn't ready for the big time against Diggs.
That being said, I still have no idea as to why we didn't adjust the defense through the game to do a better job of having X on Diggs or giving Igbo more safety/ double team help as opposed to just watching Igbo get absolutely smoked up and down the field all game.
We'll see what happens in week 17 if we don't suffer any more bad defensive injuries in the coming weeks. We should definitely fare a lot better with Jones out there instead of Igbo but damn man, overall Allen has absolutely killed us and it's awful. He's very good but we've made him look like Pat Mahomes in every match-up, and he certainly isn't that.
You look at the season and Allen is up and down. He's always been on against Miami, but this Dolphins team was horrible last year and started poorly in 2020. He hasn't seen the team that's gone 7-1 during the last eight, beating five teams by 10 or more points during that span. I know every game is different and we are still looking a few weeks out.

They didn’t put X on Diggs because he was running at 85 to 90% top speed. He didn’t look right until after the Seattle game. The Niners game was the first time he started looking like the old X and it’s been getting better since then.

Can the Dolphins pass the Bills and win the division? Obviously they can win the division but I wouldn’t bet any money on it happening. I think right now the Bills are the better team and going into Buffalo and winning in January is going to be very difficult for the Dolphins.

I think it is also going to be hard for the Dolphins to go 3-0 against the Patriots, Chiefs, and Raiders. If they lose just one of those games and lose to the Bills in Buffalo, I don’t see them winning the division if they have 6 losses. Especially because the Bills will have beat them twice and I don’t see the Bills losing more than 6 games this year.

Of course as a Dolphin fan, I hope the Dolphins win all their remaining games and do end up as AFC East Champions.

See, a little positive thinking doesn't kill you and you certainly display the least positive thinking here (9 losses and 1 win). LOL
What was negative about what I said? I deemed it possible Miami could lose 4 out of 5. Do you dispute this?

W/o Preston Wilson or another great option at wide out I do not think we can win the division this yr, would love to sign Kenny Stills and have the Jets release Gore so we could sign him. Neither long term answers but could lead us into the playoffs

They didn’t put X on Diggs because he was running at 85 to 90% top speed. He didn’t look right until after the Seattle game. The Niners game was the first time he started looking like the old X and it’s been getting better since then.

Or is that just because he started facing crappier WR’s? lol.

He didn’t “look right” until he started facing teams with not-so-great WR’s.

Coincidence...?

Or is that just because he started facing crappier WR’s? lol.

He didn’t “look right” until he started facing teams with not-so-great WR’s.

Coincidence...?
You are a joker mate; Keenan Allen, Jerry Judy, Robert woods, Cooper kupp, Hopkins, to name a few.. have a word with yourself bringing that **** here or piss off back to the buffalo forum.

What was negative about what I said? I deemed it possible Miami could lose 4 out of 5. Do you dispute this?
I would definitely say that is "negative", unless I'm mistaken about the word's meaning.

This is one connotation.....

"(of a person, attitude, or situation) not desirable or optimistic." Synonyms include "pessimistic" and "defeatist".

Your proposal was neither desireable, nor optimistic. Would you not agree?

Back
Top Bottom