Can Miami Surpass Buffalo? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Surpass Buffalo?

The Patriots are going to have a hard time getting out of LA with out two more losses. It wouldn't surprise me the Joey bosa destroys Cam Newton, and then what does he get for the following week Aaron Donald. The Patriots beat Baltimore in a Monsoon, and we would have beat Arizona by 20 if Kyler Murray played that way against us.
I’m pretty sure NE will beat the Chargers Sunday. I hope not but that is a monumental coaching mismatch. The Chargers always look like stumble bums out there. It wouldn’t surprise me is NE was out gained by 150-200 yards and wins by 10+. Story of the 20 Chargers.

They know how to beat Jared Goff too. I’m not confident the Rams beat them but give them a better chance than the stumble bum Chargers.

The Patriots made Murray play that way with scheme.

I’m pretty sure NE will beat the Chargers Sunday. I hope not but that is a monumental coaching mismatch. The Chargers always look like stumble bums out there. It wouldn’t surprise me is NE was out gained by 150-200 yards and wins by 10+. Story of the 20 Chargers.

They know how to beat Jared Goff too. I’m not confident the Rams beat them but give them a better chance than the stumble bum Chargers.

The Patriots made Murray play that way with scheme.
I know it can go either way, but I truly feel that Cam Newton is that bad when you get pressure to him. And I think their wins of late they're living on borrowed time, but that could be me just hoping to.

They’re not as good. But they still have those good coaches that know how to scheme an opponent. They’re not asking Cam to throw it all over the place. They’re leaning on that good OL and backs to run the ball and take shots.

That OL and running game is why I think they beat us again. We simple don’t have the front 6 and specifically LBs to stop it.

Yeah we badly need a fat, run stuffing nose tackle in the middle of our defense so that Raekwon and Wilkins can flank on the outside in 5 techniques. Davis is a freakish 3-4 end prospect, he can play the nose but that's absolutely not where his talent is best suited. I love his versatility and the fact that he can move all along the D-line, and I know Flores and co. value that attribute in a D lineman, but if we can get the kid situated properly as a 34 end and then a nose in passing situations we can best exploit his ability to stop the run and rush the passer against more one on one blocks. Davis and Wilkins both have the ability to destroy 1 on 1s. We need to exploit that next year with a real NT in the middle and we can dominate the trenches on defense.

I know it can go either way, but I truly feel that Cam Newton is that bad when you get pressure to him. And I think their wins of late they're living on borrowed time, but that could be me just hoping to.
You and me both. NE is my least favorite team. I’ve watched them quite a bit, I live in NE. They labor on offense, no doubt but the manage to claw and scratch to stay in games and make it one possession. They’ve failed and succeeded from there.

I have no faith in the Chargers and it’s no knock on Herbert. I just think they’ll be severely out schemed and confused, like against us. That’s how they look the majority of the time I watch them.

That defense lost to the BRONCOS.

There are no bragging rights after that.

First, I haven't seen anyone bragging about the Fins, this is just a discussion regarding the Bills and Dolphins remaining schedules and if we have a realistic chance to take the division. Secondly, everyone here knows the defense didn't have their best game against Denver but that game was not lost because of the defense, they allowed 20 points on a day where the offense had about 100 total yards until the last couple drives. Holding any team to 20 points when your offense literally can't move the ball is not an easy thing to do. Third of all, you know what defense allowed 21 points to the Broncos? The Steelers, who are considered to be one of the top defenses in the league but they won because their offense scored 26 points while ours scored 13 but if you are going to discredit the Fins D for allowing 20 points to the Broncos then you also have to discredit the Steelers D for doing the same thing.

Last of all, in 2019 the Patriots won the superbowl in a year they went 12-4. Are you curious who the eventual superbowl champs lost to that year? 6-10 Jacksonville, 3-12-1 Detroit, 9-7 Titans and of course the 5-11 Dolphins.

But yeah losing one game to the Broncos automatically means the Fins have no chance of winning the division.....

The Bills are tough to figure out. Looking at the matchups on paper they could lose any one of these games, but there’s a remote possibility they could win out entirely. Losing Brown for the season is going to hurt them as defenses can focus more on Diggs without stretching their secondaries thin. The good defenses (SF, Pit, Denver on a good day, possibly NE) should be able to rattle Allen and keep minimize scoring drives. Pit should certainly be able to put up points against them, as could SF, and maybe Denver if they can run like they did on us. I don’t know if BB has enough magic to keep that offense generating points, but I wouldn’t put it out of the realm of possibilities.
I would say pulling out at least 2 wins before our showdown is likely, so we do have a chance to catch them.

Yeah we badly need a fat, run stuffing nose tackle in the middle of our defense so that Raekwon and Wilkins can flank on the outside in 5 techniques. Davis is a freakish 3-4 end prospect, he can play the nose but that's absolutely not where his talent is best suited. I love his versatility and the fact that he can move all along the D-line, and I know Flores and co. value that attribute in a D lineman, but if we can get the kid situated properly as a 34 end and then a nose in passing situations we can best exploit his ability to stop the run and rush the passer against more one on one blocks. Davis and Wilkins both have the ability to destroy 1 on 1s. We need to exploit that next year with a real NT in the middle and we can dominate the trenches on defense.

You’re absolutely right. But there’s only so much you accomplish in 1 offseason. For now, it’s what we have to play with at the moment.

That defense lost to the BRONCOS.

There are no bragging rights after that.
I mean I’m not saying the Dolphins are going to win the Super Bowl or even over take Buffalo. But this comment is foolish. Plenty of Super Bowl teams have lost to mediocre or even bad teams over the course of a season. Right off the top of my head the 04 patriots lost to the 4–12 04 Dolphins. One game doesn’t make the season and our defense had been consistently good more than it has been bad. Losing to Denver doesn’t prove anything other than we gave up a whopping 20 points to them because we couldn’t stop there runs to the right. Doesn’t mean we can’t stop anybody now or point out/brag (whatever you want to call it) about being a top 5 scoring defense.

The Bills are tough to figure out. Looking at the matchups on paper they could lose any one of these games, but there’s a remote possibility they could win out entirely. Losing Brown for the season is going to hurt them as defenses can focus more on Diggs without stretching their secondaries thin. The good defenses (SF, Pit, Denver on a good day, possibly NE) should be able to rattle Allen and keep minimize scoring drives. Pit should certainly be able to put up points against them, as could SF, and maybe Denver if they can run like they did on us. I don’t know if BB has enough magic to keep that offense generating points, but I wouldn’t put it out of the realm of possibilities.
I would say pulling out at least 2 wins before our showdown is likely, so we do have a chance to catch them.
They are very much like the panthers under rivera. They are consistent but not good or bad. They are very dependent on their schedule year to year. As evident by them beating the lesser opponents but struggling to beat the good ones every week.

That week 16 game against new England last year being a prime example. Its a quality team and a chance to take the division and they crumbled. The next week, we go in there with much less talent and win outright.

If I were a bills fan, I would need to see a playoff win this year. Getting to the playoffs is nice but if you keep tapping out against the leagues best, it means your average

We should prepare ourselves for that Buffalo game. I think Miami gets laughed out of that stadium.

We should prepare ourselves for that Buffalo game. I think Miami gets laughed out of that stadium.
That's always a possibility, but all of Miami's losses this year have been close. In the first matchup against Buffalo, it was 31-28 in a game where the Dolphins defense didn't play particularly well. Byron Jones didn't play that game either.

Jesus Christ. Those are really Allen's career numbers against us? That is ****ing pathetic. Abysmal. That should really piss off our defense heading into this week 17 game and motivate them to do a lot better... Cuz that's just flat out awful and inexcusable.

Yep. Crazy, right?

Allen owns the Dolphins defense.

That's always a possibility, but all of Miami's losses this year have been close. In the first matchup against Buffalo, it was 31-28 in a game where the Dolphins defense didn't play particularly well. Byron Jones didn't play that game either.

You keep saying that, without context.

Buffalo was up by 10 with less than a minute left.

It was not a 3 point game.

Fitz's garbage time TD with seconds remaining is what made it 3 points.

The Bills have played 7 or 8 possible playoff teams this year.

Dolphins, Rams, Raiders, Titans, Chiefs, Seahawks, Patriots, and Cardinals.

They're 5-3 in those games.

They'd be 6-2 if it wasn't for a fluke hail mary.

That's a darn good record against the upper half of the league's teams.

PS, they didn't lose Brown for the year. He's on the 3 game IR list. He already missed 1 game, so he only has to miss 2 more. He should be back by the time they play the Broncos, Pats, and Dolphins.

You keep saying that, without context.

Buffalo was up by 10 with less than a minute left.

It was not a 3 point game.

Fitz's garbage time TD with seconds remaining is what made it 3 points.
Cmon that was a close game. We were up by 3 early in the 4th than they retook they lead. That was all about picking on Igbo. He was an automatic completion. It will be interesting to see what it looks like without that. Not saying we’ll win but I don’t believe we have no shot.

Back
Top Bottom