Can Miami Surpass Buffalo? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Surpass Buffalo?

This site is funny, so many “Mr Reality’s” that fight harder to defend other teams then they do our team. Look, it’s gonna be tough but Flores teams have only 1 precedent, they get better as the season goes on. That’s all we have to go on, many folks are forgetting this. Also, I like the way we matchup with Buffalo. Their running game sucks and although Allen has owned us watch the last game it was all about automatic completions against Igbo. Whenever they needed a play Igbo gave it up. I’ve been curious to see what it looks like with Byron out there instead.

Every game is tough in the NFL, pointing it out is captain obvious yet folks insist on doing it. The Bills will have a tough time with the Pats, so will we. Saying the Bills will automatically win in Foxboro is premature.
X wasn’t at full speed yet either. He didn’t look like his old self tell after Seattle.

Forgot Buffalo, just win the game we need to win and we’ll be wildcard bound. Let’s focus on the playoffs not the Bills.

No.
Miami will be lucky to finish 9-7.
Have you looked at our RB and Receiving core?
Fitz clearly gives us the best chance to win but with our popgun arsenal we will struggle to score and KC's O and Bill's O is too strong to keep up with and with Patriots Gilmore taking out Parker we will be lucky to score 10 pts vs New England.
We're going to lose 3 out of the last 4 games and likely vs Raiders, too, cu, thry run the ball well.
Virtually everything you said is wrong.

9-7 would not be lucky. That's a win Sunday +1.

We already played the Jills close. That was before the defense was playing well. Have you seen their pedestrian point differential?

Parker made Gilmore his bitch for 4 quarters in the game up there last year.

Raiders are OK. Nothing special.

I do agree we don't have the firepower to match KC.

What's wild about that setup is if NE wins all of their remaining games which is certainly possible given their schedule

1) Chargers
2) Rams
3) Dophins
4) Bills
5) Jets

Then i believe they could still win the Division.

They'd finish 10-6.

Can’t see them beating the Rams or Bills.

The challenge is that the Dolphins lose ALL tiebreakers to the Bills and therefore must win the division outright.

Even if the Bills lose to the Dolphins and Patriots while the Dolphins defeat the Bills and Patriots, the Dolphins still would lose the common opponents tiebreaker to the Bills.

Assuming the Dolphins defeat the Bengals, they would have a 2-0 record against non-common opponents (Bengals and Jaguars) while the Bills have already lost to the Titans and may also lose to the Steelers.

The silver lining is that the Bills might rest their starters in Week 17 if the Dolphins are one game back, thus improving the Dolphins' Wild Card chances.

That’s in LA on a short week. Don’t see it happening. Granted NE probably stays in LA all week bc they’re at the Chargers this week but still.

I didn't think they'd beat Arizona or Baltimore. But they did! If i'm being more honest i think they beat us again too.

The remaining schedule for Buffalo:

Dec. 7, 2020 @ San Francisco 5-6
Dec 13, 2020 vs. Pittsburgh 11-0
Dec. 19, 2020 @ Denver 4-7
Dec. 28 2020 @ New England 5-6
Jan. 3, 2021 vs. Miami 7-4

Combined record of teams remaining: 32-23. The Bills have won four games by a touchdown or less...Miami 31-28, Rams 35-32, Raiders 30-23, New England 24-21. In addition, they beat the Jets 18-10. Ten point wins came against the Jets 27-17, Seattle 44-34, and the Chargers 27-17. They have not beaten a team by more than 10 points. They were blown out by Tennessee 42-16 and played close in a loss to Kansas City 26-17, with a two-point loss to Arizona (32-30).

The remaining schedule for Miami:

Dec. 6, 2020 vs. Cincinnati 2-8-1
Dec. 13, 2020 vs. Kansas City 10-1
Dec. 20, 2020 vs. New England 5-6
Dec. 26, 2020 @ Las Vegas 6-5
Jan. 3, 2020 @ Buffalo 8-3

Combined record for teams remaining: 31-23-1. Miami has beaten five opponents by 10 points or more...Jacksonville 31-13, San Francisco 43-17, Jets 24-0, Rams 28-17, Jets 20-3. They have lost to three teams by eight points or less...Buffalo 31-28, Seattle 31-23, and Denver 20-13.
Miami is in the Drivers seat that scares me from the last 20 years or so.
Beat Bengals, Pats, Raiders they are in.
Buffalo going to be tough on the road. Ya never know. They will probably win KC, Buffalo and lose to the rest:(

If the Patriots beat the Bills in their next meeting and the Dolphins beat both the Patriots and Bills, then and one then a tie would go to the third tie breaker.

I didn't think they'd beat Arizona or Baltimore. But they did! If i'm being more honest i think they beat us again too.
I’m not saying it’s impossible. The team is not as good as they’ve been the last 20 years and so if you can’t beat them, the playoffs should not be something you think about getting to.

This is the other thing.

It would most likely take beating Buffalo in Buffalo.

That means stopping Josh Allen.

Who owns lake front real estate in the Miami defense.

I’m talking mansion with 180 degree panoramic views.

Allen’s career against the Dolphins:

4-1
1,700 total yards
17 TD’s
3 INT

Jesus Christ. Those are really Allen's career numbers against us? That is ****ing pathetic. Abysmal. That should really piss off our defense heading into this week 17 game and motivate them to do a lot better... Cuz that's just flat out awful and inexcusable.

I’m not saying it’s impossible. The team is not as good as they’ve been the last 20 years and so if you can’t beat them, the playoffs should not be something you think about getting to.

They’re not as good. But they still have those good coaches that know how to scheme an opponent. They’re not asking Cam to throw it all over the place. They’re leaning on that good OL and backs to run the ball and take shots.

That OL and running game is why I think they beat us again. We simple don’t have the front 6 and specifically LBs to stop it.

They’re not as good. But they still have those good coaches that know how to scheme an opponent. They’re not asking Cam to throw it all over the place. They’re leaning on that good OL and backs to run the ball and take shots.

That OL and running game is why I think they beat us again. We simple don’t have the front 6 and specifically LBs to stop it.
The Patriots are going to have a hard time getting out of LA with out two more losses. It wouldn't surprise me the Joey bosa destroys Cam Newton, and then what does he get for the following week Aaron Donald. The Patriots beat Baltimore in a Monsoon, and we would have beat Arizona by 20 if Kyler Murray played that way against us.

Back
Top Bottom