Can Miami Surpass Buffalo? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami Surpass Buffalo?

I agree they’re not an unstoppable force. Not by any means. I’m just saying, Miami has no bragging rights after losing to a denver. That’s all.
I agree it was like somebody kicked my dog every day that entire week, it actually made my Thanksgiving experience not enjoyable. Lol. I personally do think if we would have had Jones earlier in the year there was a possibility we could have beat both Buffalo and Seattle. That loss is pretty looming when it comes to our chances winning the AFC East, hopefully Buffalo starts to lose like they did in December last year. I'm just glad we're able to talk about that this, in this stage of the season, it's refreshing.

They are a solid team, no question. But they are struggling every week to put teams away. Look at all those close wins.

This happens every year. Buffalo did make the post season last year, so they understand where they need to be in these last weeks.

Does Miami?

Thats why you play the games.

Nope.....if we go 4-1 then Buffalo would have to go 2-3.........if we go 3-2 then buffalo would have to go 1-4.......can't see that happening. The wildcard will be hard enough to come by, let alone the division.
I think Buffalo will lose at New England and vs Steelers, so if we win against them a 3-2 record as long as we win the New England game, could give us the division.

This site is funny, so many “Mr Reality’s” that fight harder to defend other teams then they do our team. Look, it’s gonna be tough but Flores teams have only 1 precedent, they get better as the season goes on. That’s all we have to go on, many folks are forgetting this. Also, I like the way we matchup with Buffalo. Their running game sucks and although Allen has owned us watch the last game it was all about automatic completions against Igbo. Whenever they needed a play Igbo gave it up. I’ve been curious to see what it looks like with Byron out there instead.

Every game is tough in the NFL, pointing it out is captain obvious yet folks insist on doing it. The Bills will have a tough time with the Pats, so will we. Saying the Bills will automatically win in Foxboro is premature.

I don’t think we should even consider who wins the division at this point. The Bills entered the season as the favorites and they will stay there baring a collapse. We need to focus on beating the Bengals Sunday. After that we need to split the final 4 games. If we can’t do that we aren’t making the playoffs regardless. Again, that is baring an epic Bills meltdown where they go 0-5 or 1-4 to end the season. Which realistically won’t happen.

I don’t think we should even consider who wins the division at this point. The Bills entered the season as the favorites and they will stay there baring a collapse. We need to focus on beating the Bengals Sunday. After that we need to split the final 4 games. If we can’t do that we aren’t making the playoffs regardless. Again, that is baring an epic Bills meltdown where they go 0-5 or 1-4 to end the season. Which realistically won’t happen.
Well, it happened to end last year's season including the playoff loss to Houston, they went 1-4 and they were 9-3 at the end of November.

It will take 10 wins to make the playoffs.
I dont see us having the horses to win more than 1 of that final 4.

The positive is that if Miami can survive that gauntlet, we will be dangerous.
Only a damn good team makes the playoffs from our position.

Well, it happened to end last year's season including the playoff loss to Houston, they went 1-4 and they were 9-3 at the end of November.
Even if Buffalo goes 1-4, we have to go 3-2 to win the division. Their 4-0 record in the division right now gives them the advantage if we tie. My point is we shouldn’t care about Buffalo. We have to win 3 games for a chance at the division or wild card spot.

It will take 10 wins to make the playoffs.
I dont see us having the horses to win more than 1 of that final 4.

The positive is that if Miami can survive that gauntlet, we will be dangerous.
Only a damn good team makes the playoffs from our position.

The good news is that's why they play the game.

This is the NFL. Teams aren't gonna win by 14 points every weekend. Im not gonna ask them for style points.
Definitely true. But still impressive that Miami has beaten five teams by more than 10 points.

You can look at Buffalo's wins and easily say they could be 5-6. Because of the way the Dolphins are winning, you can't say that.

NE won 6 darn Super Bowl’s by winning a bunch of 3 point games.
A win is a win. I was just pointing out that so many of those Buffalo games could have gone either way.

By the way, I do think the Bills are a more talented team than Miami, but the Dolphins have closed the gap considerably this year.

it's still mathematically possible, but i don't think we will. Buffalo is ahead in the developmental curve, they made the playoffs this year, they have a better record right now and are ahead in the tie-breakers, too.

Back
Top Bottom