Candidate Vote | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Candidate Vote

Candidate qualifications

• Defensive coordinator

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Belichick coaching tree has hope with Flores. I think Flores should learn from his mistakes in Miami and work with staff proven to build teams. Flores has the qualities to be the next Mike Tomlin. Except that Flores never had to inherit a staff so that doesn't always work well.

Belichick coaching tree has hope with Flores. I think Flores should learn from his mistakes in Miami and work with staff proven to build teams. Flores has the qualities to be the next Mike Tomlin. Except that Flores never had to inherit a staff so that doesn't always work well.
Tomlin, is an excellent game manager. Flores, is an atrocious game manager.

Literally the ONLY thing Tomlin and Flo have in common are the color of their skin and body type.

That’s it

I vote head coach with experience…have no preference between the other options.
That's where I'm at. Would prefer an experienced coach, who can bring talented assistants.

Would hate to see a big drop off from the defense. This unit was bad when it wasn't playing an ultra aggressive style.

Is there a candidate whose pretty balanced offense and defense?

I would think most would prefer a coach with experience and a proven track record but there aren’t many attractive options out there.

Pederson was out after 5 years which included a Super Bowl win for reasons that sound eerily similar to why Flo was fired.

Reportedly Pederson wanted to move forward with Hurts and ownership wanted Wentz. He also wanted to move Matt Burke from DL coach to Defensive Coordinator. If you recall the disaster Burke was here I might question Pederson’s sanity for that suggestion.

Harbaugh has a known history of wearing out his welcome and prior to this years success at Michigan he might have been fired there. He has been roundly criticized for not adapting to “todays” game. He also isn’t coming unless he has full control.

Caldwell doesn’t seem like a long term answer due to age and health concerns.

Literally the ONLY thing Tomlin and Flo have in common are the color of their skin and body type.

That’s it
I was thinking the same thing - they are pretty opposite - I have some big time Steeler fan friends that can't stand him right now because he is to much a player coach and doesn't hold them accountable enough - almost the opposite of the problem it appears Flo has.

People in here talking about retreads, then what would you call doing the same over and over again- going with an unknown? Nobody can say they haven't tried it, 4 times in recent history.
It seems to me that the FO wants to ensure control, or they want the next Mcvay or McDermott or some other Sean Mc...
Maybe the FO should investigate how those two became successful, and our picks have sucked.

Ross wants to win now, am I'm sure most true fans would like to see a solid winning team in the next two years.
I would also prefer a HC with previous experience. One that could build a very good offense by 2023 with using two 1st round picks to fill in any missing pieces. One that could fine tune the defense so it plays great at the start of the season instead of the last half. One who would work to retain key pieces on both sides of the ball. And one that would contribute to FA and draft acquisitions in a helpful and educated manner.
So who are the candidates in this small category? Harbaugh, Pederson, Quinn and Caldwell any others you can think of?

I have a hard time answering because I think there's oc's I'd rather have over retreads and vice versa.

I hope we go after Doug Peterson. We have solid defense, we need offensive mind. Pederson used to be backup qb for phins years ago and was winning qb for shulas all time wins record. Of course won superbowl in Philly. And was ocoord at greenbay and greenbay was great as usual. So he’d be a fan favorite instantly and has experience and a winning record and superbowl as HC.
Pederson is not without his baggage as well, Pissed a lot of Philly fans and players off. IMO not great at developing young QB's, Wentz still struggles. I am for experience HC with Offensive prowess

Dan Quinn and Doug Pederson are on top of my list.

Caldwell would be fine also.

Last edited:
Two scenarios where I wouldn't be mad:
1. Daboll if we keep Tua.

2. Peterson if we trade for Watson.

Back
Top Bottom