Candidate Vote | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Candidate Vote

Candidate qualifications

• Defensive coordinator

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting…so…you’re saying he got to a SUPER BOWL?
Unless a different Dan Quinn

Over five-plus seasons, Quinn led the Falcons to a 43-42 record, highlighted (or maybe low-lighted?) by their stunning Super Bowl loss to the Patriots following the 2016 season. Quinn was fired by the Falcons after an 0-5 start to the 2020 season.

I'm former DC HC'ed out. 90% of us got into being fans of this team because Marino was the killer gunslinger back in the day. Need offense to lead the way and we ain't going to get there by plugging in another Wannstedt or Flores. Love the dominant D but O has been entirely ignored for way too long. Hey, maybe we can hire right and have a good offense and defense? I know it's crazy talk!

you're crazy youtube GIF by SoulPancake

Unless a different Dan Quinn

Over five-plus seasons, Quinn led the Falcons to a 43-42 record, highlighted (or maybe low-lighted?) by their stunning Super Bowl loss to the Patriots following the 2016 season. Quinn was fired by the Falcons after an 0-5 start to the 2020 season.

I need to label my sarcasm more clearly.

In the two years before he got there, the Falcons were 10-22. Since he was fired, they're 11-17. The point is, the guy has experience, tends to get the best out of his players, and is smart enough to realize that he can't always be the smartest guy in the room. He surrounds himself with excellent coordinators, not yes men.

What I find interesting is that Quinn takes the brunt of the blame for that collapse, but the guy who actually called the offensive plays seems completely absolved of it. I'd take Quinn in a heartbeat.

I'm former DC HC'ed out. 90% of us got into being fans of this team because Marino was the killer gunslinger back in the day. Need offense to lead the way and we ain't going to get there by plugging in another Wannstedt or Flores. Love the dominant D but O has been entirely ignored for way too long. Hey, maybe we can hire right and have a good offense and defense? I know it's crazy talk!

you're crazy youtube GIF by SoulPancake're crazy youtube GIF by SoulPancake

This is really it. I'm not as concerned with hiring an offensive or defensive minded coach.

I'm concerned about hiring one that is offensive minded who doesn't get the right people to run the defense, or vice versa. Flores very clearly is an excellent defensive coach who didn't have a clue about how to run an offense...and also didn't care to hear experienced voices telling him how to. Gase was the opposite, except that he wasn't very good at offense, either.

I need to label my sarcasm more clearly.

In the two years before he got there, the Falcons were 10-22. Since he was fired, they're 11-17. The point is, the guy has experience, tends to get the best out of his players, and is smart enough to realize that he can't always be the smartest guy in the room. He surrounds himself with excellent coordinators, not yes men.

What I find interesting is that Quinn takes the brunt of the blame for that collapse, but the guy who actually called the offensive plays seems completely absolved of it. I'd take Quinn in a heartbeat.
You may have missed a previous post as I agree with you
I think he is a good coach
QB & OC & DC mostly at fault but they all fall under him
I stated I would just need to scream at him first then all would be good

You may have missed a previous post as I agree with you
I think he is a good coach
QB & OC & DC mostly at fault but they all fall under him
I stated I would just need to scream at him first then all would be good

It was more of a "for the masses" bit.

Back
Top Bottom