Carr to Panthers | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carr to Panthers

Lame, I really wanted someone ahead of us in the draft to pick him up. Oh well, thank god we didn't take him.

Dolfan1000 said:
How exactly did the Bills improve their talent? By losing Fletcher, Clements, Spikes and McGahee, but overpaying for two mediocre linemen?

Talk about an infusion of talent.

Yikes.

Don't be ignorant. Fletcher-Baker, Spikes, and McGahee were big names who will be replaced (and the Bills got a player and 3 picks for Spikes and McGahee). Clements is the only hit, and the Bills have a young CB in Ashton Youboty who may make Bills fans ask "Nate Who?"

The Bills will have a better offensive team this year because they'll have a lot better OL. There's potential for them to put up big numbers. Good running backs are a lot easier to find in the draft than LTs.

Carr signs with Carolina

I guess that ends that debate.
Looks like we go into the season with CPep, Lemon, and Draft pick.

havent you been paying attention? there first choice is and always was
GREEN
i think it will go like this
1. green
2. lemon
3. rookie

If you're paying attention, then you know the Dolphins are one of the most shakiest quarterback situations in the NFL AND nobody knows anything. They should have at least made an attempt to sign Carr... the Panthers pick him up for nothing. If they cut him a year from now, they gave up nothing. That's not the Dolphin way; we have a fetish for giving up draft picks... it's what we do best.

Hmmmm...is Ray lucas available? Maybe Jay Fiedler's not doing anything. Maybe the Eagles will take a 2nd for Feeley????

Don't be ignorant. Fletcher-Baker, Spikes, and McGahee were big names who will be replaced (and the Bills got a player and 3 picks for Spikes and McGahee). Clements is the only hit, and the Bills have a young CB in Ashton Youboty who may make Bills fans ask "Nate Who?"

The Bills will have a better offensive team this year because they'll have a lot better OL. There's potential for them to put up big numbers. Good running backs are a lot easier to find in the draft than LTs.

Excuse me? Whos being ignorant here? A starting MLB, a starting OLB, and a starting RB... with no legitimate replacement on the roster for any of them. Fletcher was the leader of your defense and top tackler, and dont tell me your going to become a pass heavy offense now that your workhorse is gone. In which case, you overpay to improve the offensive line, then deal a top offensive weapon, only to rely on backups and an unproven JP Losman to lead the attack? Sure that makes sense. And if you think Youboty is going to make you ask, 'Nate who?', then you're kidding yourself... at least initially. Theres a reason he dropped in the draft. Quit being a homer and realize your team suffered some big time losses and have a bunch of question marks.

Also keep in mind the explosive offensive teams your big OL acquisitions came from - Oakland, a laughing stock, and Washintgon, who never met a big contract they didnt like. Even Snyder wouldnt give that money to Dockery.

I think everyone is wildly overestimating how good Carr is, and how expensive Green will be. We'll likely get Green for nothing, and losing out on Carr is only slightly worse than losing out on Joey.

I highly doubt the Dolphins will get Green at all....since the Browns are offering to swap third round picks with the Chiefs. Even Miami can't be that stupid.

damn, i was so jacked to buy a david carr jersey. and to later buy a super bowl champions edition of the carr jersey. guess i'm hopin for jared zebranski now.

I highly doubt the Dolphins will get Green at all....since the Browns are offering to swap third round picks with the Chiefs. Even Miami can't be that stupid.

This is supporting you team? Dude you have a really weird way of supporting it. I bet youre one of those "glass is half empty" type of person.

This is supporting you team? Dude you have a really weird way of supporting it. I bet youre one of those "glass is half empty" type of person.

Again....you question a mans loyality....brother you have alot to learn.

To top the Browns offer....the Dolphins would have to either add a pick or swap a second round pick....who in their right mind would give that up for a 37 year old QB...coming off a injury....perhaps your right...the Dolphins do stupid trades at times....so there's always the chance.

It sure does seem the plan all along was to get Green. How much is Mule willing to give up to get him? Will the Browns blink and up the ante more? They are as desparate as we are. Charlie Frye ain't no second coming for them. Personally I preferred Carr but now it doesn't matter.

If we lose out to Green then our hand is forced to go qb in round 1. One drafts need in first round 1 when it is one missing piece that can lift the team for immediate results. But with our holes on offense and the fact we have not addressed an impact player at OL or QB in FA BPA would be the smartest move as long as it is BPA at a offensive position. We may be getting a qb in a reach out of need reducing the value of the pick (and pray a guy like Drew Stanton is the sleeper among the top qbs available). Or, bring out the big guns to trade up.

havent you been paying attention? there first choice is and always was
GREEN
i think it will go like this
1. green
2. lemon
3. rookie

I agree with your assessment, but I thought we would of at least brought Carr in for a look, it for no other reason than to put some heat on the Chiefs. I guess Capers didn't give him a very good recommendation.:chat:

I was not aware that the Browns are offerring a third round pick. If this is true, then I guess our only hope is that Green pulls a Harrington and refuses to re-negotiate his contract, forcing his release as I don't see the Dolphins going over a sixth pick. I guess that amounts to how much they want him.:driveby:

Again....you question a mans loyality....brother you have alot to learn.

To top the Browns offer....the Dolphins would have to either add a pick or swap a second round pick....who in their right mind would give that up for a 37 year old QB...coming off a injury....perhaps your right...the Dolphins do stupid trades at times....so there's always the chance.

Of course your point is irrelevant if Green decides he wants to be a Dolphin and refuses to restructure his contract with the Browns.

And no, the Browns wont be paying him 7 million dollars, nor will the Chiefs. Eventually, he will be on the move with a new contract.

Back
Top Bottom