Carr to Panthers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carr to Panthers

So, in the end, like it or not, Trent Green will be a Dolphin for a low draft pick. Sorry to burst your bubble and explain the reality of the situation to you, but it had to be done.
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Oh my god. WAKE UP, people! Do you have any idea how badly we've blown this situation? Any idea at all?

A low draft pick?!? KC refused to trade him for a low pick when we actually had some leverage in the situaton. When we could have gotten David Carr instead. Guess what? That's all gone! We have nothing now.

The absolute best we could do now is to get Trent Green for a 4th round pick. We'd be lucky if that's all we give up. We don't have a 5th. KC already rejected the trade for less than that. We'll have to give up our 4th at a minimum.

But oh, wait, I almost forgot, we aren't the only team interested anymore. Man, has the front office really played this to perfection. The Browns got into the mix AFTER the Chiefs made it known that they wanted a 1st-day draft pick for Green, so they're going to be willing to cough up a decent pick. And all the talk about "Green doesn't want to play there" is a pipe dream. The Browns can easily take on his current contract if they want him. He doesn't have to work out a new contract with them. They'll probably try to do it that way, but it doesn't have to happen.

Wake up to reality. WE HAVE BLOWN IT. Good lord, we traded away a kicker for more than we were willing to offer for the guy the HC wants as his starting QB. You think KC didn't take note of that? At this point, they'll probably trade Green to Cleveland for a happy meal and a handshake just so we don't get him

And you can forget about them cutting him, that'll never happen now. As badly as we've screwed this up, do you seriously think they'll just cut him and let him come here if we don't meet their price? Keep dreaming.

This whole thing has been screwed up beyond belief. Randy tried to play hardball and is going to end up grabbing his ankles when it's all said and done.

Carr would be no "patch". Playing for us could have resurrected his career similar to another 27 year old last year in the league... a guy named Brees.

i actually agree with you on carr. but that comparison is just awful. brees resurrected his career:confused: when did his career go bad? brees had already made the pro bowl! bad comparison.

Oh my god. WAKE UP, people! Do you have any idea how badly we've blown this situation? Any idea at all?

A low draft pick?!? KC refused to trade him for a low pick when we actually had some leverage in the situaton. When we could have gotten David Carr instead. Guess what? That's all gone! We have nothing now.

The absolute best we could do now is to get Trent Green for a 4th round pick. We'd be lucky if that's all we give up. We don't have a 5th. KC already rejected the trade for less than that. We'll have to give up our 4th at a minimum.

But oh, wait, I almost forgot, we aren't the only team interested anymore. Man, has the front office really played this to perfection. The Browns got into the mix AFTER the Chiefs made it known that they wanted a 1st-day draft pick for Green, so they're going to be willing to cough up a decent pick. And all the talk about "Green doesn't want to play there" is a pipe dream. The Browns can easily take on his current contract if they want him. He doesn't have to work out a new contract with them. They'll probably try to do it that way, but it doesn't have to happen.

Wake up to reality. WE HAVE BLOWN IT. Good lord, we traded away a kicker for more than we were willing to offer for the guy the HC wants as his starting QB. You think KC didn't take note of that? At this point, they'll probably trade Green to Cleveland for a happy meal and a handshake just so we don't get him

And you can forget about them cutting him, that'll never happen now. As badly as we've screwed this up, do you seriously think they'll just cut him and let him come here if we don't meet their price? Keep dreaming.

This whole thing has been screwed up beyond belief. Randy tried to play hardball and is going to end up grabbing his ankles when it's all said and done.

Must be nice to stand on the outside and criticize. Besides the fact that Cleveland will not eat Green's Contract, Green will refuse the trade otherwise. We will end up with Green for a low pick or for free. You just want to criticize. Carr probably did not fit the system, but you dont care, because that is who you want for watever reason. God I know realize why fin fans are made fun of sooo much. Some have no vision, they want short term solutions

YOU JUST WANT TO *****

I am so gad that you know how to run this team better, because every move we make, you second quess. I have a question: Are you a fan of this team?

I have never seen a even remotely positive post by you

Did you even consider whether Carr would fit into the system or not? Were you in the middle of negoitations? Do you know what the dolphins are going to do?

They may come to trade for Green or allow him to hit the open market and then draft a QB, so Green could help him. What is the problem with the plan?

Can you tell me what QB fits the Dolphins? Can you tell me what I and you should be positive about...so far?

Let me remind you that Green is coming off a major concussion....he's 37 years old...and his future at best isn't bright. At best he's a backup now...and if he's the backup QB...who then is going to be ther starter? Culpepper? If thats so...why the need for Green? Lemon...did he need Green last season? Is Green a better teacher than Cam?

If the Dolphins do acquire Quinn...is Green a better teacher than Weiss and Cam?

Am I a Dolphin fan?....since 1968...Longer than most of you have been alive and thru all those years...I've spoken up when they have played well and played lousy...thats what a true fan does.

I'm not even close to being impressed with Cameron and Muellers ability to assess talent.
Let's keep a broken down has-been like C-Pep and pass on Carr, a 27 year old with a huge upside, who we could get for NOTHING!!!!!

Welcome to Wannstedt - Speilman, Take ll.

Great! :shakeno:

I have to agree with you my friend. Given the uncertainty surrounding our QB position, to simply pass on Carr who could've been signed with no compensation, is a really poor decision. Obviously, Capers still holds a grudge against Carr and blames him for getting fired. Kubiak blames Carr for he's lousy rookie coaching debut and used him as a scapegoat. Carr completed 68% of his passes with no running attack, a possession receiver, and a lousy offensive line. Mueller and Cam just simply ignored him! Unbelievable! So far what have we accomplished this offseason that has made us better? The Porter signing and that's it! And even that can be questioned given this guy's thug behavior and declining stats. Other than a large bowel movement purging of our roster (which, incidentally, most of these guys are getting picked up by other teams) we haven't done SQUAT~~.

:rolleyes2

Do you feel better now?

Sheesh.

You clearly didnt read the post. Trent will dictate where he goes. NOBODY is paying him 7 million dollars next year. Not the Chiefs. Not the Browns. Get over it.

LOL I think its hilarious that you guys are going crazy because we did not pick up a PICK OF CRAP QB, I think its hilarious that you dont even wait till the draft (we have 9 picks and possibly more) to proclaim DOOMSDAY for this team.

Some of you guys are just sad, you are so fairweathered and lacking vision. Its really quite ridiculous that you fold every time this team doesnt make a move that YOU like.

They didnt like CARR, by the way the FB and the G we got from Detriot and ?Minnesota were GOOD pick ups .. but I know you forgot about them, while you were burning Mueller and Cameron in empathy before the draft, before the roster is complete, before the June1 deadline, and before a single game is played ..Why are some of you so impatient? Is Carr gonna take us to the playoffs or the SuperBowl? NO. WE ARE REBUILD.. We are gonna draft a young QB

Can you tell me what QB fits the Dolphins? Can you tell me what I and you should be positive about...so far?

Let me remind you that Green is coming off a major concussion....he's 37 years old...and his future at best isn't bright. At best he's a backup now...and if he's the backup QB...who then is going to be ther starter? Culpepper? If thats so...why the need for Green? Lemon...did he need Green last season? Is Green a better teacher than Cam?

If the Dolphins do acquire Quinn...is Green a better teacher than Weiss and Cam?

Am I a Dolphin fan?....since 1968...Longer than most of you have been alive and thru all those years...I've spoken up when they have played well and played lousy...thats what a true fan does.

I am glad you have been a fan for that long, i really doesnt show sometimes I guess.

No i dont know what QB fits in the system, but then again, I leave that to the person, who is going to be running the team, who is running the offense, and knows about QBs... CAMERON AND MUELLER

Things to be thankful for:
1.) We have to good running backs

2.) We have a few decent to good olinemen

3.) We are under the cap and are not overpaying

4.) Jt and Zach

LOL I think its hilarious that you guys are going crazy because we did not pick up a PICK OF CRAP QB, I think its hilarious that you dont even wait till the draft (we have 9 picks and possibly more) to proclaim DOOMSDAY for this team.

Some of you guys are just sad, you are so fairweathered and lacking vision. Its really quite ridiculous that you fold every time this team doesnt make a move that YOU like.

They didnt like CARR, by the way the FB and the G we got from Detriot and ?Minnesota were GOOD pick ups .. but I know you forgot about them, while you were burning Mueller and Cameron in empathy before the draft, before the roster is complete, before the June1 deadline, and before a single game is played ..Why are some of you so impatient? Is Carr gonna take us to the playoffs or the SuperBowl? NO. WE ARE REBUILD.. We are gonna draft a young QB

How unfair to call him a piece of crap QB...considering he threw for 68% comp last year on a team that just got him sacked 250 times in 5 years. The fullback the Dolphins signed is a stop-gap at best...and the guard the same...just someone to take a roster space. Yes..the Dolphins are rebuilding...and yes it's going to take at least three years...and yes they will draft a QB...but which one is still up in the air. May I also say you forgot the great signing of Martin...another player that has a injury history and seems to not be able to stay on the field. Yes we have alot to be thankful for....and alot to question....we have to believe that everyone of the draft picks the Dolphins select this year will HAVE to make the roster...otherwise the Dolphins will be built by acquiring castoffs from other teams....players who are ususally older...and isn't that what the Dolphins were trying to fix and get away from in the first place?

zonk4ever said:
I have to agree with you my friend. Given the uncertainty surrounding our QB position, to simply pass on Carr who could've been signed with no compensation, is a really poor decision. Obviously, Capers still holds a grudge against Carr and blames him for getting fired. Kubiak blames Carr for he's lousy rookie coaching debut and used him as a scapegoat. Carr completed 68% of his passes with no running attack, a possession receiver, and a lousy offensive line. Mueller and Cam just simply ignored him! Unbelievable! So far what have we accomplished this offseason that has made us better? The Porter signing and that's it! And even that can be questioned given this guy's thug behavior and declining stats. Other than a large bowel movement purging of our roster (which, incidentally, most of these guys are getting picked up by other teams) we haven't done SQUAT~~.

I'm not a fan of the idea that a high first round bust for one team can suddenly become a star on another (ie, Joey Harrington), but I don't think that David Carr was a "bust". Like Jake Plummer who wasted his early pro years in Arizona and blossomed at Denver, I think that Carr can have become a better-than-average NFL QB on a better team. Don't be surprised if he doesn't put Jake Delhomme on the bench in 2007, perhaps as early as TC.

Did RandyCam miss the boat on Carr? I don't know, but I'm not sure what they plan on doing with Trent Green, who is NOT a QB well-suited to a team missing the left side of their OL! This is especially true if they have to give up a draft choice for him.

I suppose their idea is that if they can patch together an OL and pick up another WR somewhere, they can somehow eke out a playoff performance because the D was so good last year. I think that's pretty much the same stuff that Wannstadt and Saban did: patch here, patch there, put together a mediocre team and hope for a playoff berth.

Now, that might work in the NFC, but not the AFC, and the AFCE has three teams with improved talent that finished ahead of the Fins. Neither the Jets nor the Bills are probably ready to challenge NE, but both are a year further along on their own rebuilding plans than the Fins, and they both may battle for a wild card spot as they did until Buffalo lost to Tennessee in the second last game of the season.

How exactly did the Bills improve their talent? By losing Fletcher, Clements, Spikes and McGahee, but overpaying for two mediocre linemen?

Talk about an infusion of talent.

Yikes.

I liked Carr. I thought he would be a viaable backup but then again Im sure Muler knows what hes talkin about. Im a little more woried about the o-Line right now than our QB position. I understand there is a huge question in Culpepper but I think we have to belive that he can do it. We've invested a seccond round pick in him and he once was the seccond best QB behind only Peyton Manning. The o-line is well for lack of a better word not there. We have who RT Vernon Carey, C Rex Hadnot and guard Chris Liwienski (no clue if hes a starter or a backup). Everyone else was let go and not replaced and the market is now thin. So that being said our o-line last year was better than no o-line this year.

:welcome: aboard!

CHILL OUT Slippery Pete!!! You have only posted 2 times for Christ sake!!! Be very careful, some of these guys will eat you alive.:D

I dont see Green going to the Browns if he doesnt want to. The cheifs seem to be trying to do right by him. He doesnt have to agree to a restructure if he doesnt want to play there. He wants to be a Phin and i still believe that we are being wise to be patient and not knee jerk to a higher trade demand than what he's worth. If we want Green, then we will get him, cause he wants to be a phin.

He wants to go where he has a chance to start. If Cleveland gives him that chance he will go there. Besides, he would have a better chance of surviving behind Cleveland's offensive line. It just came out recently that Phil Savage has stepped up the attempt to get ahold of Green's agent and work out a contract. It is not Dolphin or bust. Green will go where he gets paid and where he has a chance to start.

He wants to go where he has a chance to start. If Cleveland gives him that chance he will go there. Besides, he would have a better chance of surviving behind Cleveland's offensive line. It just came out recently that Phil Savage has stepped up the attempt to get ahold of Green's agent and work out a contract. It is not Dolphin or bust. Green will go where he gets paid and where he has a chance to start.

Well if he does, fine! I would like him, but i dont want us to overpay for him or give up too much in regards to draft picks for him. He is a maybe 2 years or so starter for us. I like Green, but he is getting old, and is coming off of a major concussion. But i still stick by what i said earlier.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom