Carr to Panthers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carr to Panthers

I know that many of us don't like the idea but Trent Green will be a Dolphin. It doesn't matter what the Browns offer if Green doesn't renegotiate it doesn't happen. There was never really any real interest in Carr anyway.

Well, so it goes. It looks like the plan is to get Trent Green (and he will get traded for a seveth rounder or cut to give the Chefs cap space) and draft a young QB to develop.

Maybe Quinn, if he falls to the sixth spot, or a Stanton, Edwards, Kolb, Beck, Palmer or whoever in the second/third round.

I see no reason to panic, and certainly nothing to compare to the days of Wanny/Spielman.

Green - has not been cut and there are teams interested in trading for him. Carr was cut, because no one would give up a pick for him. By the way Green is a Pro-Bowl QB, even though he had an off year and is 37

Porter- He was cut by a Pittsburgh club that did not want to extend his contract. He is also a Pro-Bowl Player

Martin - I see your point, but he was cut due to injuries

They are not the same as a underachiever, who was perfectly healthy but could not produce

I think everyone is wildly overestimating how good Carr is, and how expensive Green will be. We'll likely get Green for nothing, and losing out on Carr is only slightly worse than losing out on Joey.

Cleo Lemon already has a leg-up on the competition since he knows Cam's offense already.

It isn't even the middle of April and you're calling our organization a failure? If Carr has as much upside as you claim, why is he going to Carolina to backup Delhomme?

If he was so great, why would Houston cut him? And why wouldn't we have signed him the second he was cut?

LOL!!! Yes, Houston is the braintrust of the league... if THEY cut him, Carr must be trash, right???
Cuz after all, they have pulled SO many savy, intelligent moves haven't they? Right up thru passing on Reggie Bush. Perhaps that is why they are such a successful franchise!

Those who bashed me, fine, you will see. I've been a round a lot longer than probably all of you, a fan since 1971, so I've seen a few things.

Carr would be no "patch". Playing for us could have resurrected his career similar to another 27 year old last year in the league... a guy named Brees. Carr IS that capable. Give him a good system, a supporting cast, and he would have shown you.

Remember me when Delomme gets hurt and Carr shows what he can do.

Until then, go ahead and call me a frustrated fan, or whatever. I've seen bonehead decisions over the years, and this one ranks with them.

Well, so it goes. It looks like the plan is to get Trent Green (and he will get traded for a seveth rounder or cut to give the Chefs cap space) and draft a young QB to develop.

Maybe Quinn, if he falls to the sixth spot, or a Stanton, Edwards, Kolb, Beck, Palmer or whoever in the second/third round.

I see no reason to panic, and certainly nothing to compare to the days of Wanny/Spielman.

Not gonna happen. With Cleveland in the mix the Dolphins are not going to be able to be cheap like they were trying to be. Green is worth more than that 6th you got for Mare. Cleveland knows we are asking for a first day pick for Green and they are still interested.

And we do have the cap room to keep him if we don't trade him. Therefore, you guys will not be able to simply refuse to trade for him so you can pick him up as a free agent.

Whether it's the Dolphins or the Browns, we are getting a 3rd or 4th out of Green.

I dont see Green going to the Browns if he doesnt want to. The cheifs seem to be trying to do right by him. He doesnt have to agree to a restructure if he doesnt want to play there. He wants to be a Phin and i still believe that we are being wise to be patient and not knee jerk to a higher trade demand than what he's worth. If we want Green, then we will get him, cause he wants to be a phin.

I'm not even close to being impressed with Cameron and Muellers ability to assess talent.
Let's keep a broken down has-been like C-Pep and pass on Carr, a 27 year old with a huge upside, who we could get for NOTHING!!!!!

Welcome to Wannstedt - Speilman, Take ll.

Great! :shakeno:

Actually, had the Cam/Mueller signed Carr, then ur comparison to Wannstedt/Speil would be accurate. We would have AGAIN signed someone elses TRASH. The fact that Cam/Mueller passed on him speaks volumes on the direction that the team is actually going. Dont just sign another teams cast-offs just "because". I am actually happy that we didnt sign Carr. He obviously wasn't what Cam/Mueller wanted. Better to wait and find someone who fits the mold of the player u want(either thru F/A or the draft), instead of signing YET ANOTHER reject.
If this was truly Wannstedt/Speilman, Take 2, then not only would Carr be a Fin, but they would have given a 2nd rounder for him.

A.J.Fin, I got you by 5 years as a Dolphin fan, but you could be right about Carr. I had much the same feeling concerning his abilities. Maybe RandyCam are just wanting to start with a fresh QB without all the bad coaching? Anyway, let's just wait and see, Right?

LOL!!! Yes, Houston is the braintrust of the league... if THEY cut him, Carr must be trash, right???
Cuz after all, they have pulled SO many savy, intelligent moves haven't they? Right up thru passing on Reggie Bush. Perhaps that is why they are such a successful franchise!

Those who bashed me, fine, you will see. I've been a round a lot longer than probably all of you, a fan since 1971, so I've seen a few things.

Carr would be no "patch". Playing for us could have resurrected his career similar to another 27 year old last year in the league... a guy named Brees. Carr IS that capable. Give him a good system, a supporting cast, and he would have shown you.

Remember me when Delomme gets hurt and Carr shows what he can do.

Until then, go ahead and call me a frustrated fan, or whatever. I've seen bonehead decisions over the years, and this one ranks with them.

Dude, I have been a fan 16 years and I have seen bonehead moves by this franchise. You still dont have a clue, that other people's trash should not be in Miami.

You still didnt dispute any of my points. ALSO I WOULD TAKE MUELLER OVER YOU AS QB EVALUATOR ANY DAY!!!!

CARR has shown me nothin. He is a career backup.DRAFT A F**CKEN QB, why is that hard for you to understand

PS ..By the way Genius, BREES is a much better quarterback than YOUR BOY CARR, and he did not resurrect is career in NO, he was already a proven commodity

Back
Top Bottom