Carter is a Waste | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carter is a Waste

DW made comments about being worried about not having enough talent for Norv Turners offense so maybe that's swaying his decision on FA players.
There's no doubt Carter has huge talent but the Fins WRs corp is not in such bad shape that they need a huge impact player like Carter.
The WRs we have are very very good, the Fins can add a different WR to the roster that has good skills to improve the squad without paying the money for Carter, and don't fool yourself, Carter will want to get paid for his talent not his age.

Didn't the Fins try to use the {passing game opens up the running game} theory before? Yes they did with a HOF QB and some pretty good WRs and TEs.

If they sign him they sign him but it better be for very good cap friendly $$.
There comes a time when you sign all this talent, that the pressure of expectation weighs heavy enough to collapse the very thing you tried to build in the first place.

H4L

Re: I'm Not in the Locker Room But...

Originally posted by Expo88

...Kylie Wong is and since the guy is 1st cousins with my brother in law (they talk a lot and are very close) I'm able to get a lot of information. According to Wong, most of the guys on the team do not like either Wong or Moss. And as far as him not being a distraction you'd have to be blind, deaf, and dumb to miss that. I've said it before and I'll say it now; why to you think Carter has been totally shunned by the Rams? It's because the coaching staff, as well as the team leaders, had a lot of questions about him. He was supposed to fly in to meet with them but then he showed his true colors by going for the bucks instead of the ring by waiting on the Browns so the Rams cancelled any and all talks with Cryin Chris. How often do you hear about a guy who has so many questions about his character that a coaching staff wants to have the entire team leadership meet with the guy to ensure he won't screw things up? I've never heard of it before.

This debate will rage on as to whether Carter should be a 'Fin or not but there is no questioning the fact that Carter is a disruption and a distraction.

Correctg me if i am wrong but wasnt Wong the guy CC pushed because he was dogging it? Great source. I don't know about your brother' sister's dog groomer but i can read CC stats and he is on his way to the hall of fame, and that is a guy i would want in my locker room.

Re: I'm Not in the Locker Room But...

Originally posted by Expo88

...Kylie Wong is and since the guy is 1st cousins with my brother in law (they talk a lot and are very close) I'm able to get a lot of information. According to Wong, most of the guys on the team do not like either Wong or Moss. And as far as him not being a distraction you'd have to be blind, deaf, and dumb to miss that. I've said it before and I'll say it now; why to you think Carter has been totally shunned by the Rams? It's because the coaching staff, as well as the team leaders, had a lot of questions about him. He was supposed to fly in to meet with them but then he showed his true colors by going for the bucks instead of the ring by waiting on the Browns so the Rams cancelled any and all talks with Cryin Chris. How often do you hear about a guy who has so many questions about his character that a coaching staff wants to have the entire team leadership meet with the guy to ensure he won't screw things up? I've never heard of it before.

This debate will rage on as to whether Carter should be a 'Fin or not but there is no questioning the fact that Carter is a disruption and a distraction.

Before you go talking about this more, you should know that Cleaveland was one of his target teams before he was made a free agent. Did you know that that is where CC is from? Or did your source forget to tell that as well? One more thing before you go spouting off as an expert, did you ever think there was something the Browns could offer CC that is very important to him and his ego besides being his birth place? They can offer him a starting job witch St.Louis and Miami can't do. Next time you start calling people names, and quoteing reliable sources you should do a little homework on the person your talking about. Just because Jimmy from gym class told you Cindy is a stupid head, does that really make Cindy a stupid head?

Ok the last thing. Why does it surprise you that the whole group of front office personal wants to meet a 35 year old wr that they might spend 2 mill on? Also did it occur to you that they might of wanted to make sure that a certain lock for the hall of fame would be ok playing as the 3rd wr? Or maybe they just wanted to pay a little respect to one of the all time greats. I am done i swear.

Dajesus

OK Da, since you want to dive in on this one too here's the deal. Carter said- these are his very own words paraphrased- that he wanted a ring more than anything else and would not consider playing for a team that wasn't a SB contender. That meant that St. Louis was a logical choice and the Browns should not have even been a blip on his radar screen.

You hit the nail on the head when you said something was more important to his ego than playing a third WR role. You see, you're making my point for me, it's his ego that's the problem. He, rightfully so, has a lot of confidence in his abilities and loves to make that known but he also seems to have the opinion that if everyone does not do exactly what he thinks they should then they are worthy of a good public tounge lashing. I'm all for the verbal abuse in cases where it's warranted (like Moss) but for him to deride so many of his teamates and the coaching staff is simply wrong.

If you'll remember, Zach went after the whole team after the first loss to the Jets so a lot of people like to point this out and say "Zach did it, Carter does it, same thing right?" Wrong. Two very distinct things that ZT did that seperate his rant from Carters: 1) He didn't single out any single player or unit (offense, defense, etc) he made it known that this was a team problem; 2) ZT limited his comments to the players and left the coaching staff out of it. These are very important factors in that the way ZT approached things were based upon a team mentality, as opposed to Carter who seems to have a divide and conquer attitude ("a house divided against itself cannot stand." -maybe you know the quoute.)

Next, and this has been widely reported so there's no conjecture here, Carter was not only meeting with the coaching staff, he was meeting with the team leaders in players. The reason behind this was that a couple of the guys, Faulk and Bruce in particular had some serious questions abou the way Carter handles himself both on the field and in the locker room. The point of this meeting wasn't to show respect, it was to see if some of these issues could be resolved in order for Carter to be brought on board.

As far as anyone in St. Louis being concerned with how Carter would feel playing as the 3rd WR I think that's ridiculous considering he publicly came out and said that he would be just fine playing #3 if St. Louis signed him. Unless he was just talking out of his butt again, this should not have even been a concern for either the Rams or for Carter.

Also, I have a very hard time buying the home town line since he had never expressed any interest in playing there until he thought they were going to be offering the big bucks. He had three teams he wanted to go to: St. Louis, Philly, and Miami; all playoff teams and all considered contenders next year.

Finally, there is a reason I posted the name of my source and posted it the way I did. Wong was a respected leader of the defense and what he sais does carry some weight with me. I also included how I got the information so I wasn't misleading anyone by saying that I know the guy personally. Also, I'm not saying that because he said these thigs were so, they are. What I am saying is that with all the other data that's out there, the information that I've been given completely jives so it was worth reporting.

Finally, If the 'Fins do get Carter I will hope he does nothing but good things for the team and is the model citizen and team player. But, even if he does go to Miami, and he is the poster boy for great leadership, it doesn't change how he's behaved in the past which is why there are so many of us on this MB who honestly believe that he is a cancer and will cause more harm than good.

P.S. You are wrong, Wong wasn't the guy that Carter pushed (another great example of how belligerant and obnoxious he can be. Offensive guys need to stick to slamming their own guys.) I'm pretty sure the guy he pushed was a DE so you can quit throwing the dog groomer's mother's, whatever, crap insults around, they're not necessary.

A Link to With a Little Food for Thought

One more thing, this just posted on the Miami Herald and pretty much every point I made in my argument against Carter is made right here so you all might want to start double thinking the Crap you're slinging at me and anyone else who doesn't like the idea of Carter going to the 'Fins.:fire:

Vote No On Carter

I am done. After talking to you on this one thread i feel like pounding my head off the wall. I hope CC comes to Miami, based on the fact that he is one of the best wrs ever to play the game. I don't care what your 1st cousin said or Denny Green for that matter. The proof is in the pudding, and he has been proving to everyone for 15 years now.

1995 WAS CHUCK FULL OF GREAT PLAYERS.

17 1st round draft picks on one team = 9-7 season

Trying to buy a superbowl by over spending on aging talent = 1995 Dolphins and 2001 Washington Redskins

Originally posted by Hellion
1995 WAS CHUCK FULL OF GREAT PLAYERS.

17 1st round draft picks on one team = 9-7 season

Trying to buy a superbowl by over spending on aging talent = 1995 Dolphins and 2001 Washington Redskins
I am at a loss ??? what does Miami's interest in signing C-Carter have to do with the debacle in 95 ??? It was not a case of the signing of (over the hill) players, the problem was D - Shula signed guys like G-Atkins, M- Stewart, F- Smith,C-Singleton,C-Jackson, players that had attitude problems before or just were playing for the money and not to win !! So when you mix the afore mentioned with the likes of B- Cox, L-Oliver,etc. you have a time bomb ready to explode --- and it did . I do not see how or why this team would be going down the same path as the 95 team did,, even if C-Carter is as bad as some of you that dislike him have posted,, do you really believe that WannSpeil would take the remotest chance at signing him at the cost of F======= up this season when hopes are very high ?By the way, it was 19 1st rnd draft picks and you are right with your post about the 95 team,, I was against the way Shula built that team and to this day consider the 95 season a GIGANTIC WASTE OF MY TIME as a Miami Dolphin fan ... Marino1983 ;)

Do we keep 5 or 6 receivers?

Just thinking if we do sign Chris Carter, does that mean that another WR is history?
Do we keep 5 or 6?
I know in most other years we have usually kept 5.
I would like to see us keep 6 WR, and only 3 TE (Mayes, Weaver, and Perry). I know they like Draper, but he may even be moved to OT.
We have seen injury time and time again to our WR core (OJ, OG, CC, Ward, etc)
Why not expect to lose at least one or two guys for some amount of time, and not have to bring in someone off the street in the middle of the year to come in and try and learn our system.
If we did cut someone if we sign Carter, I am afraid it would be OG. (Based on contract issues).
Hopefully, we can have the best of both worlds if we do bring in Carter.
I, for one would sure hate to see OG go.
Especially, if we had only kept 5 WR's and then had injury later on.

Marino 1983

I wasn't really making a direct comparison between the 02 team (with carter) and the 95 team.
I'm eluding to the fact that just because the all pro player is out there dosen't meen we have to go sign him OR that he will actually improve the team.

My bad you're right it was 19.:drinker:

:monkey:1995 full of :stooges:

Carter will be a bargain

How can anyone say carter is a waste of money, anytime you can get a wr on your team that has caught as many TD's as carter has can not hurt your team, as for his off field antics it's amazing what losing can do to you, when the vikings were winning he was the best thing in the world for Randy Moss, and a great leader on the vikings, when you win it makes things a lot easier to deal with, and the Dolphins are not going to have losing season. GO FINS GO!!! I think he would provide must needed depth at WR, and he is as good as any WR on our team, and how many of our WR were not hurt last year, let me think maybe one and he should get his walking papers for letting balls bounce off his head in the playoffs. We need help at WR to many ? with all the off season surgery.

I want to see "GET CARTER" and I don't mean the movie

I think that if we sign Carter, we should release Ward. He makes over one million a year (i think) and then we can have the sppedy McKnight return punts next year.

McKnight cannot be the punt returner. The one thing that is absolutely necessary for a punt returner is good hands and can anyone tell me what McKnights biggest problem is??? That's right! Hands of steel. I hope he stays around and does well but he needs to work on his concentration. That's why there's no way he'd work as a PR.

Back
Top Bottom