Charle Clay #89 in top 100 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charle Clay #89 in top 100

this list is from the 2013 season not a preview of 2014.

Ray wasn't on the list b/c he only played 6 games in 2012.

Alright then, we'll have to see.

Only further proves my point how undeserving Clay is on the list though.

Now you have to leave off 2 of Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, and Jordan Cameron? Graham and Davis are probably on there, but Clay shouldn't be ahead of any of them.

Alright then, we'll have to see.

Only further proves my point how undeserving Clay is on the list though.

Now you have to leave off 2 of Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, and Jordan Cameron? Graham and Davis are probably on there, but Clay shouldn't be ahead of any of them.

I would bet that all of those guys make it.

I would bet that all of those guys make it.

Considering apparently only 5 TE's are on the list all of them cannot make it.

You only named 4 guys and clay makes 5.

Clay and Witten who were already put on the list = 2.

If Gonzalez counts for this list, that = 3.

That means only 2 more TE's can make it. That means 2 of Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, and Jordan Cameron will be left off the list.

Clay and Witten who were already put on the list = 2.

If Gonzalez counts for this list, that = 3.

That means only 2 more TE's can make it. That means 2 of Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, and Jordan Cameron will be left off the list.

Fair enough

Maybe they consider him the best Hback? Not sure.. I would say he's a top 10 TE, but even that is borderline.

Wow...get ready for clay to try and pull top 5 tight end money on that next contract...you can bet the agent will use this as ammo

B/t clay is not a top 5 tight end contract worthy player...but if he does hit free agency and he's the top guy it's possible...does deserve a significant bump...

Oh idk it's clear he isn't gronk/Graham level and beyond that tier do tight ends make huge cash?

Oh idk it's clear he isn't gronk/Graham level and beyond that tier do tight ends make huge cash?

I just had a quick look and apparantly this year the top 10 paid te's are

Jimmy Graham at
Tight End
$7,035,000
franchise tag
Marcedes Lewis at
Tight End
$6,700,000
Greg Olsen at
Tight End
$5,250,000
Jason Witten at
Tight End
$5,000,000

Antonio Gates at
Tight End
$5,000,000
Martellus Bennett at
Tight End
$4,800,000
Vernon Davis at
Tight End
$4,700,000
Brent Celek at
Tight End
$4,000,000
James Casey at
Tight End
$3,985,000
Rob Gronkowski at
Tight End
$3,750,000

Ive always liked Clay (even when every1 was wetting themselves last year after 1 bad preseason game).. I dont mind paying him 5/6m or so. Sounds fair to me, 5m isnt huge cash these days

He's set to only make $1.5M so it shouldn't be too difficult to get him extended, pay him similar to what Hartline got imo. Four year extension for $24 Mill with about $10 mill guaranteed.

Clay can make Marcellus Bennett money on a contract extension right now if Miami wanted to extend him...I'd make him play it out though...I tell ya this Lazor uses the tight ends a ton so I would expect for clay to have a big year...

B/t clay is not a top 5 tight end contract worthy player...but if he does hit free agency and he's the top guy it's possible...does deserve a significant bump...

He's not, but imo he's a Hernandez type and he'll command a contract relatively equivalent to the one Aaron Hernandez signed back in 2012, which was five years for $40 million with $12.5 million guaranteed. Clay isn't the same caliber of player as Hernandez and has only done it for one year but I'd expect this to be the basic type of money he'll look for. Maybe we'll have to pay a bit extra given Clay isn't a murderer.

Back
Top Bottom