Chase Young with 1st pick | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Young with 1st pick

Kinda figured you’d dismiss them. And perhaps you‘re right to do so. Who knows.

However, point again is, there are people that do this for a living and watch college players just as much as you guys do that see Chase a bit differently. You told me you weren’t convinced anybody saw it differently than you. These two obviously do. And I‘ve heard and read others that do as well. Joel Klatt is another off the top of my head. Those guys have said that they’ve talked to numerous scouts and GM’s that say the same. They can’t all be idiots to be easily dismissed!

Again, not saying you‘re wrong. Time will tell. But I am proving the point that there are numerous evaluators out there that see things differently both in Chase Young’s technique and ability and also in comparison to the Bosa’s.

Lastly, IDC what you or anybody else says, I know Joel Klatt to be quite a smart guy and while nobody is above being wrong, he’s not some uneducated talking head. Also believe Pollack has the credentials to somewhat know what he’s talking about too.

You know what you know, and they know what they know.

Here’s a few more comments about Chase from coaches that worked with both players:

"His get-off, his speed, it's unbelievable," OSU co-defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley said. "It's like nothing I've seen before. It's ridiculous."

"I had a chance to see Nick Bosa last year and I coached in the NFL and saw some really good players at different times," OSU coach Ryan Day said. "But he is as good as I've been around, again, because he's so versatile."

Let me make one thing perfectly clear - Joel Klatt is a stone cold moron. He ain’t nothing but a biased SEC hater who loves to troll Alabama. In fact, the only reason anybody even knows his name is for getting on Colin Cowherd’s show weekly and bashing Nick Saban and Alabama.

You literally couldn’t have brought a worse talking head to me. I give zero legitimacy to anything that comes out of Joel Klatt’s mouth. And when I say zero and anything - I mean ZERO and ANYTHING.

He’s a FOX guy constantly pushing his agenda - which is being an Ohio St. shill and pushing Chase Young for Heisman rhetoric.

The poster and Ohio St. homer around here by the name of Birdmond is basically the message board version of Joel Klatt. Complete lunacy.

Bottom line is, you can believe all that sh^t if you want to - but don’t ever expect me to consider Klatt anything but the clueless SEC and Alabama hating moron that he is.

I mean the only guy that can beat Klatt for the worst takes in college football is Colin Cowherd himself - who declares Bama’s dynasty over every time they lose a game. He even said Gus Malazahn was going to own Saban :lol:

Here’s what I think about Joel Klatt and anything that comes out his mouth....

Tried to research but I couldn't find a particular throw Tua made against TN -- I'd say about 30 yards

straight down field -- attempting a fast ball. Anyway he significantly stepped into the throw (minimal arc)

but the ball was obviously a dying quail by the time it reached the WR -- who had to come back a few yards

to make the catch off the turf. Luckily he was 5 yards + open and made the play. Anyway -- the play was like

***red flags*** for me when it comes to Tua attacking downfield (or deep outs) where VELOCITY is critical!

I just tend to think top shelf N F L defenses will see the same and defend Tua accordingly...

He's a dink and dunk "lobber" who lacks the "heat" to really challenge defenses DEEP & WIDE.

4:05

7:55

13:45

Tried to research but I couldn't find a particular throw Tua made against TN -- I'd say about 30 yards

straight down field -- attempting a fast ball. Anyway he significantly stepped into the throw (minimal arc)

but the ball was obviously a dying quail by the time it reached the WR -- who had to come back a few yards

to make the catch off the turf. Luckily he was 5 yards + open and made the play. Anyway -- the play was like

***red flags*** for me when it comes to Tua attacking downfield (or deep outs) where VELOCITY is critical!

I just tend to think top shelf N F L defenses will see the same and defend Tua accordingly...

He's a dink and dunk "lobber" who lacks the "heat" to really challenge defenses DEEP & WIDE.

All you have to do is watch..the national championship game..against Ga..it’s called 2 and 26...ask any Ga.fan how much zip was on that pass and the eye discipline to move the safety..go look it’s on tape...

All you have to do is watch..the national championship game..against Ga..it’s called 2 and 26...ask any Ga.fan how much zip was on that pass and the eye discipline to move the safety..go look it’s on tape...

Sure, nice pass. But that ball had a lot more arc on it than what I'm talking about.

If that's his max velocity then I'm not impressed. All the dinky quick slants and dumps to backs

etc. that put up oodles of YAC does not make a great NFL QB IMO.

The kid may prove to be very good in the PROs -- but it won't be because of his arm.

I mean if you compare him straight up to Herbert it's literally no contest when it comes to arm talent.

So you and everyone else who is 100% sold on Tua are banking on his college "game" translating to the PROs.

I just don't see that as clearly as others do. He's not going to have the decisive talent advantage around him and

his RBs and receivers are not going to get 250+ YAC routinely every game. He's small framed and lacks a arm strength.

So you're banking on his anticipation and accuracy to offset his rather obvious limitations. I get that.

But again, IMO that does not make him some kind of ready made super star. There are legit questions IMV.

But hey -- I reserve the right to be wrong!

:lol:

Sure, nice pass. But that ball had a lot more arc on it than what I'm talking about.

If that's his max velocity then I'm not impressed. All the dinky quick slants and dumps to backs

etc. that put up oodles of YAC does not make a great NFL QB IMO.

The kid may prove to be very good in the PROs -- but it won't be because of his arm.

I mean if you compare him straight up to Herbert it's literally no contest when it comes to arm talent.

So you and everyone else who is 100% sold on Tua are banking on his college "game" translating to the PROs.

I just don't see that as clearly as others do. He's not going to have the decisive talent advantage around him and

his RBs and receivers are not going to get 250+ YAC routinely every game. He's small framed and lacks a arm strength.

So you're banking on his anticipation and accuracy to offset his rather obvious limitations. I get that.

But again, IMO that does not make him some kind of ready made super star. There are legit questions IMV.

But hey -- I reserve the right to be wrong!

:lol:

You’re already wrong and have been all along.

Nothing but a bunch of biased, exaggerated, non-accurate bullsh^t.

Everyone understands you and all the Joel Klatt wannabe Brutus Buckeye Blowboys don’t like Tua and exaggerate everything about him.

If he was anywhere except Bama you’d all be sucking him off.

Hopefully for Tua’s sake the fraud making the picks thinks like you and he’s spared having to endure the Dolphins oline and organization.

You’re already wrong and have been all along.

Nothing but a bunch of biased, exaggerated, non-accurate bullsh^t.

Everyone understands you and all the Joel Klatt wannabe Brutus Buckeye Blowboys don’t like Tua and exaggerate everything about him.

If he was anywhere except Bama you’d all be sucking him off.

Hopefully for Tua’s sake the fraud making the picks thinks like you and he’s spared having to endure the Dolphins oline and organization.

Talk to Mommy.jpg

I wouldn’t put it past this dumb ****ing team to pick Young over Tua. I hope it happens.

I wouldn’t put it past this dumb ****ing team to pick Young over Tua. I hope it happens.

Cincinnati will be taking Tua. Hopefully we finish with the 2nd pick of the draft.

Guess I'm riding this train now.

Iffy on Burrow. Don't like Herbert, Fromm, or any other prospects at all really.

We really ****ed ourselves today in true Miami Dolphins fashion. Man, I hate being a Dolphins fan. Most miserable part of my life.

Cincinnati will be taking Tua. Hopefully we finish with the 2nd pick of the draft.
There’s nothing good about that for the Dolphins. Worst case scenario, really. Purged themselves of their best young talent for nothing. :lol:

Young: bad hip rotation and unable to "flatten out"...ugh. outside of that I'm not a fan of comparing althlete from college to pros so ain't gonna do it. But on top of the repeated garbage above, there is this constant comparison to the bosas. Again, don't give a ****. Young is by far the best player in this draft. He is about as close to a lock in the NFL game as one can come. I believe he is going to dominate. I feel there are several qbs worth consideration but he is the top of this year's draft.

Young: bad hip rotation and unable to "flatten out"...ugh. outside of that I'm not a fan of comparing althlete from college to pros so ain't gonna do it. But on top of the repeated garbage above, there is this constant comparison to the bosas. Again, don't give a ****. Young is by far the best player in this draft. He is about as close to a lock in the NFL game as one can come. I believe he is going to dominate. I feel there are several qbs worth consideration but he is the top of this year's draft.

Yep, all that.:cheers:

The Bama girls are still mad Zeke ran all over them.

Back
Top Bottom