Chase Young with 1st pick | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase Young with 1st pick

Here's a short evaluation by Urban Meyer and Gerry Dinardo. Great point regarding CY2's ability to keep from getting too far up field on his pass rush.

Im as big a Chase Young fan as any but I’d be stunned if that’s the pick. It’s just not the Patriot way. But I’d be very happy to have Young and Burrow in the first round.

Im as big a Chase Young fan as any but I’d be stunned if that’s the pick. It’s just not the Patriot way. But I’d be very happy to have Young and Burrow in the first round.
Wishful thinking...

I've done 10 one rounders on the Draft Network and Young always goes to either the Jets or the Falcons...picking 2&3. Burrow is there for us. Where is gets sticky is at 17 (projected Steelers pick.

FWIW, I know mock drafts don't mean anything right now but I look to see where the "projections" are. I looked at tankathon and right now it has Burrow to us at 4 then Ruggs at 17 and Adebo at 25 but CJ Henderson is there at 17 so all I'm saying a corner could be where the value is at that point. Of course I'm still rooting for Pitt to start losing games. Would love for that pick to be top 15.

Actually with the players on that board still there I'd take Henderson at 17 and Biadasz at 25

since you’re not a Dolphins fan why not disappear?

When the time is right - the time isn't right just yet. You just sit there and wait for your little 'buckeyes' to drop while grown folks are talking.

Besides, you wouldn't be able to follow me around and be a little troll like Joel Klatt if I disappeared. Right now the brutus buckeye burrow blowboy brigade is just too much fun.

:lol:

You know I’m good with it - he’s my quarterback no matter what.

You’re still stuck being a Dolphins fan and a Grier apologist no matter what happens.

:lol:

Something tells me that if Tua lands at Fins a small bit of you will support us

The reality is that’s chase young is by far the best player in this years draft. He’s Played his position better than any other college player this year including all QBs. He is a once in a generation player for his position.

Important to note that Bama have a really talented off line and I’m pretty sure I read when Tua was injured Bama won comfortably with his back up. I think Jeudy (autocorrect tried to go with Jesus ....) will also be a very special player and Ruggs won’t be far away from him. Tua is assisted by this unit and he is also a special talent no doubt but with that fins off line, if it isn’t improved significantly, Tua won’t be carrying that team on his own.

The casing point is DM, my hero. If a a baller ever deserved a SB ring it was him. Why didn’t he get the ring. He had a couple of decent receivers but our DEF was so bad on so many occasions, allowing teams to easily convert third downs in crucial game defining moments against us.

now the man I dislike the most, Montana, his coach said he wished his QB had an arm like DM. Who won the rings? SF had a good solid def qnd a good off and jerry rice.

I’m not saying Tua is more like Montana but he defo is not going to be a Marino.

So, Chase Young, he doesn’t rely on other people and still gets his job done, with style. It’s a no brainier. We need a top def and if a once in a generation player turn s up, whether he is a QB or not, we have to take him if we have the pick to do so. Tua May become a worldie but Chase young definitely will be. Young first if we can get him. Then a QB if one of potential is still available with our second pick.

The reality is that’s chase young is by far the best player in this years draft. He’s Played his position better than any other college player this year including all QBs. He is a once in a generation player for his position.

Important to note that Bama have a really talented off line and I’m pretty sure I read when Tua was injured Bama won comfortably with his back up. I think Jeudy (autocorrect tried to go with Jesus ....) will also be a very special player and Ruggs won’t be far away from him. Tua is assisted by this unit and he is also a special talent no doubt but with that fins off line, if it isn’t improved significantly, Tua won’t be carrying that team on his own.

The casing point is DM, my hero. If a a baller ever deserved a SB ring it was him. Why didn’t he get the ring. He had a couple of decent receivers but our DEF was so bad on so many occasions, allowing teams to easily convert third downs in crucial game defining moments against us.

now the man I dislike the most, Montana, his coach said he wished his QB had an arm like DM. Who won the rings? SF had a good solid def qnd a good off and jerry rice.

I’m not saying Tua is more like Montana but he defo is not going to be a Marino.

So, Chase Young, he doesn’t rely on other people and still gets his job done, with style. It’s a no brainier. We need a top def and if a once in a generation player turn s up, whether he is a QB or not, we have to take him if we have the pick to do so. Tua May become a worldie but Chase young definitely will be. Young first if we can get him. Then a QB if one of potential is still available with our second pick.

That is not reality. That is fakenews.

What a ridiculous post. You act like Ohio St. doesn't win against Northwestern if Chase Young doesn't play....

Did you ever seen the Dolphins win a game when Marino was out? I did.

Just utter hogwash.

That is not reality. That is fakenews.

What a ridiculous post. You act like Ohio St. doesn't win against Northwestern if Chase Young doesn't play....

Did you ever seen the Dolphins win a game when Marino was out? I did.

Just utter hogwash.

Actually you’re misquoting me Jnr. I said comfortably. I don’t recall too many comfortable wins without Marino.

Are u also saying Tua will be as good as if not better than Marino? If so your Bama caps on too tight. You’re dreaming.

Are you also saying Chase Young isn’t going to be a great player for any NFL team who are lucky to have him? Will Tua win us the SB without a great off line in front him? Can any QB? Which is my point.

Young is a no brainier and unlike yourself I dont have a college bias.

Actually you’re misquoting me Jnr. I said comfortably. I don’t recall too many comfortable wins without Marino.

Are u also saying Tua will be as good as if not better than Marino? If so your Bama caps on too tight. You’re dreaming.

Are you also saying Chase Young isn’t going to be a great player for any NFL team who are lucky to have him? Will Tua win us the SB without a great off line in front him? Can any QB? Which is my point.

Young is a no brainier and unlike yourself I dont have a college bias.

I can recall a lot of wins without Marino. That doesn't mean he wasn't a great player.

Just like it doesn't mean that Tua isn't a great player because Alabama managed to beat a team that hasn't won an SEC game in 2 years without him. It would be the same as Ohio St. beating the worst team in the B1G without Chase Young - which they absolutely would. We're talking about your argument, not mine.

Nobody said Tua was going to be Marino, that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Nobody will ever be Dan Marino. Don't try to be obtuse with me.

What I'm saying has nothing to do with college bias. I'd say it the same way if Tua played anywhere else. I've been doing this a long time and I typically don't have biases when it comes to evaluating individual talent. My history with regards to Alabama players vs talent from other programs speaks for itself.

I don't tout players just because they play for Alabama. You certainly do have a bias noob.

We still got people saying Chase Young needs to be the pick in here? Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Myles Garrett, and Von Miller are on teams with a combined record of 12-22. All of their teams have losing records. It shows the impact that a DE (Or lack there of) has when the QB isnt playing well. Also, we are HOPING that Young is as good as the four mentioned above. Would I I Like to him Young? Sure. Do I think he moves the needle much on this team? not really. We need a QB folks.

We still got people saying Chase Young needs to be the pick in here? Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, Myles Garrett, and Von Miller are on teams with a combined record of 12-22. All of their teams have losing records. It shows the impact that a DE (Or lack there of) has when the QB isnt playing well. Also, we are HOPING that Young is as good as the four mentioned above. Would I I Like to him Young? Sure. Do I think he moves the needle much on this team? not really. We need a QB folks.

I completely agree with you but are any of the available QBs in this years draft nailed on to be a success so much so that we can ignore the obvious top talent who will be tye best in his position, guaranteed, for years to come?

I completely agree with you but are any of the available QBs in this years draft nailed on to be a success so much so that we can ignore the obvious top talent who will be tye best in his position, guaranteed, for years to come?
no such thing as guarantee player at any position.

Back
Top Bottom