Cheer up lads. Here is the good news. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cheer up lads. Here is the good news.

We are doing both.
We didn’t do it last year and it’s not happening this year. Have you not noticed we do things differently now? Well bring in the modest free agent who is a role player. The years of paying the Mario Williams of the world are done. and do you even realize how much capital we have left for free agents???

We didn’t do it last year and it’s not happening this year. Have you not noticed we do things differently now? Well bring in the modest free agent who is a role player. The years of paying the Mario Williams of the world are done. and do you even realize how much capital we have left for free agents???
Uh we didn’t do it last year? Byron Jones, Kyle Van Noy, Shaq Lawson, Ogbah,??? What are you even talking about?

Uh we didn’t do it last year? Byron Jones, Kyle Van Noy, Shaq Lawson, Ogbah,??? What are you even talking about?
Good grief, we didn’t break the bank for any of those guys. I said we brought in “modest” free agents. I wouldnt call that spending money. Even the Jones contract isn’t a back breaker and he’s the highest paid CB. We will be conducting our talent search in our drafts. We don’t even have the money to spend on a killer contract if we wanted right now

We have to trade down and try to pick up Jamar Chase or Davonta Smith, whichever of the two is still there. Maybe we can luck out and get Chase/Waddle, though I'm pretty sure our 1B pick is going to be Creed or some other lineman.

Tua has had time to throw, but he's either hitting receivers in the hands and they're dropping the ball, or dudes are just not getting open. I can't be about getting Penei Sewell unless we're suddenly going to be a vicious smashmouth running team.

It is, but you have to be prepared to pick at 3, becuase you are releying on other teams for senario 1 that can't be counted on. Lets say a trade back in not possible, who do you take at 3?
You frame the question and force people to agree on Sewell.
No, i am not playing that game.

There is always trade down opportunity, just the matter of our asking price. Trade down five spots and take Chase or Smith.

The Oline really struggled these past 4 or 5 games, I don't think people realize we have a significant problem there, take Sewell
Struggle more than our wr corp?
No to Sewell.

I don’t think casual fans appreciate how much better Sewell is than the average 1st round OT prospect. The kid let up 0 sacks and didn’t allow a QB hit or pressure in 9 games last season. Oh yea, he is also a better run blocker than pass blocker so you are getting a 20 year old kid that can do everything. Some of his tape is unreal. His body control, balance and quickness is amazing to watch. Especially when he gets beat and pulls off a crazy move to re-engage his defender you honestly didn’t think was possible.

100% agree with everything you said.

I’ll just add that he is also one nasty MF who tosses opponents to the ground and then hunts for another victim. I have never enjoyed watching an offensive lineman as much as Sewell.

Plug him in on Tua’s blindside, kick Hunt inside and Kindley over to LG and that line can kick ass for years.

I'd trade up to get Lawrence, then promote Tua as the Offensive Coordinator. That way even if Lawrence flames out, we can feel better about firing Tua.

I must admit that Sewell would help the entire offense. We'd have superior pass blocking with Sewell and Kindley on the right side, or Hunt. He also is a massive powerhouse stud in opening up holes in the run game so he effects every play. Sewell then Najee Harris, then double down at wide receiver. Buffalo snagged Diggs in FA, maybe we could find a really high quality receiver in FA also. When I watch the Titans I always notice how vital Derrick Henry is to this team. With all the talk about how this is a passing league what would the Titans be without Henry, not nearly as good imo. So, find a back that can strike fear into our opponents hearts, shore up the o-line and bring in some big, fast receivers who can shake defenders and create separation.

We had a good year but we aren’t nearly good enough, particularly at playmaking positions, including

— an electric receiver
— a slot receiver
— a running back with power who can break tackles and take a workload
— a pass rushing edge rusher who the offense must account for
— a 3 down inside linebacker with agility and speed
— a ball hawking free safety.

What do those six needs have in common? PLAYMAKING. That’s not to say I wouldn’t take another OL or run stiffing DT. But what will move the needle is guys who exert themselves physically.
The one good thing about those deficiencies is it wasn’t possible to fix them all in one year. That though just means they HAVE to fix them before next season begins.

Back
Top Bottom