Chris Simms claims Jarrett Stidham is More Talented than Tua | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Simms claims Jarrett Stidham is More Talented than Tua

Stidham has yet to prove anything, Tua has at least been successful at the college level. Stidham has physical tools, a better arm than Tua, but is that more important than the decision making process that Tua seems to posses? We'll know more at the end of this season.

This is an excellent point, the number one trait you hear about with Tua is his mental twitchiness how quickly he processes and makes decisions. Along with how much information he takes in pre-snap so he can simply react post snap rather than have to read and process the defense.

Physical tools be damned if you don’t have that ability. Ask somebody if they’d rather have Drew Brees who is undersized has a slightly above average arm but all the intangibles and mental ability; or would you rather have Jeff George who is big could throw a football 85 yards, is athletic shifty literally the perfect physical prospect a quarterback but was 5 years old with his attitude and mentality.

Okay can’t leave me hanging dude gotta share the stories now.

Ha Ha. There are 2 stories. This is the less ridiculous one of the 2. Let’s just say.... I basically had to shove him back into his car after he went after a couple guys who were talking **** to him and his girl. Apparently, he was pulling the “Do you know who I am?” Card inside the bar and a bunch of people didn’t really like it. They called him out as a failed backup QB. He took offense to that and decided to go after these 2 guys. So, to save his worthless career, I shoved him back into his car and told him I would take care of the problem for him. I did tell him to use his ****en head and that a bar fight wouldn’t really look good to the execs at One Buc Place. I can say this without equivocation...... He’s not very smart.

I know this is nitpicking, but I cannot STAND his voice. I don’t realize how bad it was until right before the draft

is Chris Simms really qualified to offer a sound opinion ?

View attachment 48502

Sure he is. You don't have to have great NFL stats to have an opinion. There are a lot of fans, columnist and analyst that have opinions that have never took a snap at the position at any level. Doesn't mean his opinion is right. Simms is that guy at the horse track that doesn't pick the 9/5 favorites and always raves about the 15/1 or 20 /1 longer shots. He knows he's going to miss more than he he hits, but just hopes to build a reputation off being right a few times. Also some people like Simms, Omar Kelly too for that matter, are paid to create a buzz not to be right. If he gets in line with the crowd and praises Tua there's little to no buzz there.

Last edited:
Who knew that spleen injury he had caused so much brain damage? Must have been a while without oxygen.

Sure he is. You don't have to have great NFL stats to have an opinion. There are a lot of fans, columnist and analyst that have opinions that have never took a snap at the position at any level. Doesn't mean his opinion is right. Simms is that guy at the horse track that doesn't pick the 9/5 favorites and always raves about the 15/1 or 20 /1 longer shots. He knows he's going to miss more than he he hits, but just hopes to build a reputation off being right a few times. Also some people like Simms, Omar Kelly too, for that matter are paid to create a buzz not to be right. If he gets in line with the crowd and praises Tua there's little to no buzz there.

That is why I said a sound opinion, obviously anyone can have an opinion whether it's right or wrong.

Cant wait til Tua plays just watch this guy backtrack on his comments. Chris Simms analyzes the same way he played QB... poorly.

The guy wouldnt not even have been in the league if it wasn't for riding his father's coattails.

While I take his opinion with a grain of salt. It should be noted that he had Lamar Jackson as his top rated QB in the 2018 draft and Murray as his top rated QB in the 2019 draft. His top rated QB in the 2020 draft was Burrow.
He certainly was better at seeing the upside of Jackson than the teams that bypassed him in the draft before the Ravens drafted him.
Murray and Burrow were pretty much consensus #1 draft picks so it is hard to give Simms credit for stating the obvious on those predictions.

Cant wait til Tua plays just watch this guy backtrack on his comments. Chris Simms analyzes the same way he played QB... poorly.

The guy wouldnt not even have been in the league if it wasn't for riding his father's coattails.

I'm sure he'll say something like "I never said I didn't like Tua, I just said I had more questions/concerns about his odds for NFL success than most. Tua's done a great job answering those questions" He will shift the attention to Tua and deflect the fact that he was wrong.

Last edited:
I'm sure he'll say something like "I never said I didn't like Tua, I just said I had more questions/concerns about his odds for NFL success than most. Tua's done a grat job answering those questions" He will shift the attention to Tua and deflect the fact that he was wrong.
Until Tua actually plays in the NFL, no one really knows if he will have success or not. Like every other player drafted especially in the first round. He was drafted based on his potential and only time will tell if he actually reaches that potential.

I really don’t know what questions Tua has answered yet since he hasn’t even taken a single snap as a Miami Dolphin.

Until Tua actually plays in the NFL, no one really knows if he will have success or not. Like every other player drafted especially in the first round. He was drafted based on his potential and only time will tell if he actually reaches that potential.

I really don’t know what questions Tua has answered yet since he hasn’t even taken a single snap as a Miami Dolphin.

I didn't say Tua has answered any questions, I said that would be Simms response once Tua plays and people question him about his statement.

Back
Top Bottom