Chris Simms ranks Tua the 40th QB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Simms ranks Tua the 40th QB

As stated already, Simms was not a fan of Tua, so this is not surprising, and he is well entitled to his opinion.

Thing is though, like most so called experts in the NFL, he made statements that shows he did not do much work, just went with the general thoughts.

He is injury prone:

No, if he had done some work, he would have seen that it was more bad luck with a sense of not quiting on plays

If Simms had said, Tua has a dangerous mentality of never, ever quiting on a play, and that is going to get him killed, then OK, that is very true, and he is going to have to learn, sometimes there is nothing to be gained by trying to keep a play alive...Throw it away.

He had great talent around him:

This is just a lazy comment, did Simms watch ball placement? Did he not see many of his passes lead the receivers perfectly to make bigger plays? Did he not see Tua more then a few times throw the ball almost blindly as he turned while scrambling or a defensive player was in his face.

I know that most here don't need to look at this video, as I am sure most here have watched these videos of him countless times, but watch some of the TDs this guy throws...Tua is not just accurate, he's precise.

Totally agree with you. And No one ever credits Tua throwing dimes to smaller targets. Jeudy was the tallest at 6'1, other than that the tallest were his TE's . Not an easy task if you ask me, so saying he was accurate is an understatement imo. He didnt have the comfort of throwing jump balls to 6'4 WRs.

Last edited:
If the NFL were to start back to zero and do a re-draft(Every NFL player now becomes draft eligible), where do you think Tua would go? I think this is a much better discussion point than Simms rankings based on who knows what...

Does Tua fall off the top 10?
Interesting premise. I would have to say there are quite a few guys taken before Tua.

Hell, there were 4 guys taken before him in the draft. I realize that is not the same, but it is relevant.

Reading through the butthurt in this thread made me laugh out loud at the childishness expressed herein.

The gall of that awful man! Rating our rookie, never played a down in the NFL QB as ONLY 40th place?

OMFG!!!!

Lol

Totally agree with you. And No one ever credits Tua throwing dimes to smaller targets. Jeudy was the tallest at 6'1, other than that the tallest were his TE's . Not an easy task if you ask me, so saying he was accurate is an understatement imo. He didnt have the comfort of throwing jump balls to 6'4 WRs.

He will have that luxury now in Miami...

DeVante Parker...6'3
Preston Williams..6'5
Allen Hurns...6'3
Isaiah Ford...6'2
Mike Gesicki...6'6

I know there are no sports right now so there isn’t much to talk about. It’s funny when things like this get public attention as if it actually warrants any. If he, Cowherd, Rome, McShay, etc. have any rankings of anyone what difference does it make? We’re grown men here talking about other dudes. It’s completely trivial.

I saw on ESPN they had Tua as the 2nd best young QB in the East behind Donald and he hasn’t played a down yet lol. Fitz is older so he wasn’t included.

I guess he (Tua) didn't do an interview with him and he's (Simms) pissed....40th what a joke.....

Back
Top Bottom