Chris Simms... What a Tool | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Simms... What a Tool

Tua right now ranks about where I ranked Tannehill with him time with the Fins, a middle of the pack QB. I would take 10-15 other QB's other then him but there are about 10-15 other starting QB's that I would not trade him for. Let's see if he can do what Tannehill could not do with the Fins, get into that top 10.
Let's revisit that at the end of this season.

I posted it because day in and day out I just don't understand the hate for this kid. It's not like he's some asshole that has a holier than thou mentality. It just doesn't make sense to me that so many people want him to fail.
It could be his ego.
He makes a prediction and stays with it until there is something else to talk about.
The fact that he was wrong does not seem to have any influence on his follow ups.

Let's revisit that at the end of this season.
Yes, I agree. This based on right now. If you asked me to trade Tua straight up for other QB's in the NFL, there are 10-15 that I would take ahead of him and roughly the same amount that I wouldn't do it for. I believe he has not been supported, but I still don't know what he can do. I saw what he did in Bama, but has the hip injury hurt his strength. There have been some throws this season that looked really good and some that looked really bad.

The problem is people here think Tua can do more because he had bad circumstances and better ones should = better QB.

Im not saying that is wrong btw, it's just not how it works when ranking.

You can't assume a player is better than you've seen them be. Better surroundings dont necessarily = better production. Its possible to be mediocre regardless of cast and until you've seen a player not be mediocre its speculation to rank them higher.

I'd probably rather Tua closer to 20 to 25 currently but i fully understand the logic Simms is using.

In recent days we've seen more attempted media hatchet jobs on Tua by Chris Simms and Skip Bayless. 70 year old Skippy stated that even he can throw a better ball than Tua and that the Dolphins are playoff contenders with any reasonable QB. Chris Simms attacks Tua every 3rd or 4th day, it's become an obsession to him and he clearly wants to see him fail. Yawn.
However, everything we've heard from the Dolphins is that Tua looks physically stronger, more agile and it looks like he's throwing better. Tua is 13 - 8 as a starter. He is now healthier, has a better Offensive line, better RBs to develop the running game, better receivers as weapons (cough Tyreek Hill) and finally has a head coach with a complete offensive philosophy and is not trying to undermine his QB behind the scene. Let's see how it plays out but Chris Simms and Skip Bayless will never admit when they are wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom