Chris Simms... What a Tool | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Simms... What a Tool

Yeah we’ll he’s an idiot. Tuas probably in a cluster between 17-22 area. I find that solid given his oline,rb and wideouts he’s had prior to this year. I’m not sure any qb would of preformed better.

The problem is people here think Tua can do more because he had bad circumstances and better ones should = better QB.

Im not saying that is wrong btw, it's just not how it works when ranking.

You can't assume a player is better than you've seen them be. Better surroundings dont necessarily = better production. Its possible to be mediocre regardless of cast and until you've seen a player not be mediocre its speculation to rank them higher.

I'd probably rather Tua closer to 20 to 25 currently but i fully understand the logic Simms is using.

I'm pretty strongly of the opinion that putting a player in a position to succeed will result in them playing better more often than not. I definitely think it's safer to assume Tua will perform better this year due to better surroundings than to assume he won't.

Always get a kick out of grown men caring so much about what another grown man has to say.

It’ll be okay everyone.

I'm pretty strongly of the opinion that putting a player in a position to succeed will result in them playing better more often than not. I definitely think it's safer to assume Tua will perform better this year due to better surroundings than to assume he won't.

I don't think that's safe at all. If you mean statistically better, sure I'd agree.

When I say better I mean making better reads and hitting throws that are already there, which is how you should be ranking QB not statistics.

lol Tua is top 10 easily
I think he could be this year..... but the last 2 seasons he has not been top 10.

I'd put Tua around 14-18 currently with another offseason, another year removed from the hip injury and the added muscle hes put on, Top 10 is within reach this year for sure.

The Tua hate is frustrating. Nothing we can do about the criticism. We just have to roll with it and ignore it. Everybody is a nobody until they are a somebody, and although not entirely his fault, Tua hasn't done enough yet. Hopefully, he will thrive under McDaniel and prove his doubters wrong with some kickass play this year!
That won't stop the hate...the narrative will just shift to "he's only good now because of McDaniel's system"

Like any QB ever hasn't thrived because they're in the right system

I think he could be this year..... but the last 2 seasons he has not been top 10.

I'd put Tua around 14-18 currently with another offseason, another year removed from the hip injury and the added muscle hes put on, Top 10 is within reach this year for sure.

I think that's also fair. I said 20 to 25 because in my opinion after about the top 12 or so it's a lot of similar players who succeed in different situations, there's a massive lump of them that Tua hasn't necessarily shown to be better than but not necessarily much worse either. 25 I probably too low though. So I'll change mine to 18-22 or so.

Here's what Simms thought before the 2019 season:

He thought Cam Newton was better than Tom Brady and Drew Brees.
His 33rd ranked QB ended up being the 2019 Comeback Player of the Year Ryan Tannehill
He thought the guy Tannehill replaced (Mariota) was better than 2019 MVP Lamar Jackson.
He thought that Case Keenum, Andy Dalton and Joe Flacco were better than Lamar, too.

Here's the one that really cracks me up. He thought that this one guy was better than Jackson, Tannehill, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, and Ryan Fitzpatrick. That guy? Nick Foles.

Anyone with more experience than playing Madden knew that Nick Foles was a system QB, and I LIKE Nick Foles. I think Nick Foles is in the best possible spot for him in 2022. But about two months before the 2019 season, Chris Simms ranked Foles in the top half of all NFL QB. Nick Foles went on to throw 14 touchdowns. Not in 2019...in the entirety of his career since.

We shouldn't be complaining that Chris Simms doesn't like Tua. We should be celebrating.
But but but...the Bills fan said he is the BEST QB guy around...he must have been using Florio's info sheet with those rankings you mentioned...couldn't have been the QB wizard!!!

If you don’t like his stuff don’t read or watch it. No one strapping you in front of a screen and taping your eyes open. As wrong as he may be he is entitled to his opinion just as much as we are ours.

QBs obviously better than Tua:
Mahomes
Allen
Rodgers
Brady
Murray
Burrow
Herbert
Murray
Wilson
Stafford

That's 10. Which other QBs would you take for Tua straight up in a trade?

Back
Top Bottom