Christian Wilkins is back! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Christian Wilkins is back!

You need to remember brother to his defense he has several injuries he was fighting.
I'm just being critical...somewhat constructively. He a good player. He's just wasn't playing like a good player.

It doesn't discount that he was being abused by the LG.

You could see that hip is really hampering him.

Every time he gimped to the sideline I wondered if that was the last time we'd see him on the field.

The fact that he's still out there tells you the state of our LB group.
I'm not saying that R.McMillian was the answer.
But you're going to have a hard time convincing me that our current group brings more than he did.

Based on what i've seen to date there's nt question he was and would still be our best run stopping LB.
We don't have any quality starting LBs on this roster none...E.Roberts has no business being on the field...none!

Last edited:
I'm not sure that Roberts isn't our hardest hitting LBer. I've seen him totally smash guys into next week. I said who the hell is 44, he just about killed the guy! We need his physicality in there imo until someone else shows that he's the guy. Baker has been up and down this year so we may have to think about a LBer high up in the draft. We need an enforcer type. Let's draft a Ray Lewis type of LBer, there must be a guy out there that could come in and be great for us.

We have some pieces at LBer going forward. I love Van Noy but he's been hurt. Baker has been up and down this year. Roberts can hit hard but may be a liability elsewhere, Grugier-Hill is jag, same with Sam E. and Biegel is on IR. A guy I love is Andrew Van Ginkle, that kid is a keeper with a nose for the ball.

I'm not sure that Roberts isn't our hardest hitting LBer. I've seen him totally smash guys into next week. I said who the hell is 44, he just about killed the guy! We need his physicality in there imo until someone else shows that he's the guy. Baker has been up and down this year so we may have to think about a LBer high up in the draft. We need an enforcer type. Let's draft a Ray Lewis type of LBer, there must be a guy out there that could come in and be great for us.

We have some pieces at LBer going forward. I love Van Noy but he's been hurt. Baker has been up and down this year. Roberts can hit hard but may be a liability elsewhere, Grugier-Hill is jag, same with Sam E. and Biegel is on IR. A guy I love is Andrew Van Ginkle, that kid is a keeper with a nose for the ball.

You keep on talking about hitting hard and sure that's nice. But, he only hits "Hard" when the play is coming straight at him.
Give me the LB that can read before the snap, call line shifts, anticipate, shed, and make a clean tackle.
Hell he can't even tackle in the open field. How many times this season has he looked silly trying to do that?

You gave me 1 thing he does well and i've given you 5-6 things he doesn't do well.

ANUfan, I agree with you and even stated that he may be a liability elsewhere. Now that you mention it there were plays on the edge where he couldn't make a big tackle and cost us dearly. I don't know if he's keeper going forward, Van Noy, Van Ginkle and Baker will all be on the team next year. I'm not sure about anyone else. Roberts did have some great hits this season but as you said they were plays that were coming straight at him. I believe Van Noy is calling shifts etc. and playing the Mike role, I guess Roberts is a limited thumper. We need help at LBer.

Probably need to Deiter to see if he ever going to "bite" or if destined to have a career in GB or Denver like many or our cast offs seem to have.
I think they need to get Deiter some game time action to see what they have in him, as this will affect the offensive line plans in the offseason.

The fact that he's still out there tells you the state of our LB group.
I'm not saying that R.McMillian was the answer.

But you're going to have a hard time convincing me that our current group brings more than he did.

Based on what i've seen to date there's nt question he was and would still be our best run stopping LB.
We don't have any quality starting LBs on this roster none...E.Roberts has no business being on the field...none!

I remember years ago there was a LB with a broken leg. Almost healed, but still in a cast. Still, he started. Even back then, my response was 'a guy in a leg cast is better than the backup?'

Back
Top Bottom