Circus Continues in JETS Land | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Circus Continues in JETS Land

It wasn't, he was a rookie and he played really well in postseason.

2009: good for a rookie
2010: top 10ish good
2011: middle of the pack
2012: possibly worst QB in league.

I never ever thought I'd see this. Is the world ending? Did hell freeze over? What happened that I missed?

2009: 12 TDs and 20 INTs is good for a rookie? Tell Griffin III, Luck, and Wilson that. Hell Tannehill's stats were better and his best WR was Hartline (w/ 1 whole TD).
2010: Top 10 good yet the 50th ranked QB via QBR. Granted you can take away 10-15 QBs who threw less passes like Stafford, Pennington, Vince Young, Chase Daniel, Rex Grossman, Steven McGee but there's no chance he was Top 10. In your bizarro world sure.
2011: TDs and INT ratio was a good ratio to have. Passing % was 51st in the league (again take away 10-15 QBs/WRs but hes still bottom of the league). 4th most INT in league. Best QBR of his career and he still comes in 40th in the league. 26 total turnovers is BAD.
2012: You said worst QB in league and I won't disagree. 2nd worst QBR in career, 26 more turnovers.

I hope he remains with the Jets. You cling to his first two years as if they negate the last two. That works for those other teams in the AFC.

those guys took it to another level but last I checked he won more postseason games in his rookie year than those 3 combined and all of them made it to postseason. His #s were skewed b/c of 3-4 really bad games where most of his INTs came from.

We don't judge QBs based on QB ratings and he wasn't anywhere near 50th.

Name 10 better QBs that year?

you keep posting blind #s, it's about much more than that. all time passer rating tells me Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Chad pennington, daunte Culpepper and Jeff Garcia were better than Dan Marino. My eyes that saw all those guys play knows none of those guys were half the QBs Dan was.

Come on Phinz, you should know better. Numbers are nothing but the work of media looking to conspire against the Jets to make them look bad.

Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

Another great post, you add so much to these discussions!

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

I never ever thought I'd see this. Is the world ending? Did hell freeze over? What happened that I missed?

what is your question?

3147cxk-1.jpg
I have never seen a bigger excuse maker in my life. On one hand you will celebrate the 2008 phins despite playing an incredibly weak sched w/ nothing but dead teams late in the year but you will bash the Jets for taking advantage of a qtr and a half of Indy backups.

YOur excuse is that in 2 different games with the Colts starters leading when playing, things might have worked out differently.

That's what we get when dealing w/ an excuse making homer. A man that will defend everything Miami and bash everything NYJ.

Really, when it comes to self-delusion, (and unintentional self parody) Amanda Bynes has nothing on you. Whether it's JT, ZT, the Fins record breaking 08 season (where they won the division despite 3 teams being over .500), Shula's legacy, etc, you interject yourself to **** on anything positive, it never fails.

Sez the oblivious widely perceived blindest homer on 2 different boards . Too ****in funny

11r9645-1.jpg

those guys took it to another level but last I checked he won more postseason games in his rookie year than those 3 combined and all of them made it to postseason. His #s were skewed b/c of 3-4 really bad games where most of his INTs came from.

So Sanchez is better than Griffin III, Luck, and Wilson? That's fantastic to hear.

We don't judge QBs based on QB ratings and he wasn't anywhere near 50th.

Read what I said. Overall he was 50th but you take out 10-15 players b/c of less pass attempts and he's at the bottom. Learn to read as you tell all of us.

Name 10 better QBs that year?

Everyone above him statistically.

you keep posting blind #s

What I'm posting is reality. You know, the thing you apparently are always in. Because they ruin your argument that Sanchez only had 1 bad year out of 4 doesn't make reality blind.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Another great post, you add so much to these discussions!

Why add anything to the discussion? I took the time out of my day to do a little research and post facts yet it's all bull**** b/c you find every reason under the sun to make it seem like I'm wrong.

His #s were skewed b/c of 3-4 really bad games where most of his INTs came from.

2 games with 3 INTs, 1 with 4 INTs and 1 with 5 INTs. Well done.

5 games where he doesn't throw any TDs. 4 games where he had less than 10 completions. 8 games with a rating under 80. 4 games with over 200 passing yds. None over 300.

So you have a guy who has in 3 seasons (not counting 2010) where he commits 23, 26, and 26 turnovers yet he farts gold b/c they went to the AFCCG twice.

Rinse and repeat your line of reasoning.

2 games with 3 INTs, 1 with 4 INTs and 1 with 5 INTs. Well done.

5 games where he doesn't throw any TDs. 4 games where he had less than 10 completions. 8 games with a rating under 80. 4 games with over 200 passing yds. None over 300.

So you have a guy who has in 3 seasons (not counting 2010) where he commits 23, 26, and 26 turnovers yet he farts gold b/c they went to the AFCCG twice.

Rinse and repeat your line of reasoning.

you don't win 4 road playoff games w/ poor QB play, he was up and down as a rookie but played really well in postseason.

he was mostly very good in 2010 and again played very well in postseason

He was mostly good in 2011, a lot of TOs(some his fault, some not) but he also accounted for the most TDs by a QB in Jets history.

The bottom line is you don't win 4 road games w/o quality QB play no matter how many excuses you make.

So Sanchez is better than Griffin III, Luck, and Wilson? That's fantastic to hear.

Read what I said. Overall he was 50th but you take out 10-15 players b/c of less pass attempts and he's at the bottom. Learn to read as you tell all of us.

Everyone above him statistically.

What I'm posting is reality. You know, the thing you apparently are always in. Because they ruin your argument that Sanchez only had 1 bad year out of 4 doesn't make reality blind.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Why add anything to the discussion? I took the time out of my day to do a little research and post facts yet it's all bull**** b/c you find every reason under the sun to make it seem like I'm wrong.

Nope but he played better in january when it matters most.

No, overall he was 27th and was much better than that. I asked you to name 10-12 better QBs, vaark tried and Sanchez came out 15th and w/ his bias that is like 7th or 8th to an objective fan.

Statistics are PART of the evaluation, we don't evaluate strictly based on blind #s.

That last line wasn't about you, that was about shifty.

No, overall he was 27th and was much better than that. I asked you to name 10-12 better QBs, vaark tried and Sanchez came out 15th and w/ his bias that is like 7th or 8th to an objective fan.

Statistics are PART of the evaluation, we don't evaluate strictly based on blind #s.

Everytime Shifty posts I get reminded to not go to the library without my shotgun. That has some value to me.

I know it was but it applies to all of us. None of what anyone here says makes a difference with you.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

I said all of the QBs above him. That was more than 10-12.

Statistics tell the story that he turns the ball over too much and he's soon going to be replaced by Geno Smith. Keep up your "blind numbers" bull****. It makes you look awesome.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

No, overall he was 27th and was much better than that.

This is why you shouldn't be taken seriously (if you even are). You admit he was 27th ranked overall but he was better than that.

If he's better than that why is he ranked 27th?

I know it was but it applies to all of us. None of what anyone here says makes a difference with you.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

I said all of the QBs above him. That was more than 10-12.

Statistics tell the story that he turns the ball over too much and he's soon going to be replaced by Geno Smith. Keep up your "blind numbers" bull****. It makes you look awesome.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

This is why you shouldn't be taken seriously (if you even are). You admit he was 27th ranked overall but he was better than that.

If he's better than that why is he ranked 27th?

Give me reasons why? don't just list them or give me blind rankings. tell me why they were better?

the rankings are based on QB ratings. AGAIN, Chad Pennington, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, etc... have higher career ratings than DAN MARINO. Doesn't that tell us enough not to evaluate based strictly on rating? Don't take me seriously, that is YOUR loss not mine.

Give me reasons why? don't just list them or give me blind rankings. tell me why they were better?

the rankings are based on QB ratings. AGAIN, Chad Pennington, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, etc... have higher career ratings than DAN MARINO. Doesn't that tell us enough not to evaluate based strictly on rating? Don't take me seriously, that is YOUR loss not mine.

You want people to take you seriously but none do...why do you think so many have your quotes in their sig's? You are now even being called a paid poster over on TGG...BTW none of the QB's you put above have broken any of Marino's records that I know of...keep up the spin...

You want people to take you seriously but none do...why do you think so many have your quotes in their sig's? You are now even being called a paid poster over on TGG...BTW none of the QB's you put above have broken any of Marino's records that I know of...keep up the spin...

I don't worry about the average fans that don't know much, you guys can have your fun. If the knowledgeable folks bash me it would bother me a little bit but that doesn't happen.

Basic reading would solve all of this nonsense. You completely missed the marino point, have someone read and explain it to you.

The QBs with better stats are better QBs. Here is every QB with a better rating than Sanchez in 2010 from the TOP:

Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Aaron Rodgers
Michael Vick
Ben Roethlisberger
Josh Freeman
Joe Flacco
Matt Cassel
Matt Schaub
Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
David Garrard
Jon Kitna
Kyle Orton
Jay Cutler
Eli Manning
Jason Campbell
Carson Palmer
Kerry Collins
Alex Smith
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Shaun Hill
Donovan McNabb
Sam Bradford
Chad Henne

Sanchez wasn't in the Top 10-12 of any category that QBs earn. To you he's a Top 10-12 QB b/c of what happened in the postseason. Here are his stats in the playoffs:

vs. Ind - 18 for 31 189 yds 0 TD 1 INT 1 sack 62.4 rating - If Chad Henne ever made the playoffs that would be his sort of stat line
vs. NE - 16 for 25 194 yds 3 TDs 0 INT 0 sack 127.3 rating - Now THIS is a good game for once. Having a good game doesn't take the stink out of an average career.
vs. Pit - 20 for 33 233 yds 2 TDs 0 INT 2 sacks 1 fumble loss that was returned for TD 102.2 rating - Down 24-3 at halftime and down by 12 with 7:34 to play. They score a TD late and then can't finish.

And this team was elite apparently.....explains why they couldn't finish on top huh?

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

I don't worry about the average fans that don't know much, you guys can have your fun. If the knowledgeable folks bash me it would bother me a little bit but that doesn't happen.

Basic reading would solve all of this nonsense. You completely missed the marino point, have someone read and explain it to you.

Who is knowledgeable to you? You've called out pretty much anyone who has commented on your opinions as average.

The QBs with better stats are better QBs.

I am not sure there is a need to respond based on this comment.

Wow! just wow! and people get upset when I call them average fans.

Back
Top Bottom