Circus Continues in JETS Land | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Circus Continues in JETS Land

I'm sorry, TECHNICALLY you said they would appear in the Superbowl but I'm guessing since you felt a need to correct me in your fantasy they wouldn't win. My mistake it was an honest one.

mark has proven to be an excellent postseason QB, we had some good teams in the 80s that were derailed by poor QB play in those games, I'm pretty confident if we got the same production mark gave us in '09/'10 we would have made at least one SB.

500ac3-1.jpg

The reality is that they would have won more if

a)late in the season, at a mediocre 7-7, having lost a must win game at home to the already-eliminated Atlanta Falcons, Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell decided that resting and protecting their starters by pulling them with a lead, was more important going into the playoffs than a perceived meaningless game and a perfect record through 14 games. Of course that was born out when the starters outscored the jest 24-0 when it mattered, in the last 31 minutes of the playoff game

b)faced a team whose league leading kicker choked on 2 gimme's (36 and 40yds) and their RB broke a 53 yard TD run to eke out a 3 pt win despite their own QB crapping the bed with a 60QBR, 101 yds, 12-23 and the fortune that their own kicker hit a 46yder, from a position where the QB didn't do them any favors

c)faced an already dead playoff team that going into the playoffs was playing at a .500 clip over the last 4 regular seasons games was 1-3, being outscored 51-104 (that victory against a 4 win KC).

You realize he's never going to budge right? Not sure why you keep bringing up **** that happened 4 years ago.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

mark has proven to be an excellent postseason QB, we had some good teams in the 80s that were derailed by poor QB play in those games, I'm pretty confident if we got the same production mark gave us in '09/'10 we would have made at least one SB.

Not reality here.

You realize he's never going to budge right? Not sure why you keep bringing up **** that happened 4 years ago.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Not reality here.

Only because he basis team and QB "success" based on that illusion of a team. You can't bring up Mark MacGwire's breaking the HR record without bringing up steroids. Same difference here as there's have been no post season if Bill Polian hadn't taken the jest so lightly and felt the game so meaningless (as the playoff game more than underscored.). For the record, you may have noticed I never condemned 2010, although they beat a shaky Brady coming back in his second game after having almost lost to Buffalo in game 1. So I do give credit where do, but will argue arduously and correctly where it's anything other than smoke and mirrors.

I have never seen a bigger excuse maker in my life. On one hand you will celebrate the 2008 phins despite playing an incredibly weak sched w/ nothing but dead teams late in the year but you will bash the Jets for taking advantage of a qtr and a half of Indy backups. That's what we get when dealing w/ an excuse making homer. A man that will defend everything Miami and bash everything NYJ.

Only because he basis team and QB "success" based on that illusion of a team. You can't bring up Mark MacGwire's breaking the HR record without bringing up steroids. Same difference here as there's have been no post season if Bill Polian hadn't taken the jest so lightly and felt the game so meaningless (as the playoff game more than underscored.). For the record, you may have noticed I never condemned 2010, although they beat a shaky Brady coming back in his second game after having almost lost to Buffalo in game 1. So I do give credit where do, but will argue arduously and correctly where it's anything other than smoke and mirrors.

I hate it when people try and diminish how playoff games are won. Phil Jackson said to asterisk the Spurs 99 title b/c of the lockout. I don't remember anyone saying anything about the Heat's title last year after the lockout. If Miami wins it again this year I guarantee people will talk **** about it b/c they played an 8 games under .500 Bucks team, a Rose-less Bulls team, an inexperienced Indiana team and a "too old" Spurs team. Now for the Spurs, they got in b/c the Lakers were hurt, Golden State was young and Memphis just played bad. Yada yada yada.

So the Colts laid down, the Jets still have to win the game. We've seen backups play well. The Jets did something in B2B years the Dolphins haven't in 40 years. That mini-run by New York is to be commended no matter how it happened.

On the flip side, I disagree with Junc on Sanchez, by far. To be so hellbent on remaining in Sanchez's corner with 2,500 excuses as to why he hasn't done well lately is peculiar to me.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

I have never seen a bigger excuse maker in my life. On one hand you will celebrate the 2008 phins despite playing an incredibly weak sched w/ nothing but dead teams late in the year but you will bash the Jets for taking advantage of a qtr and a half of Indy backups. That's what we get when dealing w/ an excuse making homer. A man that will defend everything Miami and bash everything NYJ.

So they won the division in 2008. Who gives a ****? The point of football isn't to do just that.

I hate it when people try and diminish how playoff games are won. Phil Jackson said to asterisk the Spurs 99 title b/c of the lockout. I don't remember anyone saying anything about the Heat's title last year after the lockout. If Miami wins it again this year I guarantee people will talk **** about it b/c they played an 8 games under .500 Bucks team, a Rose-less Bulls team, an inexperienced Indiana team and a "too old" Spurs team. Now for the Spurs, they got in b/c the Lakers were hurt, Golden State was young and Memphis just played bad. Yada yada yada.

So the Colts laid down, the Jets still have to win the game. We've seen backups play well. The Jets did something in B2B years the Dolphins haven't in 40 years. That mini-run by New York is to be commended no matter how it happened.

On the flip side, I disagree with Junc on Sanchez, by far. To be so hellbent on remaining in Sanchez's corner with 2,500 excuses as to why he hasn't done well lately is peculiar to me.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

So they won the division in 2008. Who gives a ****? The point of football isn't to do just that.

Sorry, but there's a difference between injuries which are part of the game (hell when Indy that year kept their starters in in the PO, they still outscored the jest 24-0 in the last 31 minutes with 2 of their 3 best defensive players either out or hobbled) vs having a team take you so lightly that they made a conscious effort to lay down by removing ALL their starters. Of course that decision was born out 3 games later. Do you really think Marfk McGwire and Sammy Sosa are better home run hitters than Hank Aaron and even Roger Maris? If he'd admit that the Colts in the playoffs proved that the jest that year were a mediocre team, who under normal circumstances didn't deserve to get into the playoffs, and then got on a 2 game roll (regardless of their opponents' shortcomings) and essentially drew the lucky straw, maybe I couldn't call out the baloney. But when 09 is cobbled together with 11 to assert an "Elite" run, someone' not wearing homervision goggles has gotta be objective here. :idk:

Sanchez doing well in the 09 postseason is like an a kid doing away with his parents and then claiming the inheritance.

My point is he wastes his time whining about a break the Jets got and yet doesn't say a word about 2008. Both teams took advantage of breaks, that's what good teams do.

I don't offer excuses on Mark, I deal in reality. He's had one bad season and in that season had awful healthy talent where no QB would have succeeded.

My point is he wastes his time whining about a break the Jets got and yet doesn't say a word about 2008. Both teams took advantage of breaks, that's what good teams do.

I don't offer excuses on Mark, I deal in reality. He's had one bad season and in that season had awful healthy talent where no QB would have succeeded.

His 12 TD 20 INT rookie year wasn't a bad season? Now I know you're going to say "Well they went to the AFCCG game" but that doesn't mean his year was the opposite of bad. 1 more INT than TD in his career and a QBR around 70 yet he's only had 1 bad season out of 4?

Getting to the AFCCG as the QB doesn't mask his all-around averageness. If he's not bad why didn't they get to and win the SB in 2009 and 2010? They had "healthy" weapons then right?

Sorry, but there's a difference between injuries which are part of the game (hell when Indy that year kept their starters in in the PO, they still outscored the jest 24-0 in the last 31 minutes with 2 of their 3 best defensive players either out or hobbled) vs having a team take you so lightly that they made a conscious effort to lay down by removing ALL their starters. Of course that decision was born out 3 games later. Do you really think Marfk McGwire and Sammy Sosa are better home run hitters than Hank Aaron and even Roger Maris? If he'd admit that the Colts in the playoffs proved that the jest that year were a mediocre team, who under normal circumstances didn't deserve to get into the playoffs, and then got on a 2 game roll (regardless of their opponents' shortcomings) and essentially drew the lucky straw, maybe I couldn't call out the baloney. But when 09 is cobbled together with 11 to assert an "Elite" run, someone' not wearing homervision goggles has gotta be objective here. :idk:

Sanchez doing well in the 09 postseason is like an a kid doing away with his parents and then claiming the inheritance.

Comparing Hank Aaron and Roger Maris to McGwire and Sosa isn't fair b/c the times were different. I don't agree with calling individual players the best of all time either. How can you compare a player in the 80s to someone in the 60s? Or someone in the 00s to a guy who played 20 or 30 years prior? It isn't right IMO.

His 12 TD 20 INT rookie year wasn't a bad season? Now I know you're going to say "Well they went to the AFCCG game" but that doesn't mean his year was the opposite of bad. 1 more INT than TD in his career and a QBR around 70 yet he's only had 1 bad season out of 4?

Getting to the AFCCG as the QB doesn't mask his all-around averageness. If he's not bad why didn't they get to and win the SB in 2009 and 2010? They had "healthy" weapons then right?

It wasn't, he was a rookie and he played really well in postseason.

2009: good for a rookie
2010: top 10ish good
2011: middle of the pack
2012: possibly worst QB in league.

We lost both title games b/c of the failures of the defense. In 2011 the "elite" Eli manning led his O to 17 pts in regulation(needing a TO deep in SF territory for one of his TDs) and NYG won in OT, mark led his O's to 17 pts each time and never got to OT.

We lost both title games b/c of the failures of the defense. In 2011 the "elite" Eli manning led his O to 17 pts in regulation(needing a TO deep in SF territory for one of his TDs) and NYG won in OT, mark led his O's to 17 pts each time and never got to OT.

Only one bad season, yet he has only won more than 8 regular season games 1 time out of 4 seasons. :ponder:

2009: 12 TDs and 20 INTs is good for a rookie? Tell Griffin III, Luck, and Wilson that. Hell Tannehill's stats were better and his best WR was Hartline (w/ 1 whole TD).
2010: Top 10 good yet the 50th ranked QB via QBR. Granted you can take away 10-15 QBs who threw less passes like Stafford, Pennington, Vince Young, Chase Daniel, Rex Grossman, Steven McGee but there's no chance he was Top 10. In your bizarro world sure.
2011: TDs and INT ratio was a good ratio to have. Passing % was 51st in the league (again take away 10-15 QBs/WRs but hes still bottom of the league). 4th most INT in league. Best QBR of his career and he still comes in 40th in the league. 26 total turnovers is BAD.
2012: You said worst QB in league and I won't disagree. 2nd worst QBR in career, 26 more turnovers.

I hope he remains with the Jets. You cling to his first two years as if they negate the last two. That works for those other teams in the AFC.

2009: 12 TDs and 20 INTs is good for a rookie? Tell Griffin III, Luck, and Wilson that. Hell Tannehill's stats were better and his best WR was Hartline (w/ 1 whole TD).
2010: Top 10 good yet the 50th ranked QB via QBR. Granted you can take away 10-15 QBs who threw less passes like Stafford, Pennington, Vince Young, Chase Daniel, Rex Grossman, Steven McGee but there's no chance he was Top 10. In your bizarro world sure.
2011: TDs and INT ratio was a good ratio to have. Passing % was 51st in the league (again take away 10-15 QBs/WRs but hes still bottom of the league). 4th most INT in league. Best QBR of his career and he still comes in 40th in the league. 26 total turnovers is BAD.
2012: You said worst QB in league and I won't disagree. 2nd worst QBR in career, 26 more turnovers.

I hope he remains with the Jets. You cling to his first two years as if they negate the last two. That works for those other teams in the AFC.

Come on Phinz, you should know better. Numbers are nothing but the work of media looking to conspire against the Jets to make them look bad.

Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

Despite crappy stats, Sanchez played decently in 2010; he was the weak link on his team in '09 and '11. In '12, his team proved as weak as him and verified that he is not a QB who can ever carry his team. Regarding having the worst stats as a starter since JaMarcus Russell: "if it walks, quacks and looks like a duck... it's gonna look like a swan only to someone emotionally afflicted with homer vision cataracts. :up:

The major difference between Rex Grossman and Mark Sadsackchez is that Rex has shown he can win Divisional and Conference titles... so the nod goes to him.

333ga42-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom