Circus Continues in JETS Land | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Circus Continues in JETS Land

A 25 year old running back and a 5th round wideout/returner are building blocks for the Jets? I am absolutely down with that. 100% approve.

Junc, i agree with you. The Jets will be competitive. Defensively, they have enough talent to keep games close. Even Sanchez has shown he can occasionally slip in a win when that defense is firing on all cylinders. And that means you are married to Geno Smith and/or Mark Sanchez for at least 3 years. By the time it becomes apparent that Geno isnt a franchise quarterback(which he isnt, as youve previously suggested), Cromartie will be 32, Ferguson will be 32 turning 33 during that following season, Holmes will be 32, and Mangold will be 32. Its safe to say those careers will be winding down.
Oh, and the best part of your defense will be gone. 0 chance Rex Ryan lives through 3 "competitive" seasons. Im not convinced he can make it out of this season with his job. Your next coach/staff might be as good a defensive mind as he is but the odds are stacked against you.

During those 3 seasons you could very well draft franchise cornerstone or, at least, "building blocks" in the meantime. But its doubtful you'll have the ammunition you had this last draft and, if your to be believed, your team wont be picking higher then they were this past draft. And if this last draft was any indication, ill say it again: the odds are stacked against you acquiring the talent you need.

And yes yes yes, i know, Miami "(insert straw man argument)". Consider my experience a guiding light. Miami fans know exactly what its like to rely on 2nd round quarterbacks. Suffice it to say, it didnt work.

clear.gif

A 25 year old running back and a 5th round wideout/returner are building blocks for the Jets? I am absolutely down with that. 100% approve.

Junc, i agree with you. The Jets will be competitive. Defensively, they have enough talent to keep games close. Even Sanchez has shown he can occasionally slip in a win when that defense is firing on all cylinders. And that means you are married to Geno Smith and/or Mark Sanchez for at least 3 years. By the time it becomes apparent that Geno isnt a franchise quarterback(which he isnt, as youve previously suggested), Cromartie will be 32, Ferguson will be 32 turning 33 during that following season, Holmes will be 32, and Mangold will be 32. Its safe to say those careers will be winding down.
Oh, and the best part of your defense will be gone. 0 chance Rex Ryan lives through 3 "competitive" seasons. Im not convinced he can make it out of this season with his job. Your next coach/staff might be as good a defensive mind as he is but the odds are stacked against you.

During those 3 seasons you could very well draft franchise cornerstone or, at least, "building blocks" in the meantime. But its doubtful you'll have the ammunition you had this last draft and, if your to be believed, your team wont be picking higher then they were this past draft. And if this last draft was any indication, ill say it again: the odds are stacked against you acquiring the talent you need.

And yes yes yes, i know, Miami "(insert straw man argument)". Consider my experience a guiding light. Miami fans know exactly what its like to rely on 2nd round quarterbacks. Suffice it to say, it didnt work.

a 25 year old RB w/ only 256 carries for his career, that's less than a season for a feature back.

Mark has already proven he can win big in this league, Geno needs to prove it(as does your QB). 32 isn't old except for a RB.

so much changes in this league from year to year, it's kind of silly to look 3 years down the road.

Wesley and Lyons: 1 title game app
Mark Sanchez: 2 title game apps

They would have won more if Mark was their QB and would have made at least 1 SB.

If that's not fantasy football then I don't know what is

Yeah, a guy who has the most playoff wins in franchise history w/ all wins coming on the road clearly can't win.

The closest those 2 got was 1982, Richard Todd threw 5 INTs. In 6 playoff games Sanchez has 3 INTs

That 4 playoff win QB is responsible for 52 turnovers the last 2 seasons, one of which will be known historically as the #1 botched play in the NFL. I certainly hope he remains the Jets starter through 2013 though I have my doubts he will.

Yeah, a guy who has the most playoff wins in franchise history w/ all wins coming on the road clearly can't win.

The closest those 2 got was 1982, Richard Todd threw 5 INTs. In 6 playoff games Sanchez has 3 INTs

I honestly am beginning to believe you are Mark Sanchez. That has to be the reason you continue to believe he's great.

That 4 playoff win QB is responsible for 52 turnovers the last 2 seasons, one of which will be known historically as the #1 botched play in the NFL. I certainly hope he remains the Jets starter through 2013 though I have my doubts he will.

he also accounted for the most TDs by a QB in jets history 2 years ago.

2012 he was brutal BUT you have to acknowledge the healthy talent he had to throw to. That played a huge role in his regression.

I honestly am beginning to believe you are Mark Sanchez. That has to be the reason you continue to believe he's great.

I have never once called him great, I discuss reality. I don't give up on players when they have a bad year(even as bad as mark had last year).

500ac3-1.jpg
a 25 year old RB w/ only 256 carries for his career, that's less than a season for a feature ack.

Mark has already proven he can win big in this league, Geno needs to prove it(as does your QB). 32 isn't old except for a RB.

so much changes in this league from year to year, it's kind of silly to look 3 years down the road.

They would have won more if Mark was their QB and would have made at least 1 SB.
The reality is that they would have won more if

a)late in the season, at a mediocre 7-7, having lost a must win game at home to the already-eliminated Atlanta Falcons, Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell decided that resting and protecting their starters by pulling them with a lead, was more important going into the playoffs than a perceived meaningless game and a perfect record through 14 games. Of course that was born out when the starters outscored the jest 24-0 when it mattered, in the last 31 minutes of the playoff game

b)faced a team whose league leading kicker choked on 2 gimme's (36 and 40yds) and their RB broke a 53 yard TD run to eke out a 3 pt win despite their own QB crapping the bed with a 60QBR, 101 yds, 12-23 and the fortune that their own kicker hit a 46yder, from a position where the QB didn't do them any favors

c)faced an already dead playoff team that going into the playoffs was playing at a .500 clip over the last 4 regular seasons games was 1-3, being outscored 51-104 (that victory against a 4 win KC).

500ac3-1.jpg

The reality is that they would have won more if

a)late in the season, at a mediocre 7-7, having lost a must win game at home to the already-eliminated Atlanta Falcons, Bill Polian and Jim Caldwell decided that resting and protecting their starters by pulling them with a lead, was more important going into the playoffs than a perceived meaningless game and a perfect record through 14 games. Of course that was born out when the starters outscored the jest 24-0 when it mattered, in the last 31 minutes of the playoff game

b)faced a team whose league leading kicker choked on 2 gimme's (36 and 40yds) and their RB broke a 53 yard TD run to eke out a 3 pt win despite their own QB crapping the bed with a 60QBR, 101 yds, 12-23 and the fortune that their own kicker hit a 46yder, from a position where the QB didn't do them any favors

c)faced an already dead playoff team that going into the playoffs was playing at a .500 clip over the last 4 regular seasons games was 1-3, being outscored 51-104 (that victory against a 4 win KC).

a) let's say we win that game, our record is 10-6 instead of 9-7. Know where we would have ended up? as the 5 seed in Cincy on WC weekend. Know where we actually ended up? the 5 seed in Cincy on WC weekend.

b) you just don't understand football

c) that team swept both Pittsburgh and Baltimore and won a tough division.

500ac3-1.jpg

When you're talking about a team that in their entire history never won more than 2 games in a postseason, Rex Grossman, who actually won a conference and appeared in SB, with almost identical career stats to Buttchez, would have done at least that well too by the process of elimination.

a) let's say we win that game, our record is 10-6 instead of 9-7. Know where we would have ended up? as the 5 seed in Cincy on WC weekend. Know where we actually ended up? the 5 seed in Cincy on WC weekend.

b) you just don't understand football

c) that team swept both Pittsburgh and Baltimore and won a tough division.

500ac3-1.jpg

Past history.. doesn't matter who they swept - if carrying through with your own example, the jest, which lost 6 out of 7, couldn't hold serve at home against a dead Atlanta team and overall up thru game 14, beat opponents with a cumulative sub .400 winning percentage, should not have done well in the playoffs, right? Unless you wanna use fantasy stats, obviously, based on the huge negative scoring differential over the last 4 games, the Bengals lost to then 9-4 MN and 9-5 SD - both playoff teams that unlike Cinci, wasn't one and done in the post season. FWIW, that season Denver won its first 6 games, including a win over the Bengals, then lost its next 4. They peaked earlier than the Bengals ended up doing. That's what they mean by "the team peaked at the right time" :idk:

What ifs?? Are you ****ing kidding me?? What if the same 7-7 Fins, and the same type of QB in Henne, also was given a game 15 free pass by Polian that year and then faced dead team walking Cinci, only to face them again? They'd have gone at least 2 games into the playoffs.

I don't doubt that you know a little bit about football - but like they say: "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" especially when combined with Homervision. The thing is, on 2 different forums, most everyone realizes that but you.

333ga42-1.jpg

I did? I must post in a different language that I can't read.

I'm sorry, TECHNICALLY you said they would appear in the Superbowl but I'm guessing since you felt a need to correct me in your fantasy they wouldn't win. My mistake it was an honest one.

Back
Top Bottom