CJ Anderson stays in Denver | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CJ Anderson stays in Denver

I like how you are using prior success as confirmation bias that somebody is infallible and ignoring the facts that are currently in front of your face.

Elway and the Broncos could have had CJ Anderson for much less $$ or a 2nd round draft pick if somebody signed him away. Instead, they had to overpay him to save face.

In what world is that a smart move?

FWIW, sometimes dumb decisions work out really well and smart ones fail miserably. There's a lot of luck involved.

The situation is a little more complicated than "he could have just signed him cheaper."

And what "facts?"

One of the facts is Elway is the current Super Bowl champion.

Disappointed, but moving on, I'm feeling like Miami's RB options are Henry in the 2nd or Dixon/Perkins in the 3rd. Or, they could trust the bulk of the carries to Ajayi and get a complimentary athlete like Prosise somewhere in the mid rounds.

Gotchya. and yep, I bet this draft will be boneheaded move after move. I see no reason to spend decent money on a body just to have a vet, time for fresh legs. But youre most likely right, asleep at the wheel.

you just have to go by whats on the board...I don't want to necessarily pidgeon hole it by saying 4th round take a rb no matter what...that run may come in the 3rd even...it's up to these guys to be ready for it regardless of position and to adapt accordingly...something they didn't do last year worth a damn...after all 4th round for us while high 4th is after a slew of compensatory picks are taken at the end of round 3 too...at the same time there's no reason Miami should be forcing a running back...if it's bpa in round 3 sure but don't jump rounds just cause you need a piece and overdraft it either...

I do know though that I wouldn't be using any top 50 pick on a rb in this class...just doesn't make sense for the values in the top 50 and miamis needs imo...it would be 3rd round or day 3 type stuff...

I have no problem either giving the gig to ajayi and pairing him with a spot piece if need be...who cares if his legs fall off in 3 years let me get all the bang for my buck I can between now and then...if he never sees his 2nd nfl contract I hope he he put his money away that's not my problem...i''ll replace him too in a few years or so if need be

I for one wanted CJ, especially with his relationship with Gase, but now we have to draft and I think fins knew that when Denver waited to the last minute to match. So there are some good backs in the draft, so its not over for me. Tbaum rolled the dice and didn't hit but its ok ..

So are we gonna use this new found money to sign a ****ing guard? No of course not, we have Dallas ****ing Thomas pumping iron in the weight room, we're set. I swear, Tannenbaum should be ****ing arrested for this garbage he's pulled so far.

This really doesn't surprise me. After losing both QBs and a bunch of people on defense the Broncos are thin on talented players. They are desperately hanging on to any talent. Does this mean Fitz stays with the Jets?

If they'd just spend some money on a decent corner and a serviceable guard, the whole CJ debacle would be long forgotten.

I for one wanted CJ, especially with his relationship with Gase, but now we have to draft and I think fins knew that when Denver waited to the last minute to match. So there are some good backs in the draft, so its not over for me. Tbaum rolled the dice and didn't hit but its ok ..
Yes.. Some will crap on him for losing out, but gotta give him credit for going after him.. Not his fault, Horse tooth jackass Elway countered!

What do you think Ryan is thinking when he sees defense after defense and rb being signed. He's too nice of a guy to go bust into Tannenbaums office and demand some protection. He really is too nice.

Jay Ajayi could gain a more featured role in the offense. He showed flashes of play making ability when given the ball last season, so give him the ball. He is also very capable of catching the ball and making plays. Would I want him to be our every down back, given 20+ touches a game? I'm not sure because of the injury concerns. But he is definitely capable of 10-15 touches a game in a more prominent role.

Damien Williams has shown flashes of play making ability in a very limited role. He has good hands and can catch the ball, he can carry the ball. Again utilise the talent on the roster. He might not be a starter on this roster, or even more than the third guy on the depth chart, but he is capable if given a chance. Give him a handful of touches a game.

At this point if we run an offense similar to Chicago, one that run the ball 29 times on average last season, what we would need to find in free agency or the draft is a back that is capable of being an every down back and contributing alongside Jay and Damien. Chris Johnson showed he can still make plays in the NFL last season with Arizona, he would come fairly cheap. Ronnie Hillman showed play making ability with the Broncos, again he shouldn't be overly expensive. And what about Arian Foster, we wouldn't need him to carry the load like he did with Houston, he again could be fairly inexpensive on a one or two year deal. If we paired a veteran with Jay and Damien, I think we'd have a good trio of backs to go forwards with. Or we could try and find another back in the draft, though whether we would want a trio of young inexperienced running backs is debatable.

For me, this isn't bad news as such that we aren't getting CJ Anderson. He is talented and I would have liked him on the roster, but there are other capable backs available in free agency and the draft that could contribute to our running game. And that's without considering Jay could be promoted to a more prominent role in this offense.

Back
Top Bottom