CK's Mocking the Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CK's Mocking the Mock

Pocoloco said:
I know you don't like to imagine trades CK, but if Vince Young gets by Oakland, I think Saban would be frantically trying to find a trade up partner. I just can't see us sit by while the guy drops to St. Louis

That's just not Saban's style man. We don't have a 5th or 6th as things stand already, so we don't have the ammo to start doing that...and I probably never see Saban trading away a future 1st. Teams aren't going to trade for a Miami player just on a whim like 'Hey you guys want to trade me your pick for our pick and we'll give you Sam Madison and Ricky Williams?'

Saban treasures draft picks. He'd probably rather have two 2nds than one 1st. He's that kind of guy. If we've traded someone like Ricky and given ourselves the ammo to move up, I think he'd explore "reasonable" prices to pick up Jay Cutler, but otherwise...nada.

I like it, not your typical mock. I would love it more if Huff or Greenway were available at our spot, but Watson may be the next best thing.

It may seem like a reach to some people to take him at 16, but in the end I think Watson will prove to be worthy of that pick. Physically, he's your picture-perfect nose tackle.

He can't be blocked one on one, and he fights through double teams. He rushes the passer better than he gets credit for. He's immovable against the run. I think his whole "lazy" rep is a bit overblown too. It's like once he got that reputation, it was nearly impossible to shake it off, no matter what he did.

All I know is I saw a bunch of Michigan games this year, and I didn't see him take many plays off. But then again, he didn't play as many snaps as other DTs. But when Watson was in there, he DEFINITELY made an impact.

Nice Job CK. It is hard to see Young falling, but I know that I would take Cutler over Young. I like the DT pick, although I hope Cromartie falls to us or maybe Winston Justice. Actually I want Cutler, but I am with you I don't see it happening. If you theory is right on Mr. Young, then it would be real interesting if we are picking at #16 and Young is sitting there. Very interesting.

ckparrothead said:
That's just not Saban's style man. We don't have a 5th or 6th as things stand already, so we don't have the ammo to start doing that...and I probably never see Saban trading away a future 1st. Teams aren't going to trade for a Miami player just on a whim like 'Hey you guys want to trade me your pick for our pick and we'll give you Sam Madison and Ricky Williams?'

Saban treasures draft picks. He'd probably rather have two 2nds than one 1st. He's that kind of guy. If we've traded someone like Ricky and given ourselves the ammo to move up, I think he'd explore "reasonable" prices to pick up Jay Cutler, but otherwise...nada.

Well we could trade our 4th to move up one spot like last year, and pick like Omar Jacobs. That would be fun. :sidelol:

Its hard to question you CK because you seem to really know your stuff, but I just can't see Cutler going that high. I know he has great potential and some very good measurables, but he still has alot of work to do and I just don't think a team takes him before 9 unless someone trades up. I also can't see Miami taking Watson with Williams on the board. Watson has some very big potential and at times can dominate, but his inconsistancy is a problem and I think the bigger need is at DB where Williams could be shut down. Just my two cents.

ckparrothead said:
Well then I guess you must be in the "Keith Traylor can play until he's 50" bandwagon.

Or the Manny Wright and Vickerson are gonna be good and we dont need a DT in the first round bandwagon

which happens to be the one Im in

Alex22 said:
Or the Manny Wright and Vickerson are gonna be good and we dont need a DT in the first round bandwagon

which happens to be the one Im in
They are not natural nose tackles like Gabe Watson is. Big difference.

LIQUID24 said:
They are not natural nose tackles like Gabe Watson is. Big difference.

Size isnt everything, and is one of the most over rated things in football IMO

Tell Steve Smith he is to small to be an impact WR

Tell Wes Welker he is to small to make a difference

Manny Showed when he got to play he made big plays and should continue to do so. Maybe he isnt the huge guy in the middle but that doesnt mean he cant play like he is that size

Alex22 said:

Manny Showed when he got to play he made big plays and should continue to do so. Maybe he isnt the huge guy in the middle but that doesnt mean he cant play like he is that size

Correct. Skill has to be there as well, but together they make a huge difference. Ask those players who were lining up against Traylor.

I think everyone would not be overly excited about this pick of Watson. He isn't the flash player that you look for in the first. I still like the pick. I just think of how great our D played with a Healthy Traylor, then I imagine and more athletic younger version. He would be a great help to the team. I just wonder if we could get him later in the draft or if he really will jump this high. A player I think we could also take that will rise like crazy is Manny Lawson. I think he fit our D really well and could create some excellent pressure from the other side of our D. Will be interesting to see if Watson gets that much press after the combine and prodays.

phinphan11 said:
Correct. Skill has to be there as well, but together they make a huge difference. Ask those players who were lining up against Traylor.

Yes of course if there are two equally talented guys I want the bigger one, but if I have 2 guys that have skill like Manny and Vickerson, I dont know if I draft a guy who plays there position in the first round just because he is bigger

I like the pick. It would fill a need. But Williams would be really hard to pass up given that he will solidify the biggest team weakness. (Lawson would be a possible pick too)

Bold prediction there CK but not as bold as some of the mocks out there.:D Nice job.

Alex22 said:

Not when it comes to NG. Size is very important for that position. Manny showed he could SPELL a NG and come in a game or two.

Back
Top Bottom