Clarification on Ireland, FA and Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clarification on Ireland, FA and Draft

Well it wasn't Ireland with poor clock management skills -> this team could be 5-1 with all it's flaws, but Ireland is in fact responsible for leaving this team with a bunch of so so starters and shabby understudies as I stated earlier one or two injuries away from an 8-8 season and what happens Keller and Wake go down and no replacements truly worthy of their weight.

So the truth is if we made the POs we would get crushed as we have nothing left in the tank...

Walrus said that Ireland was in full control since 2008, and his contract gave him "final say" since 2008. I provided a link that shows he did not have "final say" since 2008. That is all. He says he has final say, I say he doesn't. That's really all that's going on here but you are making it out to be something else.

Im not smart in your eyes but you think a GM has very little to do with a draft.. Ok

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Well it wasn't Ireland with poor clock management skills -> this team could be 5-1 with all it's flaws, but Ireland is in fact responsible for leaving this team with a bunch of so so starters and shabby understudies as I stated earlier one or two injuries away from an 8-8 season and what happens Keller and Wake go down and no replacements truly worthy of their weight.

So the truth is if we made the POs we would get crushed as we have nothing left in the tank...

Could we also be 1-5 with other factors

Last edited by a moderator:
He is the Gm what exactly do you think his job is? Do you think that Miami made picks totally off base from what the GM put all his hard work into.

Again, for the last time, nobody is disputing that Ireland was involved in general GM duties. What we are talking about here was a statement made by a poster who said Ireland had "final say", which I disputed.

Im not smart in your eyes but you think a GM has very little to do with a draft.. Ok

I never said that at all, and I'm pretty sure you know that. This wasn't about who is involved in the draft and who wasn't, so I am not sure what you are rambling on about chasing some stupid argument that nobody made.

Are you suggesting that the main reason why we are not 5-1 is because of the injuries we sustained? If so, I strongly disagree with you and would say the main reason we are not 5-1 right now is because we as a coaching staff excluding the GM are not smart-enough to use our personell 75% effectively.

On Offense:
Does anyone believe with the O/L we are utilzing the best scheme to maximaize their potential?
Between L.Miller and D.Thomas we are using the best offense play calling/Formations to take advantage of their strengths and minimize their weakness?
We are using M.Wallace, B.Hartline, M.Egnew in the most effective possible way?
Hell guys that are always on the bench R.Matthew, M.Thigpen is the bench the most effective way to utilize them/help the team?

^^^How about everything I've state above has a hell of alot more to do with why we are setting at 3-3 vs. 5-1 vs. J.Ireland "should have..."

Mike Wallace was the best WR available in FA. Do you remember who was the 3rd best receiver available? Yea it was Hartline. So what do you suggest we do for our WR problem?

Greg Jennings was available for less money, is an outstanding player, and a much better fit for our offense.

I wanted him as the guy we were going to sign at receiver, badly. We blew it.

Thanks I appreciate that. You seem like a reasonable guy so my question is how is Ireland supposed to get a replacement for Clabo 6 weeks into the season. There aren't many FA that are worth a look the other option is trading but most fans are against it.Yes we may bench him and start a different RT maybe Garner or Yeatman but then that is on the Coaches not Ireland.

The fact we went with McKinnie instead of Monroe or Roos tells me we are aiming for next season. Ireland is ready to let this season be .500 and just got McKinnie to try and hope Tannehill won't get killed. Is that good? Is that bad? I don't know. We are a young team, regardless of how long Ireland has been here we changed scheme and thus personnel in both sides of the ball plus we won't challenge big until our developing talented QB is ready, which I think he will be eventually. So there was no point hanging on to Bess, Burnett, Dansby, Davis et al. I just question his choice of stop gaps. He is very hit and miss at that. He can get the Dimitri Pattersons, Matt Moores and Richie Incognitos of the world but also the Colombos, Ocho Cincos and Clabos... But that's the way it is when you shop from the bargain bin, you win some you lose some but there should be some sort of floor in order to stay competitive.

I never said that at all, and I'm pretty sure you know that. This wasn't about who is involved in the draft and who wasn't, so I am not sure what you are rambling on about chasing some stupid argument that nobody made.

You know forget it I dont agree that Jeff Ireland was just here and Parcells made all the choices based on only Parcells. Believe what you want. In fact believe whats ever conveinent to your beliefs.
The only fact that we know is Ireland has been GM since 2008 , whatever the hell that means to anybody, beyond that I guess we can choose to believe whatever that means to us

Oh, Shelby, Vernon, Clay, Sims and Egnew are hardly the reason why we have dropped 3 games in a row...

Again, for the last time, nobody is disputing that Ireland was involved in general GM duties. What we are talking about here was a statement made by a poster who said Ireland had "final say", which I disputed.

I never argued that point I just said that final say or not he had plenty of say and that angle to me is quite overrated.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

The fact we went with McKinnie instead of Monroe or Roos tells me we are aiming for next season. Ireland is ready to let this season be .500 and just got McKinnie to try and hope Tannehill won't get killed. Is that good? Is that bad? I don't know. We are a young team, regardless of how long Ireland has been here we changed scheme and thus personnel in both sides of the ball plus we won't challenge big until our developing talented QB is ready, which I think he will be eventually. So there was no point hanging on to Bess, Burnett, Dansby, Davis et al. I just question his choice of stop gaps. He is very hit and miss at that. He can get the Dimitri Pattersons, Matt Moores and Richie Incognitos of the world but also the Colombos, Ocho Cincos and Clabos... But that's the way it is when you shop from the bargain bin, you win some you lose some but there should be some sort of floor in order to stay competitive.

Only been working on this line for half a decade. Jesus can we get a new approach

Riddle me this:

Is New England 5-1 right now because they are that much more talented than most team in the league(Pointing to the GM)?

OR

Is New England 5-1 because they are just better than most teams at maximizing the talent that they do have?(Pointing to the Coaches)

If we swapped rosters(Granted T.Brady is the outlier) what are the mutual teams records?

Riddle me this:

Is New England 5-1 right now because they are that much more talented than most team in the league(Pointing to the GM)?

OR

Is New England 5-1 because they are just better than most teams at maximizing the talent that they do have?(Pointing to the Coaches)

If we swapped rosters(Granted T.Brady is the outlier) what are the mutual teams records?

NE has the best coach in the league

I never argued that point I just said that final say or not he had plenty of say and that angle to me is quite overrated.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Only been working on this line for half a decade. Jesus can we get a new approach

It does get old rather quick

You know forget it I dont agree that Jeff Ireland was just here and Parcells made all the choices based on only Parcells. Believe what you want. In fact believe whats ever conveinent to your beliefs.
The only fact that we know is Ireland has been GM since 2008 , whatever the hell that means to anybody, beyond that I guess we can choose to believe whatever that means to us

I never said Ireland was just here. You didn't see me say anything about absolving Ireland or that he had nothing to do with drafting, so I'm not sure where you are getting all this BS from.

Again, for the 4th time, this was about who had "final say". Its not something I just believe, its something that I provided tangible evidence for.

You have to face the fact the line personnel is the one that needs the most turnover of all units due to scheme change. Long didn't want to stay because of it, Cog is not as good as he was, Jerry got worse and we drafted Martin based on the ZBS, had it not been because of it we would have gotten a power blocker instead. Fact is, some one's gotta pay for this and I see Turner getting the bill.

Back
Top Bottom