Clarification on Ireland, FA and Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clarification on Ireland, FA and Draft

If you want to blame Ireland for something, blame him for getting Philbin, Sherman and Coyle instead of a better hard nosed offensive coordinator, 3-4 defensive coordinator and Jeff Fisher/John Fox.

If you want to blame Ireland for something, blame him for getting Philbin, Sherman and Coyle instead of a better hard nosed offensive coordinator, 3-4 defensive coordinator and Jeff Fisher/John Fox.

We have no clue how much impact ireland had in coaching search although as the GM he shares in the blame regardless. As for corrdinators the head coach chooses most of them.
Some could absolve Ireland on Philben since he may not have final say on coach hire

If you blame coaching...that is still on Ireland....

Again....we have 5 years of drafting and personnel moves to evaluate the guy....his main job is to make the team more talented and after 5 year if the team in not more talented then there was a failure somewhere. Ireland in the only common denominator in all of this....two coaches, many QBs, many players, several different coordinators and just Ireland and the team has been mediocre his entire tenure.

If you blame coaching...that is still on Ireland....

Again....we have 5 years of drafting and personnel moves to evaluate the guy....his main job is to make the team more talented and after 5 year if the team in not more talented then there was a failure somewhere. Ireland in the only common denominator in all of this....two coaches, many QBs, many players, several different coordinators and just Ireland and the team has been mediocre his entire tenure.

Are you seriously trying to suggest the team is not MORE TALENTED today than it was 5 years ago?

In my opinion the hard nosed offense and 3-4 defense team was ready, it was just Morono and Co. that made it stink. Ireland hit a home run with Moore when it comes to a stop gap QB, had we had a decent HC and OC Moore could have taken us to the playoffs the year he was starting and given time he would just have gotten better. Marshall, Hartline and Bess were very suitable WRs. Fasano was a very nice balanced TE. The O-Line just needed a decent RT after the Colombo debacle. Even Daniel Thomas and his lacking vision would be nice fits in that offense. The defense was definitely ready. Had we gotten Fisher/Fox/McCoy/Billick, Linehan (again) and kept Bowles as DC we wouldn't have needed all the reshuffling we have done. Reports say Fisher turned us down and Fox would have probably done so too since the Broncos had a bunch of nice pieces in place. So if you would have rather had McCoy/Billick than Philbin and crew then yes Ireland/Ross made a mistake, if you think the changes in scheme to be positive then just nut up and shut up.

Are you seriously trying to suggest the team is not MORE TALENTED today than it was 5 years ago?

Yes I am suggesting just that.....

That team went 11-5.....Where do you think the Phins end up?

That team went 11-5.....Where do you think the Phins end up?

In your mind:

Chade Henne > R.Tannehill
Armstrong, Bess, Camerio,Ted Ginn> over what we have now
Hoilday, Langford > Over what we have now
Crowder, Roth, Porter > Over what we have now
Jason Allen, Will Allen > Over what we have now

2008_Miami_Dolphins
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Miami_Dolphins_season

SURE!!!

Actually...

Chad Pennington was the starting QB and at this point in Tannehill's career...Yes Pennington was better

LB's - Yeah I'll take that group over Wheeler and Misi...Porter had something like 15 sacks that season.

OL - not even close

DB's debatable...Bell and hill were pretty good and the only CB I would take on the current team is Grimes.

RB's huge advantage for 2008....Ricky William and Ronnie Brown...

The only strengths of the current team are the WR and DL....everything else 2008.

Actually...

Chad Pennington was the starting QB and at this point in Tannehill's career...Yes Pennington was better

LB's - Yeah I'll take that group over Wheeler and Misi...Porter had something like 15 sacks that season.

OL - not even close

DB's debatable...Bell and hill were pretty good and the only CB I would take on the current team is Grimes.

RB's huge advantage for 2008....Ricky William and Ronnie Brown...

The only strengths of the current team are the WR and DL....everything else 2008.

pennington over tannehill??? :lol:

when you build your team primarily thru free agency and bust out on so many high draft picks it's gonna be flawed...a high end qb hides a lot of it though...and they got that one right

but the 2nd and 3rd round draft picks while ireland has been here have been pretty much disasters...

pennington over tannehill??? :lol:

when you build your team primarily thru free agency and bust out on so many high draft picks it's gonna be flawed...a high end qb hides a lot of it though...and they got that one right

but the 2nd and 3rd round draft picks while ireland has been here have been pretty much disasters...

Tannehill will be a much better player, but Pennington was very good that season and would put him over Ryan based on their abilities in that one season vs this season.

Since the 08 draft....these are the 2nd and 3rd round picks (also the picks you use to build a winning franchise)...

Merling
Henne
Langford
White
Smith
Turner
Misi
Jerry
Thomas
Vernon
Egnew
Martin
Taylor
Davis
and whatever that lineman's name was they drafted this past offseason

That is an awful list of players...

Tannehill will be a much better player, but Pennington was very good that season and would put him over Ryan based on their abilities in that one season vs this season.

you realize that minus the wildcat that year penny would have never sniffed the season he put up??? somehow he ende up like 2nd in the mvp voting despite being pulled on every drive for the wildcat to offset deficiencies at wr and with the qbs arm

his timing and ball placement however was spot on...it better be...cause his arm was pop gun

Since the 08 draft....these are the 2nd and 3rd round picks (also the picks you use to build a winning franchise)...

Merling SUCK...ASS GOT BIGGER EVERY WEEK
Henne SUCK
Langford SOLID 34 DE/miscast as a 43 DT
White SUCK
Smith SHUT DOWN MY ASS
Turner GARBAGE COULDN"T SEPARATE IF HIS LIFE DEPENDED ON IT
Misi FAILURE AT 34 OLB SAVED CAREER AS 43 2 DOWN STRONG
Jerry WEAK LINK OF THE INTERIOR OLINE
Thomas EHHH...
Vernon SOLID BUT UNDERSIZED...
Egnew #3 TIGHT END FOR LIFE
Martin EARLY RESULTS ARE NOT ENCOURAGING
Taylor YET TO BE SEEN
Davis RED SHIRT...PLAYS SOFT DOESNT TACKLE
and whatever that lineman's name was they drafted this past offseason THOMAS-LOOKED AWFUL REDSHIRT AND PRAY

That is an awful list of players...

done

Mike Wallace was the best WR available in FA. Do you remember who was the 3rd best receiver available? Yea it was Hartline. So what do you suggest we do for our WR problem?

So then we should sign the highest profile wide receiver available regardless of whether he fits stylistically with our quarterback? Great plan.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

All fair points! Considering we have just about everything new and are still having some of the same problems can only reasonably be attributed to J.Ireland. I'm just of the opinion that Ireland "rarely" overrides the OC/DC and other coaches on whom "they" think would be great for our system. I could be wrong and a GM does that all the time and pick "his" guy against the input of everyone else. But, I seriously doubt that's how it works.

Hell, when the Dolphins were on Hard Knocks it seemed pretty apparent to me that, yes while J.Ireland has final say, rarely was any decision made without serious Input from the other coaches.

I don't think you have any reason to feel that way, though. There's no evidence at all that's the dynamic.

So then we should sign the highest profile wide receiver available regardless of whether he fits stylistically with our quarterback? Great plan.

in all fairness greg jennings isn't doing much...at least wallace is younger and has more shelf life...i say that knowing full well that it was jennings that i wanted over wallace this last offseason...but i also know that jennings wouldn't be opening things up for clay especially like wallace has

Back
Top Bottom