Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender

First day of Free Agency: Bills plan to sign Clay to an offer sheet
Wednesday: Bills plan to sign Clay to an offer sheet
Thursday: Offer sheet is on the way
Friday: Expect an offer sheet today or Saturday
Saturday: Bills plan to sign Clay to offer sheet

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

I do not buy Tim Graham's report.

If that is the case, why didn't they take the tag off by now.

This could be rope a dope strategy for the Fins. Bills come in low. Clay signs and Miami matches.

Makes sense in a way. If he is giving the team a hard time, let other teams negotiate with him and see where it leads. If you like the numbers, match, but otherwise let him go.

Clay could have been a Bill by now if they really wanted him. We already have a pro bowl caliber TE. No real pressure on us clay is a luxury for us now if we get him.

Yeah Miami still has the power and the upper hand until we lift the tag

Yeah and the Bills have time. Specially with the reports you are not negotiating a LTD anymore

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Clay could have been a Bill by now if they really wanted him. We already have a pro bowl caliber TE. No real pressure on us clay is a luxury for us now if we get him.

Pro Bowl TE with major Concussion issues on essentially a 1 year deal.

I am waiting on the Beasley or Mando story in about two hours saying that the Fins are "in it to the end" on Clay.

Yeah and the Bills have time. Specially with the reports you are not negotiating a LTD anymore

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

What motivates rival fans to post on rival teams forums?? Just wondering as I have no interest signing up for any other teams forums and bust balls back and forth...

What motivates rival fans to post on rival teams forums?? Just wondering as I have no interest signing up for any other teams forums and bust balls back and forth...

Those People are more bored than we thought

We'll see how it plays out. There's been a lot of conflicting reports this offseason and I think until the Dolphins remove the tag, there's still a chance Clay stays. Either way, if you don't want to keep him, at least make the Bills overpay for him.

He's more of a playmaker we need more so than a luxury we don't.

Don't forget Deon Sims. He's a better TE then any TE the Bills have had recently

We'll see how it plays out. There's been a lot of conflicting reports this offseason and I think until the Dolphins remove the tag, there's still a chance Clay stays. Either way, if you don't want to keep him, at least make the Bills overpay for him.

Why would we remove the tag unless we sign him to a Ltd

Claywatch 2015....who will he sign with...stay tuned for months

I'll believe the Graham report if/when the Dolphins pull the tender offer. Until then I call bull****.

More than anything this strikes me as a tactic designed to get Buffalo to finally get off their collective asses and make a contract offer. Believe it or not they still haven't done that. It also might help Clay to speed things up. Right now he seems content to go forward with all the pace of a fart making it's way across a room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom