Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender

Tannenbaum has played the Clay situation and filling the TE masterfully.

I hope you are right. I think they got played by Cameron's agent. Clay is in Buffalo waiting for offer. Cameron is in Miami. They can't come to terms with either. Magically, news is leaked that Cameron is going to resign with Cleveland 2 yrs at $15 million. At that point, the Dolphins thought they were going to lose Clay to Buffalo and Cameron to Cleveland. They panicked and brought Cameron back and paid ... wait for it ... 2 yrs at $15 million!

I think that the Dolphins' management underestimated Clay's market and the TE market overall. Maybe this (signing Cameron) was the plan all along. My guess is they will still lose Clay to either Cleveland or Buffalo. And perhaps Cameron works out better. At the onset, I was thinking they could sign Cameron in the $4-5 million/yr range because they didn't want to pay Clay in the $7-8 million range. Well, they ended up there any way.

I am excited about Cameron's potential. I hope he can stay healthy.

I think that the Dolphins' management underestimated Clay's market and the TE market overall.

My guess is that the Dolphins realized they were going to be spending in the same ballpark on either player, and decided to go with the better player. They have to be either comfortable with the medical or willing to chance it.

Wallace restructures and Clay stays ~

WR taken in the first two rds of the draft (possibly a trade up or down)

Wallace is expendable next season

Brilliant moves by the FO

This is just my opinion, but having Clay and Cameron makes Wallace more expendable....ala the Pats when they had Gronk and Hernandez. I think it plays more to Tannes strengths having 2 pass catching TEs and 2 receivers and you can run from this formation easier!

Makes a lot of sense

If Wallace restructures he might not be as expendable next season, the way his contract was structured in the first place left room to move on after year three. That might not be as true if he restructures, the money has to go on the books someplace.

I hope you are right. I think they got played by Cameron's agent. Clay is in Buffalo waiting for offer. Cameron is in Miami. They can't come to terms with either. Magically, news is leaked that Cameron is going to resign with Cleveland 2 yrs at $15 million. At that point, the Dolphins thought they were going to lose Clay to Buffalo and Cameron to Cleveland. They panicked and brought Cameron back and paid ... wait for it ... 2 yrs at $15 million!

I think that the Dolphins' management underestimated Clay's market and the TE market overall. Maybe this (signing Cameron) was the plan all along. My guess is they will still lose Clay to either Cleveland or Buffalo. And perhaps Cameron works out better. At the onset, I was thinking they could sign Cameron in the $4-5 million/yr range because they didn't want to pay Clay in the $7-8 million range. Well, they ended up there any way.

I am excited about Cameron's potential. I hope he can stay healthy.

Sounds like Omar speculation to me. Sorry that was uncalled just sick of the negative always being manifested from a positive.

Wallace restructuring? Riiiiiight. I think we have a better chance of seeing Marino come out of retirement than seeing Wallace restructure.

He said he's willing to. We'll see.

Yeah for a lower cap hit now, but more guarantee...will make it harder to cut next year...

Personally I would rather ride this out and revisit cutting him after the season...

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
The Dolphins are indeed interested in re-signing TE Charles Clay if his offer from Buffalo is manageable. Cameron, Clay, Sims, & Lynch.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
The Dolphins are indeed interested in re-signing TE Charles Clay if his offer from Buffalo is manageable. Cameron, Clay, Sims, & Lynch.

my question is... what offer? put it out Buffalo if you're going to.... it seems like they may not. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

thank you Daytona!!!

you have been awesome for us too all FA period as well... highly appreciated!!!

my question is... what offer? put it out Buffalo if you're going to.... it seems like they may not. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

thank you Daytona!!!

you have been awesome for us too all FA period as well... highly appreciated!!!

They're waiting till July 21st. :chuckle:

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero · 36s 36 seconds ago

Dolphins and Bills trading offers over Charles Clay. Pretty interesting.

Back
Top Bottom