Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay has returned to Miami after 3 days in Buffalo & Dolphins have not pulled tender

Sign him Up Dawnnebaumickey!

Sorry, just dont see how weather plays into any of this. I am sure he would want a nice deal from Miami so he could stay with RT and gang. Not seeing how we can fit all this into a nice package under cap and do what we need to do for RT's deal.

I say we make Buffalo wait it out.

If Clay signs here, you can start worrying about the cap. I did not care what anyone was saying about the cap when Suh signed, but now? yeah, Tannenbaum is going full bore crazy if Clay is a Dolphin.

though I dont think we will keep clay, im gonna play the standard passive/agressive, optamistic pessamist Dolfan here. If we retain Clay, we we will have the best one/two Te punch in the league for 8 - 16 games per season. Even if one is injured, we will still have one stud te on the field to pair with future pro bowler dion simms. That is, of course, if both arent hurt at the same time. Which means the potential filled arthur lynch will get a chance, if his back holds up. :thumbup::boohoo:

Seriously though, I do love the jordan cameron signing!

Am 550 buffalo is saying they have insider info saying they will offer clay today/Saturday and confident they will get him

Charles Robinson ✔ @CharlesRobinson
W/ Jordan Cameron in books, Buffalo #Bills will have an offer to Miami #Dolphins TE Charles Clay today or Sat. They believe they'll get him.

Tannenbaum has played the Clay situation and filling the TE masterfully.

Tannenbaum has played the Clay situation and filling the TE masterfully.

I agree and I'm super excited about the signing of Cameron. I believe he takes2 problems off our hands. Fills tight end need plus gives us big red zone target.

I agree and I'm super excited about the signing of Cameron. I believe he takes2 problems off our hands. Fills tight end need plus gives us big red zone target.

I'd feel a little more comfortable with a big body WR to have a 2nd red zone threat

They did not know the market for Clay exactly. Transitioned him...controlled the pace of things. When Clay balked at coming back, Tannenbaum looked at a more talented TE, albeit with a red flag. However, the commitment is not that long and of good value.

Wallace restructures and Clay stays ~

WR taken in the first two rds of the draft (possibly a trade up or down)

Wallace is expendable next season

Brilliant moves by the FO

This is just my opinion, but having Clay and Cameron makes Wallace more expendable....ala the Pats when they had Gronk and Hernandez. I think it plays more to Tannes strengths having 2 pass catching TEs and 2 receivers and you can run from this formation easier!

Makes a lot of sense

I think if Clay bolts we should try to get Bowe on the cheap and add another redzone threat at receiver. I think Bowes production slip has a lot to do with Alex Smith and where he likes to throw.

I'm not sure man, while it sounds good in theory, every time I have watched a KC game Bowe just stinks. Drops balls, no special effort. Not impressed by the guy at all.

Back
Top Bottom