Clear area to improve | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clear area to improve

Yeah safe to say our WRs are terrible..most of them are practice squad material at best...some shouldn't even be employed.

Ford and Hollins better not be on our roster next season

All very true. I’ll pluck just one out of your list for emphasis - YAC. When is the last time you saw a Miami WR take a pass and then take it a fair distance after the catch?

As I was watching the Titans/Texans game yesterday, I saw receivers on both sides do it routinely. And if
they weren’t running far after the catch, they were simply making great catches.
Yards after catch is almost exclusively dependent on where the qb is placing the ball.
If your reciever has to make adjustments just to make a completion, he's not afforded the opportunity to make adjustments for extra yardage.
Tua is dink and dunk and only knows how to hit a reciever on a stop route after he's open instead of leading him into the catch.
The problems Tua is having does not fall on anyone except Tua. There are multiple targets on every play, but throwing to the checkdown each time is a choice.
Fitzpatrick doesn't have these problems with the same supporting cast.
You can teach a quarterback a playbook, and a smart quarterback can use that knowledge to audible into an ideal play. However, just like speed, you can't teach field vision. You either have it or you don't. Tua doesn't.

Yards after catch is almost exclusively dependent on where the qb is placing the ball.
If your reciever has to make adjustments just to make a completion, he's not afforded the opportunity to make adjustments for extra yardage.
Tua is dink and dunk and only knows how to hit a reciever on a stop route after he's open instead of leading him into the catch.
The problems Tua is having does not fall on anyone except Tua. There are multiple targets on every play, but throwing to the checkdown each time is a choice.
Fitzpatrick doesn't have these problems with the same supporting cast.
You can teach a quarterback a playbook, and a smart quarterback can use that knowledge to audible into an ideal play. However, just like speed, you can't teach field vision. You either have it or you don't. Tua doesn't.
Nice try but last season, Fins were 3rd to last in YAC... And Tua was in college so....

Hey @ChambersWI thanks for posting this. After my "cut the whole damn team" meltdown about mid-3rd quarter I regrouped and thought "well it's a 10-6 season on a team that has no business being 8-8".

Good job Miami.

I do however think that if you are a running back not named Gaskins or in the wide receiver group you might want to make provisions to list your house come April.

Will people stop with the "Jay Ajayi was good" BS.

Ajayi was a flash in the pan. A few good games but couldn't catch a cold once he got to the NFL, was egocentric, and injury prone. He hardly carried the ball in Philly and they had the best oline that year. Next year he was already on the outs and blew out the knee again. Now his career is over, never even came close to a "second contract" in the FA sense.

Ajayi was a good running back. Teams had to take into account Miami's rushing attack as he had three 200 yard rushing games in 2016. The Dolphins haven't had that type of threat since he left.

Like I keep saying this entire 4 months is going to be “we need a QB“, “we don’t need a QB” and the Dolphins aren’t going to help us out at all. They will just keep saying, “We’re evaluating everything” which is smart and will leave the door open to drafting a QB that some will not be able to ignore. It’s going to be an aggravating 4 months after a pretty good season that had a horrific ending.

I said it in another post, I would trade all of our RB's and WR's straight up to ANY other team in football for their Wr's and Rb's.

Even the Jets.. (maybe, lol)

In the past 4 or 5 games:

- The Oline sucked
- The receivers sucked.

We owe it to Tua to see what he can do with some improvement in those areas, we'd be stupid not to at least do that much

where was the off line graded?
which got worse as season went along ,got no push in run game , or handled stunts well in pass protection

wr,rb isnt the only issue in the offence

All very true. I’ll pluck just one out of your list for emphasis - YAC. When is the last time you saw a Miami WR take a pass and then take it a fair distance after the catch?

As I was watching the Titans/Texans game yesterday, I saw receivers on both sides do it routinely. And if they weren’t running far after the catch, they were simply making great catches.
agree, and our guys can't catch low passes, is like they have in their contracts they only catch balls that are above their belts.

where was the off line graded?
which got worse as season went along ,got no push in run game , or handled stunts well in pass protection

wr,rb isnt the only issue in the offence
That’s going to happen playing 3 rookies. But there’s upside there. There is no upside in that receiver room or running back room.

Miami desperately needs to find a good running back. Haven't had a good one since Ajayi. Sick of our leading rushers having less than 50 yards a game
To be fair, Gaskin averages the 9th most yards per game of anybody in the league (at least before yesterday).

He's pretty good. Sure we need a running back, but someone who doesn't suck splitting time with Gaskin would be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom