Clear area to improve | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clear area to improve

You're good man, just 'try' to remain somewhat positive after that premium beat down. Some can't...
I'm positive, this is the most encouraged I've been about the future of the team since the mid 80s. We have what I consider to be the next big thing in Flores, the defense is a couple of pieces away from being potentially dominant, we have young, upside O-linemen to fix our biggest issue and we might have the franchise quarterback in place. And the amazing part is we have the draft capital to be very creative and dangerous in the draft including, if the front office sees fit, to go after another QB. To be clear though I want to see Tua under center on the first play from scrimmage next year behind Jackson, Hunt and Kindley with an actual training camp under their belt and with an upgrade at the skill spots.

I realize first most of those poster are relatively new. Like less than 100 post type of new. Second it going to be a long offseason and they're not letting-up and not trying to approach anything close to a fair assesment. So instead of risking getting infractions, i've decided to us my ignore feature. I already have 5 members on there and it's not even noon.

Not dealing with it and i suggest you don't either.
Yes, you sold me. Will take the advice

Last edited:
Miami desperately needs to find a good running back. Haven't had a good one since Ajayi. Sick of our leading rushers having less than 50 yards a game

I remember he had more average to bad days then he had real good days.

I also remember in the beginning of his 1st year, he was kept from dressing for one game due to some internal problems Gase felt necessary to address.

After that he played better.

Is he playing now?

For me it's not even about remaining "positive" after a loss. For me it's about trying to have a microcosm of balance about the organization overall. If you care then it's normal to "hurt" after a loss. But going on about firing everyone and replacing the young talent you drafted yesterday with another young talent likely isn't the most viable and prudent strategy to building on your foundation.

Believe it or not most young talent don't come into the NFL and light it up. The ones that do more times than not have complementary pieces around that success and that's okay. If that doesn't happen immediately with your young talent it doesn't mean you made a bad decision and that young talent is defective. Believe it or not that player might just need more time to develope and grow while you add more complementary pieces around them.
This is a valid point about young players. I live in Chiefs country and when Patrick Mahomes took over he had one of the best TEs in history in Kelce, one of the fastest WRs in Hill who has great hands as well, they added Watkins and drafted another burner in Mecole Hardman. Now Mahomes is ridiculous and could probably win throwing to some of us but that is a collection of skill players few QBs in NFL history have had the luxury of playing with.

Yes, you soled me. Will take the advice

Mods should strongly consider implementing a feature that doesn't allow newly registered members the ability to start threads with less than 100 post. It's very likely that those thread will be created just to sow drama and isn't worth, imo, disrupting the whole boards harmonious ecosystem.

For me it's not even about remaining "positive" after a loss. For me it's about trying to have a microcosm of balance about the organization overall. If you care then it's normal to "hurt" after a loss. But going on about firing everyone and replacing the young talent you drafted yesterday with another young talent likely isn't the most viable and prudent strategy to building on your foundation.

Believe it or not most young talent don't come into the NFL and light it up. The ones that do more times than not have complementary pieces around that success and that's okay. If that doesn't happen immediately with your young talent it doesn't mean you made a bad decision and that young talent is defective. Believe it or not that player might just need more time to develope and grow while you add more complementary pieces around them.
I agree, and think for the first time in years we have a coaching staff that can teach players how to grow into and improve their games and become legitimate players, affecting games.(ie: Van Ginkle)

Mods should strongly consider implementing a feature that doesn't allow newly registered members the ability to start threads with less than 100 post. It's very likely that those thread will be created just to sow drama and isn't worth, imo, disrupting the whole boards harmonious ecosystem.
Dude, love this idea and it’s been mentioned plenty of times. This needs to go into effect. A lot of those morons will then disappear. They shouldn’t be allowed to post in the game day thread either until 100 posts. It will force them to post valid posts. If you also use this rule in the game day thread it will force them to look at valid threads to post in. They won’t be able to run up their post count in the game threads with stupid one liners responses.

Believe it or not most young talent don't come into the NFL and light it up.

That applies to Preston Williams, Ford, Malcolm Perry, and Bowden, Ahmad and Gaskins as well. We should stick with them and not draft anyone?

I just joined yesterday so I guess I'm one of the people you are referencing. I have been a Dolphins fan since 1976 which is when I was old enough to pick a team. I live in the midwest, always have so any info I can get is via the internet (no more football digest) and I actually just happened upon this site yesterday by accident and wish I would've found it years ago. I needed to hear (read) other Miami fans talk about their frustrations, concerns and hopes moving forward and wanted to voice my opinion as well. That said I don't want to shake up the community here of people who have been here a long time. I should probably just read the content for awhile and start posting later but I couldnt help myself as I wanted to discuss with all of you.

Just give yourself a few minutes and think before you type.

The best posts I've seen are reason based, not an emotional omelet of complaints, whines and "I didn't have it my way".

Bzzzzzzzzt. Try again.
C'mon now.

If a top 5 pick is not an immediate upgrade to his position on your team, there is only 1 of 3 things possibly happening.

1. He is not a true top 5 talent.
2. He was drafted out of necessity to fix an obvious hole at his position. Please refer back to #1.
3. You already have a top 4 talent at the position.

None of this is a knock against Tua. Tua could be a really good QB in this league with enough development but we dont have 5 seasons to wait. This is a 10 win team that is 1 offseason away from a legit run.

Dude, love this idea and it’s been mentioned plenty of times. This needs to go into effect. A lot of those morons will then disappear. They shouldn’t be allowed to post in the game day thread either until 100 posts. It will force them to post valid posts. If you also use this rule in the game day thread it will force them to look at valid threads to post in. They won’t be able to run up their post count in the game threads with stupid one liners responses.

Our Mods are pretty good and i'm sure they have to balance several things including making it easier for fresh blood to join our board. But not all fresh blood is good bleed if it's just sowing drama all over the place. I'm sure they'll put a great solution in place. Until then, The ignore button is your friend.

C'mon now.

If a top 5 pick is not an immediate upgrade to his position on your team, there is only 1 of 3 things possibly happening.

1. He is not a true top 5 talent.
2. He was drafted out of necessity to fix an obvious hole at his position. Please refer back to #1.
3. You already have a top 4 talent at the position.

None of this is a knock against Tua. Tua could be a really good QB in this league with enough development but we dont have 5 seasons to wait. This is a 10 win team that is 1 offseason away from a legit run.
They are expected to be clear upgrades after 2-3 years, not immediately. That's a fan's expectations, but certainly not anybody within actual NFL organizations.

I think this pretty much says it all.

The Dolphins came into the season lacking talent at the skill positions. By the last 4-5 games, Miami had a revolving door of third and fourth string wide receivers.

Nearly making the playoffs was quite a feat.

It's not all offense, though. If Miami's pass rush doesn't get home, the defense is open to big plays. We saw that versus Buffalo and KC mostly.

I totally agree. Tua is the least of the problems with the offense. Obviously he made mistakes and he has room to continue to develop but Jesus, he was a rookie QB on an offense with little or no talent. If the Dolphins were to trade Tua as some individuals have suggested and instead draft Fields or Wilson, the Dolphins would regret that decision for years to come.

I just don’t understand it? Is the Dolphins fan base really this dumb? What were there expectations of Tua? Did our fan base honestly believe he was going to come in coming off major hip surgery with no training camp or preseason and throw for 300 yards and 3 tds a game as a rookie? Since when is that even a remotely realistic. Yeah Herbert had a good season but let’s not pretend his performance which only 2-3 others have come close to is the new standard for a rookie. 99% will still struggle. For the most part he played well for a rookie and took care of the ball which is something very hard for rookies. Could he of played better? Yes of course but honestly if you were expecting more than what he showed I can honestly say you are out of touch with reality expectations.

Back
Top Bottom