Clear area to improve | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clear area to improve

Ajayi was a good running back. Teams had to take into account Miami's rushing attack as he had three 200 yard rushing games in 2016. The Dolphins haven't had that type of threat since he left.
Good running backs don't play only 1 full year with a team, and 45 total in their career before never being signed again when physically capable of playing.

/end ridiculous discussion.

I just joined yesterday so I guess I'm one of the people you are referencing. I have been a Dolphins fan since 1976 which is when I was old enough to pick a team. I live in the midwest, always have so any info I can get is via the internet (no more football digest) and I actually just happened upon this site yesterday by accident and wish I would've found it years ago. I needed to hear (read) other Miami fans talk about their frustrations, concerns and hopes moving forward and wanted to voice my opinion as well. That said I don't want to shake up the community here of people who have been here a long time. I should probably just read the content for awhile and start posting later but I couldnt help myself as I wanted to discuss with all of you.

You seem like you're a reasonable poster @Rockchalk so let's see where this goes.

But there are too many posters that where nowhere to be found when the team was on a 5+ game tear? Winning 5,6,7,8,9 games? League leading #5,4,3,2,1 defense. No where! That's where those post where.

Personally, I'm not dealing with folks that aren't willing to make threads/post when the team was having massive success. But have no problem piling on when things didn't end as we expected as if they were there all along. In my book it doesn't work that way.

Nice try but last season, Fins were 3rd to last in YAC... And Tua was in college so....
That's what's annoying about all of this. People will say some specious argument, force you to prove them wrong because if you don't then that apparently automatically means they're right, and when you actually do, they disappear and get replaced by some other bozo who has just as much of a clue and it's just an infinite cycle.

For your own sanity's sake, when someone is obviously trolling or just completely clueless, just ignore them.

Is Fitzpatrick your measuring stick? There is a reason this is his 57th team.
A top 5 draft pick should bring immediate improvement to his position. He should not be outperformed by a 7th round draft pick who gets traded around from team to team out of necessity.
Bzzzzzzzzt. Try again.

Philly is definitely taking a receiver and they have the #6 spot. The best and safest spot to take a receiver outside of #3 is #4 Atlanta or #5 Bengals. Any lower than that and you open the door on teams drafting or leaping you and taking both revievers before your turn.

Miami HAS TO come out of this draft with 1 of those 2 prospects. Preferably Smith! Enough is enough let’s absolutely load this team offensively.
Very good chance they do. The only other consideration for them might be CB

I realize first most of those poster are relatively new. Like less than 100 post type of new. Second it going to be a long offseason and they're not letting-up and not trying to approach anything close fair assesment. So instead of risking getting infractions i've decided to us my ignore feature. I already have 5 members on their and it's not even noon.

Not dealing with it and i suggest you don't either.
What a wonderful feature! I too have resorted to that particular button.

Good running backs don't play only 1 full year with a team, and 45 total in their career before never being signed again when physically capable of playing.

/end ridiculous discussion.
You seem to be confusing labeling a running back's entire career as "good" vs one particular year.

I just joined yesterday so I guess I'm one of the people you are referencing. I have been a Dolphins fan since 1976 which is when I was old enough to pick a team. I live in the midwest, always have so any info I can get is via the internet (no more football digest) and I actually just happened upon this site yesterday by accident and wish I would've found it years ago. I needed to hear (read) other Miami fans talk about their frustrations, concerns and hopes moving forward and wanted to voice my opinion as well. That said I don't want to shake up the community here of people who have been here a long time. I should probably just read the content for awhile and start posting later but I couldnt help myself as I wanted to discuss with all of you.
You're good man, just 'try' to remain somewhat positive after that premium beat down. Some can't...

We have picks #3 and #18. Here's what you do:

Trade down from #3 (hopefully to around #6 or #7) and take Ja'Marr Chase or DeVonta Smith. Then you package #18, whatever you got in that first trade, and maybe one of our second rounders to move up and get Kyle Pitts.

Easy.

Yep, I am trading down and I would draft at least 3 WRs and 2 RBs

Did you mean 3 games? LOL
When you're ignoring a 24 carry 111 yard 1 TD game that same season and two 120+ yard games the beginning of the next season, you're just being disingenuous and argumentative.

What a wonderful feature! I too have resorted to that particular button.

Honestly it's one of the best kept secrets. I love to discuss different opinions regarding the team we love. But when you start dealing with poster with opinions like "Tua will obviously never be a good QB." Honestly, How do you debate with those that have that kind of Nostradamus insight? That prematurity in opinions? I've found that you can't and It's best to peacufully disagree, hit the ignore button, and move on.

Yes, Tua at Alabama had great receivers who consistently got open and had fantastic YAC. The receivers we have now have skills for a QB like Fitz. Tua also had a very good run game in college. QB is only one position, though the most important one, and needs the supporting cast to be successful. Give him 2 WR's, and a RB and he's much better. Let the OL mature and add another or two where needed and we're even better. AND, most importantly, in our rebuild 2021 was to be where we drafted/signed the skill positions. With quality picks and money to spend on free agency we are right on target.

You're good man, just 'try' to remain somewhat positive after that premium beat down. Some can't...

For me it's not even about remaining "positive" after a loss. For me it's about trying to have a microcosm of balance about the organization overall. If you care then it's normal to "hurt" after a loss. But going on about firing everyone and replacing the young talent you drafted yesterday with another young talent likely isn't the most viable and prudent strategy to building on your foundation.

Believe it or not most young talent don't come into the NFL and light it up. The ones that do more times than not have complementary pieces around that success and that's okay. If that doesn't happen immediately with your young talent it doesn't mean you made a bad decision and that young talent is defective. Believe it or not that player might just need more time to develope and grow while you add more complementary pieces around them.

Back
Top Bottom