Cold Pizza Reporting....... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cold Pizza Reporting.......

ck wrote:
Jim Mora just doesn't make sense to me

im right there with you makes no sense to me either why wouldnt we want to upgrade the offense? We will once again enjoy the wonders ofhaving to try not to lose the game instead of win it .... unless we bring in an OC. which knowing wayne wont happen.

Jim Mora Jr might be able to jump Jauron as the #3 coach of the AFC East.

Maybe.

Looks like a lose lose situation to me...Mora is terrible. Check the demise of his last two teams in the second half of the season.

The common misconception is that Jim Mora Jr. would somehow bring Atlanta's offense to Miami.

That could happen...if Atlanta fires their offensive coaching staff and Miami hires them.

But otherwise, Mora is a DEFENSIVE guy. There's no reason to believe he has any offensive know-how. So unless he brings his Atlanta offensive staff to Miami, he brings nothing to the offense.

And plus, it would mean we fire Hudson Houck. Houck does not coach an Atlanta/Denver/Houston style run blocking scheme. Atlanta's OL are coached by Alex Gibbs (or his underlings)...and Houck does not coach with Gibbs style.

Jim Mora just doesn't make sense to me.

Right analysis, wrong conclusion.

I think Houck would be out of place with Atlanta and Denver. But I'd rather have an Alex Gibbs coaching disciple. No one runs better than Denver or Atlanta as a team. No matter who the backs are in those systems, they seem to succeed.

So Houck may have to go. And thats fine with me. Our Oline wasn't outstanding under him anyway. Give me Alex Gibbs or one of the coaches he trained.

I wouldn't be surprised though to see Mora bring in Fassel to run the offense. I know JF had some problems coexisting in Baltimore with Billick, but that makes sense to me. Billick is an arrogant ******* who wants to do everything himself. Neuheisel will find out soon enough.

Anyway, I guess we'll know in the next day or two.

i don't think that mora is attached to the wco, knapp just happened to be available after mooch got canned and mora took him to atl w/ him.

and i agree w/ ck, mora doesn't make sense. gailey seems to be a much better fit b/c he is an offensive guy and has already worked with 4 members of our coaching staff in the past, which seems to be a sticking point w/ wh (a ready made staff). i'll believe that mora is our coach when he steps the the podium.

If we could get a QB like Matt Schaub for not too much compensation, then I would be all for running a WCO. But we have to have the players to execute it. And I don't know which coach would run it, but it would definitely take someone with a wide range of knowledge of that type of offense.

Wayne is going with bottom of the barrel. I dont want either one.:shakeno:

No, I like him to if my choices were between Gaily and Jim. But I wouldn't mind getting Marty S. if he is available because he can at least get us to the playoffs. Who cares if he can't win in the playoffs the dolphins just need to get there in the first place.

ding, ding ,ding we have a winer

we need to get there in the first place. my sentiments excactly.
who knows about shotty because if your gm is hostile towards you i dont think you can be successful or happy.
i am tired of the circus and i want us to just win but more importantly i want us to address the damn oline and receiver corp. the qb situation isnt too good either but who are we interested in ?
my thoughts on this is we should rebuild the oline thru f/a and draft wr , and defense and address the qb next year unless drew tate or russell can fall to us.:wink:

I'd prefer Mora over Gailey but I want a new OC. Malarky must go if this offense wants any chance of succeeding.

Rather have Gailey, but will settle for Mora as well. Not sure Wayne flying to GA means only MOra, doesn't Gailey live in GA too? (HC of GA Tech, right?)

Hmm, Mora with DC, Ronnie and maybe RW (even Morris) hmmmmm, smells good.

Just need new WRs, a new TE, OL help, and let Dom take care of the D, his D.

The common misconception is that Jim Mora Jr. would somehow bring Atlanta's offense to Miami.

That could happen...if Atlanta fires their offensive coaching staff and Miami hires them.

But otherwise, Mora is a DEFENSIVE guy. There's no reason to believe he has any offensive know-how. So unless he brings his Atlanta offensive staff to Miami, he brings nothing to the offense.

And plus, it would mean we fire Hudson Houck. Houck does not coach an Atlanta/Denver/Houston style run blocking scheme. Atlanta's OL are coached by Alex Gibbs (or his underlings)...and Houck does not coach with Gibbs style.

Jim Mora just doesn't make sense to me.

This whole thing has me puzzled unless Mora has told the Dolphin organization that he isn't married to a WCO. Not only is our OL completely wrong for that style, but Duante just isn't a WCO QB to me and Harrington has already struggled in that type of offense (actually you could say Harrington struggles in practically every type of offense, but I won't get into that).

Back
Top Bottom