College Coaching Changes | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Coaching Changes

sounds like Wyoming will name Craig Bohl (North Dakota State HC) their new coach. Bohl of course has been upsetting BCS schools regularly in recent years.

FAU plans to name a new HC soon and the rumor is the lead man is Everett Winters (Ohio State Co-DC, Safeties coach and former UNC assistant)

Michigan State DC Pat Narduzzi is wanted by Wake and UCONN

Sounds like Arkansas State may lose another HC to a different school as Boise is interviewing Bryan Harsin. Harsin was an OC for Petersen for a few years.

Sounds like the Wake Forrest job is between Ball State's Pete Lembo and Bowling Green's David Clawson

Wake reportedly hires Dave Clawson of Bowling Green to be the new Head Coach. Expect Bowling Green to reach out to Pat Narduzzi, Florida DC DJ Durkin (who coached at Bowling Green under Urban Meyer), Northwestern offensive coordinator Mick McCall and Ohio State running backs coach Stan Drayton. Drayton is also a candidate for FAU.

Washington DC, and former Boise State DC, Justin Wilcox will interview for the Boise State job this week. Former Boise HC and current Atlanta OC Dirk Koetter had an impressive phone interview and will receive a 2nd interview later this week. Bottom line, the next HC will have connections to Boise.

Reports are Mack Brown will be stepping down as Head Coach of Texas. NOTHING IS FINAL though

Looks to be very fluid, but ESPN is now reporting it after initially saying he wouldn't (and they actually have contradicting pieces currently on the site).

Recent rumor has an offer to Saban from Texas of 10 years, $100mm, and 1% of the Longhorn Network. Bank.

ib1D9qkyHyfLRF-1.gif

Lot of crazy rumors flying on Saban to Texas right now. Not sure what to believe, but I think there is way, way too much smoke here for there not to be a fire. I think it's a very real possibility right now.

Just let everything play out fellas,a lot of crap out there right now.
Texas will make a BIG play for Nick...He might go....hell, 3 titles in
4 years...I cant ask for anything more...wish him the best...
but...since Nick just got a committ from a 5 star cornerback today,
I just have a hard time believing Nick would lie to the kid and his family..
Lie to the media?Yes...lie to the kid? I'm not sure about that.
We will have to wait to see...we will know something by Monday..
I think thats when the deadtime for recruiting starts.

Nick Saban is a phenomenal coach but I have no doubts that he'll lie to anyone and anyone that serves his purpose. That said, my money is on 'angling for a raise from his current employer.'

Notre Dame DC Bob Diaco was named UConn HC after Pat Narduzzi pulled his name out of consideration. Pretty good hire there. I'm guessing Narduzzi is either A)Interested in another job or B)Knows something others don't

Eastern Michigan has gone out of the box with their head coaching hire naming Drake HC Chris Creighton as their new leader.

Back
Top Bottom