College Coaching Changes | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

College Coaching Changes

I'd like to think (read: hope) FSU can give him whatever the hell he wants to stick around.

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts exactly. I haven't always been a big Jimbo supporter but the last two years have shown me otherwise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Arkansas State hires North Carolina OC/QB coach Blake Anderson as their head coach and makes his buyout an insane $2 million (basically insuring that they'll have a head coach for more than one year)

Arkansas DL Coach Charlie Partidge is the new coach of FAU

Charlie Strong had a 4 hour interview with Texas yesterday but he's 1 of 4 on their list and he's probably 4th. I'll say this again: the only other job that would interest Charlie for sure is Florida, with an outside shot from South Carolina. Texas isn't a good fit for him and I think he knows it. He was passed over so many times for jobs and now he's in demand all of a sudden. I don't blame him for interviewing with other teams. He's earned it. We're paying him $3.7 mil. We'll just give him a raise, maybe put him over $4 mil.

Charlie Strong had a 4 hour interview with Texas yesterday but he's 1 of 4 on their list and he's probably 4th. I'll say this again: the only other job that would interest Charlie for sure is Florida, with an outside shot from South Carolina. Texas isn't a good fit for him and I think he knows it. He was passed over so many times for jobs and now he's in demand all of a sudden. I don't blame him for interviewing with other teams. He's earned it. We're paying him $3.7 mil. We'll just give him a raise, maybe put him over $4 mil.

On that topic, I just saw this:

xcsc-1.gif

:sidelol:

Strong has accepted the Texas job, he told AD Tom Jurich tonight. I wish him luck, but it's a poor fit and he's going to have buyer's remorse pretty quickly with that job.

I'd list possible replacements but trust nothing hear on the web. The only person that has that list is Tom Jurich and he'll get his man. That being said, I'm betting our next coach comes from this list:

Kirby Smart (not likely)
Chad Morris
Pat Narduzzi
Derek Mason (don't see how as it doesn't seem that he has any recruiting ties in the south and Florida)
Shawn Watson

That being said, the name could very well not be on that list. Only Jurich knows.

Personally I think Charlie Strong will do great at Texas if they give him a real shot. Mack's problem the last few years is he didn't put a lot of effort into recruiting.

I think Louisville should promote Shawn Watson.

Mike Munchak is interviewing for Penn State job. I think it's safe to say that the PSU head coach will be either Munchak, Al Golden, or James Franklin

Mike Munchak is interviewing for Penn State job. I think it's safe to say that the PSU head coach will be either Munchak, Al Golden, or James Franklin

After the scandal Penn State went through I'd be floored if they hire Franklin.

Strong has accepted the Texas job, he told AD Tom Jurich tonight. I wish him luck, but it's a poor fit and he's going to have buyer's remorse pretty quickly with that job.

I'd list possible replacements but trust nothing hear on the web. The only person that has that list is Tom Jurich and he'll get his man. That being said, I'm betting our next coach comes from this list:

Kirby Smart (not likely)
Chad Morris
Pat Narduzzi
Derek Mason (don't see how as it doesn't seem that he has any recruiting ties in the south and Florida)
Shawn Watson

That being said, the name could very well not be on that list. Only Jurich knows.

Why wouldn't Louisville consider Franklin from Vanderbilt? Seems like he knows the recruiting circles in the area and is obviously successful.

Why wouldn't Louisville consider Franklin from Vanderbilt? Seems like he knows the recruiting circles in the area and is obviously successful.

If the guy is getting looks from NFL clubs then I guessing he views Louisville as somewhat of a lateral move. I've heard his name mentioned, but only by the media. I would certainly be happy with him.

Tom Jurich had a press conference at noon. He's got his list (he did confirm that super agent Jimmy Sexton has 3 candidates on the list). It's a short list. There will be someone here at least by the end of the week, maybe even mid-week.

Personally I think Charlie Strong will do great at Texas if they give him a real shot. Mack's problem the last few years is he didn't put a lot of effort into recruiting.

I think Louisville should promote Shawn Watson.

Shawn Watson is a hell of a QB coach but only an OK play caller. He maybe on Jurich's list along with DC Vance Bedford. But if he's hiring an OC to be the next head coach then it better be Chad Morris.

Dude is from PA, and spent years in the PSAC (which is D-2 in the Penn State area) he applied for the job last time

Right but some of the things I've heard about that Vanderbilt rape scandal make me think Franklin ought to be the last choice to go up there right now.

Re: Louisville coaching search

AD Tom Jurich has interviewed 7 candidates per the story below. Card Chronicle is a blog but it is the best U of L blog on the web and Mike Rutherford is very responsible in running it. You can take it to the bank that this list is legit. The interest in Petrino surprises me and I hope he isn't the final choice. We should know something within the next 48 hours.

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/1...ewed-petrino-narduzzi-derek-mason-chad-morris

Less than three days after officially finding out that he had a vacancy to fill, Tom Jurich has interviewed seven candidates to be the next head football coach at the University of Louisville, a source with the program tells Card Chronicle.

Jurich's search process is now being described as "winding down."

So who's the front-runner at this moment? Although that exact term was never used, Jurich is "very, very interested" in Bobby Petrino, and believes that everything he's learned since leaving U of L the first time would result in a "new Bobby" coming to Louisville. He personally forgave Petrino a long time ago, but understands the concerns held by some within the fan base and at the university.

In four seasons at Louisville, Petrino led the Cardinals to an overall record of 41-9, two top 10 finishes and a victory in the 2007 Orange Bowl.

As for the other candidates, the source wouldn't confirm the names of anyone who has been formally contacted by U of L outside of Vance Bedford and Shawn Watson, but did name Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris, Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi and Stanford defensive coordinator Derek Mason as candidates for the position. It was also mentioned that Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez was never targeted by Jurich.

Back
Top Bottom