Combine Talk | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

Winston just looks silky smooth out there. Making the throws look easy. That pass to JJ Nelson with the extra air under it was very pretty.

There shouldn't be an argument on who is the best QB in this draft . . . . the Mariota/Winston race is media driven . . . the #1 guy is Winston, it's not close.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Is that "ankle weights" Wallace? lol

That nickname was one of the best contributions by Mike Sherman as a Miami Dolphin. Classic.

Winston just looks silky smooth out there. Making the throws look easy. That pass to JJ Nelson with the extra air under it was very pretty.

There shouldn't be an argument on who is the best QB in this draft . . . . the Mariota/Winston race is media driven . . . the #1 guy is Winston, it's not close.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

That nickname was one of the best contributions by Mike Sherman as a Miami Dolphin. Classic.

Winston has been my #1 QB for a while...I think most would consider him #1 if not for the off field issues. That's the only thing teams have to consider...is his off field stuff a concern?

If I'm Lovie Smith though I'm taking him #1 overall.

Winston has been my #1 QB for a while...I think most would consider him #1 if not for the off field issues. That's the only thing teams have to consider...is his off field stuff a concern?

If I'm Lovie Smith though I'm taking him #1 overall.

The way that whole rape thing played out never sat well with me. From the police to FSU, the whole thing came off shiesty. Not saying he's guilty, I have no clue, but something wasn't right there.

People don't realize how much these athletes get away with, what we hear about is just the tip of the iceberg.

It's not, I don't think anybody said it was.

I think it's also fair to mention it took Jackson to season 4 to really "get it" in the NFL . . . and this is with Rivers/Brees at QB and not the greatest WR group on the Chargers during that time.

I just think his career IMO translates more to what to expect of DGB.

People thinking it's gonna be Wallace, DGB and Landry wrecking **** in 2015, I am just trying to caution them with those type of expectations. It's fun to think about but it's also unlikely.

I never said that. He's certainly going to need some work. At this point, I don't really care about 2015. It's unlikely with anybody we draft. I'm thinking post-Philbin. However, that is probably one of the main reasons we won't pick him or any other player that will require adjustment time. Philbin needs someone who can contribute immediately, which will likely mean passing over those with much higher potential.

The way that whole rape thing played out never sat well with me. From the police to FSU, the whole thing came off shiesty. Not saying he's guilty, I have no clue, but something wasn't right there.

People don't realize how much these athletes get away with, what we hear about is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm with you on the Rape thing. That whole thing came off as some kind of cover up. Tampa Bay will have to make the decision on how much they can trust Winston. I'll tell you this...I'd rather see the Jets take Mariota than Winston at #6 so I'm hoping Winston goes to Tampa Bay for the Dolphins sake lol.

TB has to take Winston.

I certainly hope so, because I don't want the jests having a shot.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

I'm with you on the Rape thing. That whole thing came off as some kind of cover up. Tampa Bay will have to make the decision on how much they can trust Winston. I'll tell you this...I'd rather see the Jets take Mariota than Winston at #6 so I'm hoping Winston goes to Tampa Bay for the Dolphins sake lol.

Fortunately for them, drafting a high risk QB won't set them back for a decade if it fails like it once did.

There is definitely some maturity issues and some stuff got covered up in Tallahassee, I don't doubt it.

He's the ONLY surefire QB prospect this year. At that position, with a team that needs a QB, you have to take that gamble . . . whereas with DGB, WRs grow on trees in today's NFL . . . we just came off the arguably the most successful WR class in NFL history and this group in 2015 is not slouching. You gamble on the elite QB with some character questions at #1, you pass on the physical WR with character questions at 14.

Chip is going to go all in for Mariota IMO. He pulled a power move to get complete roster control this off season, IMO that was so he Get Mariota.

Chip is going to go all in for Mariota IMO. He pulled a power move to get complete roster control this off season, IMO that was so he Get Mariota.

Trading up from #20 to top 5 may be too rich for him...he may have to trade his whole draft plus some picks next year. Not sure that's worth it. I'm not high on Mariota but some people seem to be.

Good day for a lot of wideouts, looking like we better hope someone passes on Parker or White or we may need to trade up.

I'm a huge Strong fan, and I loved his tape (especially the USC game) and even I was surprised by his day. Build on that and do good in privates and the pro day and he may be in the conversation at 14.

Funchess didn't run well so you're probably looking at a switch back to TE for him.

I never said that. He's certainly going to need some work. At this point, I don't really care about 2015. It's unlikely with anybody we draft. I'm thinking post-Philbin. However, that is probably one of the main reasons we won't pick him or any other player that will require adjustment time. Philbin needs someone who can contribute immediately, which will likely mean passing over those with much higher potential.
With good reason though, he has character issues, he has a troubled history. The statement that Philbin would pass on him because he needs a guy to contribute immediately suggests that he would pass on him if he was a clean prospect. I don't think he does and I'm certain he's on Miami's board if he's clean. Philbin and Hickey pass on him because of his previous troubles. Most teams pass on him, top 15, because of it.

People were thrilled with Juwan James and Jarvis Landry last year . . . both guys were "safer picks", very, very clean backgrounds and just were solid football players. I'm ok getting these type of guys in round 1 and 2 . . . we need guys who have a proven track record of playing good football on the field without much bull**** off the field.

I just think we aren't that desperate to grab DGB at 14, when there are solid football players who will be good players for Miami available. If it means getting the 2nd highest potential guy at 14 (assuming DGB is the highest potential guy at 14) but he is clean on and off the field . . . I'm ok with it.

Why put risk into an equation that doesn't need it?

Good day for a lot of wideouts, looking like we better hope someone passes on Parker or White or we may need to trade up.

I'm a huge Strong fan, and I loved his tape (especially the USC game) and even I was surprised by his day. Build on that and do good in privates and the pro day and he may be in the conversation at 14.

Funchess didn't run well so you're probably looking at a switch back to TE for him.

He did well in the drills to. Sharp cuts, showed good body control (which you see plenty of that on tape), hands catcher...it was a good day for him.

I wouldn't even touch Funchess but some people around here are high on him. 4.70 40 though fits in with our slow WR group like I mentioned before. Except Funchess also has bad hands to go with his slow speed.

Trading up from #20 to top 5 may be too rich for him...he may have to trade his whole draft plus some picks next year. Not sure that's worth it. I'm not high on Mariota but some people seem to be.

Chip doesn't play by the normal rules most teams do. That's why his system works so damn good. He does his own thing, and believes in it. And that system Hasn't even had a proper qb yet.

And I don't see him as a guy who wants to wait for a qb to come to him, IMO he will do whatever it takes for Mariota. He needs his trigger man.

Back
Top Bottom